Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Intent to marry appointment

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

Anyone have any joy with this yet? Website still not working, I called and they gave me a direct number but it always seems to ring out

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Just saw on a wedding group online that the appointments should be available to book online again from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Not letting me select any dates - if anyone has any luck can they let us know!!

Same for me, I called them and they said it was back online but it does not seem to be working

• Advertisement

I managed to get mine booked today. The website is still offline. I called the office a few times previously and they gave me direct numbers for the registrars but I had been calling them pretty much every day for two weeks and it always rings out without an answer (I am close to my 3 month notice period so it was a bit more urgent for me).

Today I decided to ring the main office number again today and they were able to transfer me to a registrar so I could make a booking (other times I called they were not able to do this because the line was busy). I think it is a matter of try calling until they can transfer you directly

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭C4000

I finally managed to attend an appointment and complete the notification process this week, 9 months after starting it.

When they eventually rang me, I was basically able to pick any time and date that suited for an appointment.....despite the fact that up to a couple of weeks ago they were saying they had nothing available for the foreseeable future. The staff there are very nice and everything but the system is a complete shambles.

I honestly think if you showed up there with all your paperwork and claimed to have been given an appointment over the phone by some unspecified person, you'd get away with it. There seemed to be a couple of people there who didn't have appts but had talked their way in and were being looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,517 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'v been ringing for 2 weeks and they won't even pick up the phone

Iv been thinking even though I'm in Dublin & getting married in could i book an appointment online for outside of Dublin and go there ?

Is the correct number for Dublin 018638200 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭C4000

Try these numbers:

01 8638241

01 8638239

These are direct lines for 2 of the registrars.

• Advertisement

While waiting o get through to them, does anybody know off hand for Dublin, if the notification appointment are always in Joyce House.

I have email confirmation for ceremony at Sir Patrick's Dun Hospital, but no email confirmation for notification appointment.

Our original booking had Joyce House for notification and Duns Hospital for ceremony.

Hey guys

Just a quick question do you need to bring your witness to the intent to marry appointment,

surely not but just double checking ,

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭suds1984

No don’t need to bring witnesss - just need their names and DOB’s for register to fill in form

The website is up and running now to make the appointments! Do you need to get any forms in advance or just the list of stuff they email you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭raheny red

We're getting married in July and can't get an appointment online. Is it a case of hounding their phonelines out of it and hoping for the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

Has anyone managed to get an appointment in the South West recently? No appointments available online any time I've checked over the last few weeks and the phone numbers of the local offices don't even ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭raheny red

I managed to get an appointment thanks to these numbers, nice one C4000. A very helpful lady on the phone. However, she asked 3 times throughout the phone call as to how I got the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hi folks. Has anyone managed to book one of these recently? I just got a call back from the registrar in Cork and the earliest appointment is October, so can get married in January. We are not in any major rush, we are together 10 years and we are only really getting married for legal/tax reasons (I know, how romantic). We are buying a house so kind of wanted is sorted by the end of the year at the very most. Only having a tiny midweek wedding too in a registry office/hotel of approx 10 people so hoping we’ll find it easy enough to get a date for the wedding. It’s just this notice appointment that is proving difficult to get.

Can you book the appointment in a different county to where you intend to get married?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

You don't have to get married within your county, so it would be a good idea to check availability with other registry offices if you don't want to wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement