Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I completely forgot to watch that, have to add it to my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyone notice that re3 remake has been scarce in bricks and motar shops for about 6 months now?

It was averaging around 25-29.99 euro. Then it disappeared in the likes of smyths and argos. Gamestop have it for 39.99 but that's too much. Guess it's online I go. Anyone know if it's going cheap anywhere?

Or am I just better off going with a digital copy (I see it for 20 euro on xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Go digital.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It takes about 4 hours to complete so it's debateable if it's even worth a fiver IMO.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Just after I posted that today appears a re3 "Director's Cut Nemesis edition" is rumored to be announced at TGS this weekend.

Wonder if that was the reason there was a shortage of physical copies the whole year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I saw that rumour too, but dismissed it as it originated on 4chan. I could still believe it if there's a better source doing the rounds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Welcome to Raccoon City trailer due tomorrow

That thumbnail isn't too convincing

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Started Village yesterday. So far so good though the PC port is nowhere near as good as the ports of the last three Resi titles. A shame.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

And now the full trailer. November 24th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well would you look at that, a resident evil film that looks like resident evil, count me in! Looks a bit on the shiny side and not digging the song choice (would have loved to hear the original RE 1 music with this) but looking forward to giving this a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I don't know when or why every single game/movie trailer started using sombre versions of more upbeat songs, but I wish that habit would just **** off already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's a terrible trailer. Look up the international trailer on YouTube - think it's Russian - and it's ten times better.

Whoever made that god-awful US trailer should be sacked.

Movie itself - looks way more faithful to the source material than the Mila movies, not that that'd be hard......but also looks super-cheap, the effects are pretty awful. Could still be fun though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

To all those people thinking that trailer looks good, I hope ya'll are prepared for bitter disappointment.

Got halfway through the trailer. A "meh" from me. If I remember, I'll have a gander at the reviews but Resi's history on the big screen is a grim story.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭brady12

so resi evil fans . iv only played 7 and 8 . i was saving 2 for halloween . but now i'm buying oculus quest 2 and wondering i should play 2 or 4 VR first ? or does it matter story wise ? be cool for my first VR game play resi evil

H. H. Asquith

Honestly, you should play the regular version of RE4 before anything else as it is by far the best one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Never play them in VR - but RE4 VR is the latest developed so supposedly it should be the best VR RE? :p

Lore wise, if you only played 7, 8, then it doesnt matter much - 1,2-3, 4 are all good games to play ha. the remake of RE2 is excellent, go for that if you want a more traditional RE + modernized gameplay. RE4 is more action/shooter packed for sure.

ah ye saw this, i thought 'oh god what really happened there'. it really looks like a SyFy production ahaha - ye not looking forward to it :<

• Advertisement

RE7 Not A Hero DLC is tough going.

For anyone interested, a long in development HD mod for RE4 is coming next week

On that note, as someone who has never played RE4 what is the best version? I have the GC, Wii and PC versions and have a Quest 2 so could play the VR version.

Funnily enough I have all but 8 across GC, Wii, PS4/PSVR and PC, yet have only played and completed REMake and GC RE2

I'd say the PC remaster that came out some time ago. The GC won't have Ada's separate campaign. Doubt the Wii has it but I don't know.

H. H. Asquith

yes definitely PC version. GC was the best among those old console generation versions but ya the PC version is so much better on big screen now (and that HD mod looks even better).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wii is basically all the extras from the PS2 version but looks as good as the GC release and is in widescreen. It would have been the best console version until the recent remaster which sticks closely to the GC visual style. The PC one would be the best but the PS4 one is based off of that and there's very little difference between them.

The camera in RE4 put me off the game.

I would say PC or PS4, for the proper RE4 experience. As great as the Wii version is, it completely trivialises the handling of the various weapons in the game, which impacts the impeccable encounter design. The handgun and shotgun are no different when it comes to your handling speed. Also the increased accuracy means you will rarely miss shots, it just makes it a too easy. The QTEs are also by far the most annoying on Wii.

The VR version is incredible, and has made the game new again in a way a remake probably never could, but I still don't think I could recommend it for a first play through. If you like the game, the VR version is essential for a replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

fan made remake coming out this year, great use of the newer games engine for this

oh lord i didnt know about that - goddamn it looks crazy good! they put in the front yard/outdoor area too lmao, damn thats very impressive.

But ya Capcom might as well pay these guys - i hope they wont take it down like they did for dino crisis fan remake

• Advertisement

It does look promising. Free as well. Seems to be borrowing from the RE3 remake which is fine by me.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement