Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter work coat

• 05-10-2021 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

OK folks. I am sick of using an old good coat as a work coat so I am looking for a good winter coat for wearing on farm work. My criteria are,

warm,

reasonably weatherproof, I spend my time from shed to shed so don't spend long periods standing in the rain. I want it to be able to withstand some rain but doesn't have to be totally waterproof.

Not too bulky. I hate feeling like the Michelin man in a coat.

Durable. I am hard on gear so I don't want a tear at the first sign of a thorn or barbed wire.

Not overly expensive. I am willing to pay up to €150 so please no links to the latest merino wool underlayer super dooper €550 outdoors brand jacket with spaceship insulation.

How is that for a requirement list? I am not fussy am I? Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement