Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recruit Prison Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

The quoted pay scale is for rpo, 80k is quite achievable after about a decade.

Oh, can't believe I misinterpreted that! :o So that salary is while studying in Waterford IT? Prior to achieving the grade of prison officer?

I was thinking a lot less. Do you think that the pay/wage packet including OT reflects the work that prison officers must do? (I am assuming you are a PO yourself.) Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

job seeker wrote:
    I was thinking a lot less. Do you think that the pay/wage packet including OT reflects the work that prison officers must do? (I am assuming you are a PO yourself.) Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious!

It's good money for relatively low educational attainment. It's not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sylvia2013

Has anyone heard anything from Security Clearance? Sent mine away early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Moo02

Got to stage 4, is the written exercise hard? Roughly what kind of questions are asked for the interview?

Same here, made it to stage 4.

I wonder what the written exercise involves? They said on the message, they will get us to answer one question.

And what kind of questions are asked for the interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JaneONeill5

I am presuming you have already done your question of 350 words. I did mine last week. I found it easy enough as long as you know your competencies inside and out. Interview is next week, anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Susanbyrne1402

Has anyone heard if training has started for 2020 campaign yet. If not yet started any ideas when?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sylvia2013

Hi all, does anyone know how long after the medical before you're called for PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Susanbyrne1402

It's a couple of months. Seems slow especially with covid

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭StephenRy30

I think someone said before he pay is around €15 ph after 10 years ? My uncle was a governor and retired only few years ago he was on 100k but was in the job 30 years , dont think would get to 80k after only 10 years with no promotions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

Has anyone been refused clearance and if so how do they go about telling you and is it usually a quick turnaround if your not gonna get it , feels very cruel to pass everything else to be told in a years time, nope !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joe skipper

I am also curious about the above. Having.minor convictions from 10+ years ago should that stop the clearance going through?

Well Guys just got the invite for my medical there and had a quick question on the Pre-Employment Questionnaire. Where it says:

Department / Public Appointment Service Contact Name

Anyone know what goes in here? is it the contact name of someone in the PAS?

Thanks in advance.

Email Lisa burns she will tell you, it’s her name and email if I remember rightly but just check and make sure. I think everyone has asked them the same question at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jackfrost27

Dionrix15

Registered Users

Well Guys just got the invite for my medical there and had a quick question on the Pre-Employment Questionnaire. Where it says:

Department / Public Appointment Service Contact Name

Anyone know what goes in here? is it the contact name of someone in the PAS?

Where were you in the order of merit roughly?

I was placed 90

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dean2024

any sign on the prision officer recruiment drive can anyone fill me in are they lacking officers in the jails applied 2 times all ready had no luck seems very good job and a job for life am only 23 its something that all ways wanted to do like secruity work l do jail seems good place to work for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭apache

God love you Dean...

Anyone any idea how soon after medical you get called for the fitness?

@Benchwarmer23 when did you send medical away ? I send mine last weekend.

• Advertisement

Ya only completed it yesterday, just trying to see will it be this side of Christmas or after so I can decide how fat I’m allowed to get over Christmas

Id say drop the IPS an email saying you've sent all back and see if they have any idea when fitness is they should have some idea.

Anyone in for the fitness test on the 13th ?

l was told their is new recruit drive for prisons officers by ips this year what's the chances like last campaign their be no maths in stage 1 will be in stage 2 exam centre find the maths real tough don't see any reason why prison officers need to no maths.try 2 times for the prison service and l failed all over Maths hopefully they cut out the Maths one day for prison drive in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 P.O. 1

I'M A SERVING PRISON OFFICER AND IF CAN NOT FIGURE OUT WHY PRISON OFFICER WOULD NEED TO SOLVE NUMERICAL CALCULATIONS MAYBE THIS ISN'T THE JOB FOR YOU. BE INTERESTED TO HEAR WHAT YOU THIN K A PRISON OFFICERS JOB ENTAILS???

What prison are u working in don't mind me asking Many years u in the serivce.the maths questions they do ask u in the exam really don't no how need to no these kind of Maths questions they just wanna find out what's your knowledge l think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrniceguy_1

Hi has anyone heard anything about the March class yet? Or does anyone know when the calls would go out? Thanks!

• Advertisement

@Mrniceguy_1 I heard the march class calls have gone out already, they are giving 6 weeks notice and the march class is due in the 7th, the class after that is April 25th.

Advertisement