Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 6 Captaincy

• 22-09-2021 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

GW 6 Captaincy 109 votes

Ronaldo v AVL
    49%
    T-b0n3LemlinBinkacrushproofArmaniJeanssWisesmurfronan.heoghan104dsmythytrigger26dahatMiley Byrnebanteecallaway92jaybe1InvincibleAll in allJimdagymredarmyFather Hernandez 54 votes
    Salah v bre
    36%
    DempseyMr.Nice GuyRikandBenzinoEvil_ClownSideshow MarkSephiroth_dudescotchyFernandoTorresOwlsZatSteelyDanJalapenomamaxMikeCork2009Green&RedBuddy97mmTaytoCrispsmartineatworldsully123kneejerkrichieffff 40 votes
    Antonio v lee
    11%
    SkySterelefantDearg81MockbaitsnotmyfaultWalter WhiteThe MegaphoneMuahahahaJim GazeboElTelstudent7890PorthallianI see sheep 13 votes
    Other
    1%
    MacDangerdeadlineday 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Salah v bre

Hit return prematurely on the first poll.

Can't see beyond these three options. I'm going Salah, I don't think Brentford have been tested yet.

Villa moved to a five at the back to counteract Evertons crossing game, I think they'll stick with that for the weekend, although they are without Tuanzebe. United had there most crosses yet this season v West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Antonio v lee

Havent voted as Im still on the fence as whether to go Salah or Antonio. AFAIK Brentford play 5 at the back so this sounds like one of those games where they will pack the defense using a low block, the type of scenario Liverpool struggled to break down at times last season. Brentford have kept 4 clean sheets in 5 games so there must be something about them at the back. Salah can score against anyone of course but Im not expecting a goal fest in that fixture.

Antonio still a risky option but you know the Leeds game will be open flowing football. That combined with the Leeds defence being in a mess is attractive. Struijk is suspended, Cooper injured and Ayling was moved from right back to centre back and is now an injury doubt himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is there any risk that Salah will be rotated?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Currently on Bruno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ronaldo v AVL

Almost zilch, huge game for Liverpool against a tough team, Salah on fire lately, was rested midweek.

It's a really tough call this week. Brentford have surprisingly good defensive numbers, both real and underlying. I feel like I probably have to captain Ronaldo here, especially as I have only him from United and 3 Liverpool players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Ronaldo v AVL

Very tempted to triple Ronnie i need to make ground

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Don't have Ronaldo.. not convinced on Salah this week don't see Brentford giving up a bucket load of goals. I'm feeling Antonio but Benny is looking at me as a fun punt.. not the time for punts like though is it? Gonna be one of the hammers either way

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭sergioaguero

Ronaldo v AVL

have it on Ronaldo at the moment, but i hate the early kick offs and so do most players.

Might change it later to Salah as a 5.30 kO on sky, he could do serious damage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Salah v bre

Antonio v Leeds Reserves?

Could be tempted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Does H/A matter for captaincy this season again? West Ham being away to Leeds is putting me off captaining Antonio again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Antonio v lee

I'm thinking the same. West Ham impressed me on the counter attack against United and Leeds defence will be weak.

Salah v bre

I've switched to Antonio

Salah v bre

@Fitz* 59% of goals scored by the home team

Still leaves 41%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ronaldo v AVL

You've all season to make ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Antonio v lee

Most of the time I'd prefer a player at home but the Leeds defence were awful at home against Everton and Liverpool shipping 5 goals so I wouldn't let that stop me. I do think that teams have kinda figured out how to play Leeds now in their 2nd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Antonio v lee

Ive put it on Antonio, even though he is playing away Im thinking of the four goals WH scored away to Newcastle and feel they will be just as attacking against that diminished Leeds defence. It looks like it has the ingredients for a very open game with lots of chances. I have Salah and Ronnie too so if Antonio doesnt haul at least their returns will mitigate the choice somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Salah v bre

Voted Salah but think I'm going to go with Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Ronaldo v AVL

Ronaldo. Don’t own Antonio any more and will be watching him from behind the couch as Leeds are in bad shape

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭Xander10

Ronaldo v AVL

Went Ronaldo based on home advantage. Hope it's not an early morning blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Salah . Cos I have this weird thing about captain player on sat morning! Normally ronaldo at home I would

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Salah v bre

The 12.30 curse strikes again... I'll never learn !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Salah v bre

Would have changed captaincy to Ronaldo if I didnt miss the deadline, stuck on Salah. Happy so far with the mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I captained Ronaldo. Everyone else in my league captained Salah. Feck.

Advertisement