Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what are the positives surrounding the Covid19 coronavirus?

1313233343537»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

A pharmacist gave a Reddit Ireland poster this with their inhaler

Lovely gesture

That's how you keep customers and get new ones

fcv37g89huk61.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think Covid has made people realise that the weather in Ireland isn't that bad. Instead of waiting for 'good weather', people have just got on with it. As they say, there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. To be fair it does seem a lot drier over the last 12 months.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

The only positive for me has been I've completely stopped listening to RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I think Covid has made people realise that the weather in Ireland isn't that bad. Instead of waiting for 'good weather', people have just got on with it. As they say, there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. To be fair it does seem a lot drier over the last 12 months.

There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people.

Bill Bowerman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

A positive?

For most of the last year people havn't been allowed to meet anyone, let alone meet someone for sex. There is no such thing as Socially Distanced sex, so...

There can't be any intimate sex with strangers so there can't be any sexual diseases, so...

Does anyone know: Are all the STD clinics closed? STD doctors all out of work?

Perhaps the one good thing that Covid has done is theoreticaly eliminate all STD's from everywhere from the planet. Except perhaps in Australia where people have been free to roam around most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Nomis21 wrote: »
    A positive?

For most of the last year people havn't been allowed to meet anyone, let alone meet someone for sex. There is no such thing as Socially Distanced sex, so...

There can't be any intimate sex with strangers so there can't be any sexual diseases, so...

Does anyone know: Are all the STD clinics closed? STD doctors all out of work?

Perhaps the one good thing that Covid has done is theoreticaly eliminate all STD's from everywhere from the planet. Except perhaps in Australia where people have been free to roam around most of the time.

Lol dunno if you're serious
    But there's plenty of exceptions where people would have sex, house shares, student housing blocks are still in existence and students mingle within them. People also still have sex with their partners and spouses who may have had an STI from before the pandemic...and also I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who met up with strangers from dating apps or illicit house parties for dates and sex throughout the pandemic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Polar101

On a personal positive note, my hands have been really clean for over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

One positive aspect that is slowly coming to an end is my wife's ready comment of
    Lovely mass on the internet Father
    , whenever she feels the need.:D

Anything else to add to this list?

I think there is definitely some anxiety around returning to normal so there must be a lot of positives around a quieter life and being able to work from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lidl fresh bread is now in little bags .At least we dont have to pick a croissant and worry about dirty hands pawing them.I hope that is a feature that stays

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Hospital appointments now being at the time given , instead of having to wait for hours in a crowded wait room with everybody given an 8.30 or 1.30 start time .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭mojesius

I just lost 4lb in 4 days with covid. Stomach looking quite trim (despite the stomach pains from covid)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭mojesius

Nearly 2 years on from this and there have been huge positive changes to my life that never would have happened if covid had not happened:

1. My job is now fully remote. I never have to commute again if I don't want to but probably will now and again.

2. We are now a one car family

3. I get to spend lots of time with my two kids (also had a son in 2020)

4. Bought a lovely home in July 2020 in the countryside an hour from Dublin. We thought we'd have to wait until we retired to move out of Dublin but covid changed all that

5. When I had my son, I was secretly a bit thankful for all the restrictions and lockdowns as we didn't have an endless stream of visitors coming to see him, which can be tiring

6. Saved a fortune on holidays/meals/nights out (which went on house)

Yes there were negatives and yes there was sadness but that's not for this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

biggest one for me is that a lot more food is now wrapped up rather then left out for dirty feckers to maul at. those pick and mix sweets or baked stuff in lidl for example

• Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's one thing I love but the eco warriors will be out as soon as they can!

Advertisement