Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why are there so few houses for sale in Salthill?

Options
  • 30-09-2021 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Just that: why so few houses for sale in Salthill? A lot of the houses listed as Salthill on Daft are actually in Rahoon or Knocknacarra. Only a handful in Salthill proper. I've been keeping tabs on it for a while and they're like hen's teeth as far as I can tell. What's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Housing stock is mostly older and the owners tend to stay to the bitter end😉

Some parts went through a change from one generation to the next but then prices went crazy which put a cap on potential buyers

that's my tuppence...

It's a nice area to live, people don't want to leave! There have been some listings in recent months, very few though and mostly €600k++.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Not sure about Salthill. I don't live too far away and have noticed that quite a few houses in my neighborhood are vacant due to the Fair Deal scheme.

They may come to the market once the owners pass and the HSE comes looking for their pound of flesh.

It's a shocking waste of housing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Ya its daft system alright and if a house is not lived in - it can deteriorate quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Not quite Salthil but there's occasionally a house going in Highfield. It has the advantages of Salthil in terms of not being hit with too much traffic getting into town and is a quiet settled estate too - and cheaper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

They should sell now because it will be under water by the end of the century.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement