Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tool- Friday 6th May 2022 3Arena Dublin

• 27-09-2021 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭

Tool have announced their long-awaited return to Ireland for a massive show at 3arena Dublin on Friday 6th May 2022.

Fan Club sale starts Tuesday 28th Sep 9am, 3Pre Sale starts Wednesday 29th Sep 9am, Public sale from 9am this Friday 1st October . Ticket Prices: Seats 107.00, 102.00, 92.00 (Prices subject to fees & subject to change)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is this a seated only gig? Only seems to be prices for seats listed. No standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Anyone having problems with the 3 presale codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Didn't with the code but had issues getting tickets. Made numerous attempts and finally got them

The visa card authorisation is a pain

I keep getting errors finding the tickets... this "queuing" systems seems a bit stupid compared to the old way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I can't purchase any tickets. . There's a little circle thats been spinning around for the last 40mins. I re-join queue and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dero

I can't get the 3 presale working at all. It offers me tickets (alternating between block M & N), but it then says unable to reserve, please choose again.

I have really crap eyesight, so wonder what are the chances of getting closer seats on Friday morning?

Nevermind. I got it working. I got two in block F. Feels weird that it's fully seated, but at least I'll be there. 🤘

That was happening for me too! And after and hour and a half it finally worked! Pay with Paypal, the card authorisation is stuck in a loop or too much traffic. Paypal zips through! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Got in at exactly 9am, 4 deadly seats, and then couldn't get the **** verified by Visa thing to work. Tried 3 times entering the correct code but it kept saying error.

After sending me 3 codes, it refused to send me any more and my time ran out. Beyond frustrating. Half tempted to give the Verified by Visa helpline a ring and bollock them out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Been trying on & off all day since 9am and wasn't offered any decent seats at all. Not paying 92 clams + fees to sit right at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

It was only giving me seating in G block this morning :/ atleast they're not at the back i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

nah, saw them in lisbon in 2019 and there was standing

wanted to get good seats earlier on pre sale but it kept giving block A (poxy seats imo)

eventually settled for block M, which is quite far and at the back but is more centre so will have a decent view but just a bit far back

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On this tour I should have said.

Got good seats in Block E, happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is MJK one of those no chit chatty performers ?

yep! dont think he said a word at the 2019 gig i was at for tool

saw APC a few times and he might say a bit here and there but not much really

Wtf is AIB verification crap.. they are meant to send a text and you reply Y or N. Why change that system for buying tickets. You need a quick a resolve because of the timer.. AIB basically wouldn't allow buy to purchase tickets.. Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tippingpoint

Managed to get flat seating this morning in row G. Delighted! The only ones available with the 3 presale code on Wednesday were all really far back 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rainagain

Other half got tickets for flat seating this morning, absolutely delighted. Have listened to the last album a lot recently!

Out of nosiness just had a look to see if tickets left - first time I've seen dynamic pricing for a gig in Ireland:

"BLOCK C Row 13 Seat -

Official Platinum Ticket €360.00 each+ Fees

These tickets vary in price driven by demand from fans, similar to airline tickets and hotel rooms. By using this dynamic pricing, we give fans an opportunity to safely buy official tickets for the events they love right up to the date of the show."

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Away for my wedding that week, unbelievable timing 😥

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Is this going to be the future of ticket pricing? The more demand the more ticketmaster fleece the buyer. €400 for a single ticket being sold BY ticketmaster doesn't seem right to me.. I thought Michael Higgins banned ticket touting. It would appear Ticketmaster ARE the Touts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Do you want a chat ?

i recommend the foo fighters or Bruce Springsteen or jedward

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rainagain

Exactly - the ticketsellers have found a way to sell stupidly priced tickets legally as they know that some people will pay crazy money. Unless bands/artists and their management insist on not using such tactics, I can see this being offered more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭boccers

He definitely spoke a bit in 2006. Mentioned something about Keenan and Carey being Irish names to many cheers and then Chancellor and Jones being English names which brought the obvious boos. He knew his audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Pro2ac

I rarely ever post on Boards.ie (a lurker) for fear of crazy negative comments thrown my way. I also don’t like creating a fuss, but as an immigrant to Ireland something that always excited me was that I could finally stand a chance to see bands I have adored since my teens. I genuinely adore all of Maynards output, perfect circle, pucifer, tool. Its gotten me through a lot and been incredibly empowering… and this whole thing has actually broken my heart. I tried my best to get a decent ticket in the presale, I was so nervous about tickets going on sale the previous night I struggled to sleep. The only thing I could get due to Ticketmaster difficulties is essentially in the broom cupboard. My partner tried to get something better on the presale this morning and didn’t manage. I am literally in the 2nd last row from the back, to the side. So I honestly considered trying to get the expensive tickets in row D today…just to discover they would be the same as my half of a mortgage payment (?!). I mean how is this the ethical way for a self-proclaimed post punk/metal band to carry on? I get it, times are tough. But jesus H , they are for us too. There has to be a more fair/ethical way for ticketmaster/tool to go about this surely? I mean did a lot of people get good tickets and I was just crazy unlucky?😔

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Roland27

What the hell are 'Official Platinum Tickets'? Is this a new thing? Are they in anyway different from regular tickets, or are they just like if all tickets are sold out quick they hold some 'Platinum' Tickets and charge a fortune??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They are just normal tickets that Ticketmaster hold back to sell off at exorbitant prices.

Dont buy the platinum tickets.

Ticketmaster will release extra seats later on at normal prices, they always do, you can then upgrade your tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

From TicketMaster's website:

Why are these tickets a higher price than tickets on the main website? Are these re-sale tickets? No these aren’t resale tickets. Platinum Tickets are being sold for the very first time through Ticketmaster. The prices are adjusted according to supply and demand, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the most in-demand tickets while allowing the artists and everyone involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value. 

Do I get anything else with my Platinum Tickets? Platinum Tickets aren’t part of a package, so the price you're paying is just for the tickets – there aren't any added extras or VIP/hospitality elements to the booking.

TicketMaster are now the touts basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The ban on ticket touting only applies to designated events and venues.

The promoter has to apply for designation under the act for a particular venue or event.

This has to be done before the event goes on sale and mentioned in the terms and conditions.

There seems to be vey little if no uptake by promoters so far, unsurprisingly when you consider that they want to sell platinum tickets .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Pro2ac

Hey, any idea when I should be checking or should I just sort of log back in every morning and have a look? Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.

Advertisement