Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah, not everyone plays on PC...

There's a huge point in moving on on consoles where the majority of its user base is. Never mind the XBox community who've been thoroughly fudged over by Konami.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭briany

Console players can still get option files and things to keep player lists up to date and so forth. If console players would rather spend the money not to have to bother with installing an option file, that's their business, but it remains an option for anyone sufficiently annoyed with the direction of the series. There's no doubt that such people will always be a minority, but at least it's something for those people.

Well xbox players can't really get option files worth bothering with.

And on PlayStation, it updates the roster and kits sure but not graphics, stadium packs, custom chants and commentary.

If you think that people's problems are based on things that can be solved with option files, you're not paying attention. The complaints range from graphical downgrades, near-zero updates to Master League, dodgy AI, the game being released in drips and drabs.

PlayStation is also the games biggest user base so actually the majority, not the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

I'm really put out about this news. I've been playing it since PES 2 and still play at least one game of master league most days when at a loose end. This really sucks.

How's FIFA these days? I got it about 6 years ago and thought the game play was dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

was really looking forward to PES on PS5 but this news has really put an end to that, will probably give fifa 22 a go but like you said last time I played fifa I thought the gameplay was really poor

• Advertisement

It really doesn't look good. Visuals that wouldn't look out of place on a PS3 and animations that still somehow look clunky.

If that doesn't kill this franchise, this is what will. The majority of new features will not be available at launch, I shít you not.

From Eurogamer:

For example, the new control ball trapping feature is only available post-launch. "Loads of dribbles and body feints are also available with intuitive commands," Konami said. "These make every duel an exciting moment for both attacker and defender."

A new feature called "sharp kicks", which comes with new animations, also won't be available at launch.

"Shark kicks" are special kicks, such as sharp crosses and fast lofted passes, that take more time to execute (you have to charge them, it seems). In the video we see an example of this: a dipping shot from outside the area by Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford.

The PlayStation 5 version's use of the DualSense's haptic feedback and adaptive triggers also won't be available until a future post-launch update.

At launch, only local matches featuring the likes of Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern and Manchester United will be available, alongside cross-generation matchmaking (PS5 vs PS4, and Xbox Series X and S vs Xbox One). You'll be able to play against CPU teams via local match. 

Given that this game needs to come out of the gates screaming in order to attract and retain players on a free to play system, not having the majority of new features and 99% of the teams will destroy it.

Launches on 30th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

I was going to take the plunge and chance FIFA, but I just watched a YouTube clip of a match. The gameplay looks horrendous. Maybe I'll chance a demo, but I can't see myself warming to it. It's a pity the fifa crowd seem more interested in player ratings than how the thing plays.

I might end up playing PES 21(which is really PES 20)for another year.

Have to say Im really enjoying FIFA 22 (playing with EA Access).

The fact that Konami aren't allowing anyone to show gameplay footage with it launching in a week whilst still pushing preorders hard is not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Is PES 2021 worth getting for someone who has PES 2019?

• Advertisement

Well its dirt cheap at this stage so its not a huge investment but its a season update pack using PES 2020 base model which itself wasn't much of an upgrade.

The new eFootball is free to play so at this stage I'd see how that turns out and then decide.

The game has been released and is available now. Free to play from the PS Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Just kicked off the download through the PSN App , looking forward to this, I mainly play master league and didn't bother with last years offering. I wouldn't mind seeing some updates in ML such as the financials, it would be nice to start with a lower league team and be able to generate revenue through competitions rather than buying and selling players as the only revenue stream. I wonder how long before we can buy the additional games modes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I haven't played if yet but it's been getting a horrible reaction.

Spoonypizzas currently doing a live stream playing it and is saying its a 0 out of 10 game and completely different to the game he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Early reviews awful - Pleased with myself that I refused to download it.

Actually disgusting the pre-order stuff they had available for a game that isn’t even a full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I was just wondering about the gameplay. I heard it's faster and the passing is more realistic or something like that. I don't care about anything else, like the rosters etc..

So I'm wondering if the gameplay advances over 2019 are enough to make it worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus...

Gave it a spin there.

I really wanted to be pleasantly surprised but my word, it's terrible.

Player responsiveness/lag was painful. In some instances it felt like a second before the player did what was commanded. The AI is infuriatingly stupid on both sides. Balls can come within two feet of players and they watch it go by them (or in one instance the opposition just ran past it when the easy intercept was there). In some instances the ball kept pinballing off players like Messi for no apparent reason. Graphics look very average but for a PS5 game, they look awful.

It looks and plays like a mobile game and the giveaway is the cursor under players when you have the ball - something always seen in mobile football games.

Still lots of jarring animations such as running to the corner flag with four players around you and then a quick cut to the full animation of the celebration and nobody is in sight apart from the player celebrating. Coming back for the second half with flickers to the last visual of the first half.

I'd swear that the commentary hasn't changed again.

RIP PES, this is dreadful. 3/10 stuff. Impossible to see what exactly took two yeas of work, what exactly were they working on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I don't have a PS5 yet so only downloaded it on PS4 but sweet Jesus is it rough.

All the fears are coming to pass. It is a pretty good football game for a mobile, but an embarrassment for a console / PC release from a AAA publisher.

Played Fifa in ea pass last night and wasn't that impressed either. We have actually somehow ended up with no good football games.

Konami has well and truly fucked it. Setting up your team is a nightmare at the start. And to limit is to 6 pkaystyles.

Was playing with Argentina in the introduction game and the ball landed to Messi on the wing - went for a run with him but if it didn't say Messi under his name I wouldn't have been able to tell you who it was. Everyone feels the same. Absolutely everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I think the general consensus is that it's been dumbed down so that it's cross-platformable for mobile players - ie. It's a mobile game that's been ported to consoles rather than the other way around.

Such a shame to see a game you've loved for the best part of 15-20 years killed off like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

I'm stíl really enjoying last year's Efootball 2021 season update (XboxX), think I'll stick to it and try not to get sucked into the new game if its as rough as its made out to be. Such a shame.

This year's version is now the worst rated game on Steam. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

How have they fucked it up so bad ?

Like seriously ?

Pro Evo’s gameplay was always its big advantage, how have they fucked it up ?

Anybody know themidnitekid who does Pro Evo vids on youtube ?

Seems to know what he is talking about and i think he was even invited over to Konami at one point for an event.

Young Irish fella but can’t place the accent .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Well f$%k it anyway... I activated the 10 hour trial of Fifa from EA Play and as much as I am ashamed to say I actually liked it🤢 , I would love to say I can get over PES and get on with it but I can see myself buying Fifa, really hope they patch it soon, I can handle the dodgy graphics its just the gameplay is terrible.

I didn't bother with the PES 21 season update, anyone know of good deals out there ? I think I could start a master league on it to tie me over for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭dasdog

I still call it ISS - it's pretty much the only game I play or played anymore. Getting slated :(

During PES’s lifetime we had to endure Pure Football, and O’Leary Manager 2000, and Chris Kamara’s Street Soccer, and the genuinely unplayable Xbox 360 version of FIFA 06: Road To World Cup. Konami’s sequel to Pro Evo doesn’t plumb such depths – but it’s still dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yeah, I've played nearly 400 hours of PES 21, now, and it's a very solid football game. There remains certain annoyances like the scripting and occasionally clumsy AI, but if you're on PC you can even mod some of that out, and you can mod in a whole lot of other stuff to really take it to another level. If Konami stick to their guns with this new direction for the series, I'll probably be like those people who never stopped playing PES 6 but just kept on updating the option file every season.

Advertisement