Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Job refferance check?

Options
  • 23-09-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I applied for position 2 weeks agoo had my interview Tuesday last, on Wednesday got second interview, after short phone call Tuesday where HR lady invided me to go to next round.

Done my interview few hours passed by and I received email from HR lady, she looked for 2 refferances. Thought I might be in luck. None of my refferances where contacted today? Is this normal, or can I forget about offer?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Some places don't contact references. They may just verify that they exist. So don't make any assumptions yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

The nerves are setting in as I'm upgrading position, career wise.

And that would clearly yield me on far better income I am on now.

References are dying out. Most US firms refuse to give a reference and will only confirm you worked there between 2 different dates. HR Lady might have rung up the HR department in the two previous places and asked them to confirm you did work there on the dates you provided them.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

Just update for this thread. In case anyone else ever is same situation HR rang and my refferances didn't pick up today. Eventually I gave my refferances phone nummber to call back.

Got hired today, streight after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

Most employers these days do not provide refs apart as said to confirm start and finish dates,position held,promotions recd.They do not contain any comments on an employee's performance or ability.It is possible to get a written reference from your immediate superior depending on your relationship with them over the course of employment-works for new employer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement