Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Abtran - work from home - LPT

Options
  • 03-10-2021 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

I'm about to start a new job with Abtran in the next few weeks working from home. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on working for them? It's for LPT account and from reviews on other sites I'm a bit worried about what I'm getting myself into. This is the first job I've had in a number of years due to mental health so I'm slightly concerned if the reviews are true it'll be detrimental to my mental health. Appreciate any feedback.

Comments

I worked for them before and they were very good for facilitating time off work for appointments and annual leave. Never worked from home, worked in the company

Pluses when I was there:

* 3 breaks in the day - 15mins, 30 mins and 15 minuets and 7 minutes allowed for away from desk

* you always finish work when you're supposed to

Some people hate call centre work.

In hindsight it was very good for me, no multitasking, no crazy targets, follow the script, have a good friendly tone on the call, be good at your call handling ( don't stay on the call for too long) . I think as a company they were very understanding

It's the low pay that isn't the greatest about the company, LPT account was a popular one when I was there as they had good Christmas holidays and no weekend work.

People I worked with are still there 7 years on.

I would suggest don't pay too much heed to the reviews go with the flow, do your best and look for support from your team leader if you ever need it.

If you are not suited to the working from home bring it up and they might be able to facilitate working from the office.

People were able to move to different accounts too or move to the mailroom, where they sorted the post that came in for the various accounts.

Looking back I honestly wish i never left, with mental health difficulties it was good to have a job with colleagues all being in their 20s and 30s mainly, allowing it to be laid back

Good luck with it if you choose its for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CJ27

Thanks so much for that. I know it's a huge company so the reviews probably aren't a true reflection of them. It's good to hear that you enjoyed it there and that plenty of people you worked with are still there. Thanks again!

Advertisement