Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Think we get them on the 27th with all the other bonuses (ultimate edition early access) or on full release. Have to wait about 20hrs now for my trial to download… bloody internet infrastructure in Ireland killing me slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I believe the 4,600 points won't be given to us until 27th, when the Ultimate Edition goes live.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

grand so, that can be my OTW pile.

Screw it, I’m treating myself to 12000 points to get going. Quick selling all league, crests, balls. Anything over 81 that isn’t PL goes on the Tp. Duplicates too. Let’s go.

Not counting individual packs. Just noting highlights.

DiMaria out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im not bothering this time around, thoroughly enjoyed 21 (after not playing a football game for years) eventually even made it to Div3, but its far too much of a time suck and the web app is like crack, im better off out of it.

Enjoy folks!

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What do people do when they buy points? Buy packs? Gold packs?

• Advertisement

for me, yeah. Drafts are probably better value if you can win two games, but I don’t trust myself to do that.

PL highlights. Bailey (from Villa). Cavani again, lol. Bailly from United. Mata, low rated but United team going well. Jesus. Vardy. Allan. POGBA!

non PL. Angelino.Karmaric. Sule. Getting a good German league here. Ooh, Bale. A shadow card, sweet. Another. Trippier. Parejo. Reus. Paulista. Blind. Felix. Correa. Acerbi. Sabitzer. Zapata. Insigne. IF Horn.

so, team, without spending coinage. Two spots to fill.

cavani - Vardy

—Pogba— Allan - Bale

Alonso - Bailey - - Trippier

henderson

coming out of this a lot happier than I did last year actually. I’d say I’ll have 200k or more, AND a great starter team. I’d hope Cavani and Vardy do me for a while. Pogba will do me for aaaaages. Back line needs work. But can focus attention there. And can have a healthy starting balance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

How do you get the 200k? Selling up spare players and consumables? Sell now or after release?

Been a long time since I tried FUT, sorry for basic questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Web app supposed to open at 6pm but nothing yet

for me, as I’m opening packs, I quick sell any consumables I don’t think I’ll need immediately. So, manager cards, league cards, half the contracts, any stadium decorations unless special.

Any high rated cards, above 81, I’m not using goes to the trade pile, but not listed yet. I’ll list them this evening from the app. They might be worth more tomorrow. They’ll be worth less with full release since everyone will be buying packs then. But I will sell them ASAP tonight so I can start trading quicker. DiMaria was about 35k when I looked, a few of the others were at 10k.

run through SBCs with lower rated cards. Transfer list any I don’t use then.

the majority, I want rid of ASAP. There’s a few I’ll try trading with though, by listing about 50% above lowest asking price. I’ll happily sit on them for a bit and resist them every sixty minutes, fishing for lazy buyers.

also, I sold a few Shadow and Hunter cards I got too, since they are extinct. Quickly sell for 5k each.

• Advertisement

Lol, it’s looking like the old gen and next gen versions are on different timers. So you might be able to do ten hours on your PS4 and then an additional ten on your PS5…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Managed to get Gabriel Jesus and Rodri from the packs, nothing else of note.

Two games played. 6-2 and 7-3 wins.

was funny seeing people try to run from the kick off and just not being able to adjust that it’s not an exploit that’s working. Same with skills. They can’t help themselves, even as they get clobbered. They can’t change their “tactics”. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Is your FIFA account linked to your PSN name? I changed PSN name recently and I've just got access to the trial but I've no XP or welcome back packs. I thought it was linked to your email address. Anyway to rectify this does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Haaland in the first welcome back pack I opened! He's selling for about 100k atm which I thought would be higher. Going to hold for a few more days until more coins come onto the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Nothing of note from the welcome back packs… Maddison/Barnes the best of the bunch. Got majority PL players, so I guess I’ll go that route for a squad. Not sure if I want to do rivals or SB first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

When I login to the FIFA webapp it tells me it is not available to Trail Access users, that I must purchase a full copy.

Anyone else getting that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Sooooooooooo.....I did something I'm not proud of. Bought €27 worth of packs. Got nothing of note except for van Dijk. There's a wide spread of prices right now on PS5 of 200-600k for him, anyone who played last year able to hazard an educated guess at where his price might land in the next week or so?

Tempted to keep of course but I'd be weeks trying to build a decent PL team around him without the coin injection as I didn't pull anything decent apart from him.

Good shout. They are different games so that should work.

Preview packs are still there. Carrasco is in the pack I checked. The pack is 7.5 so I'd imagine theres a decent bit of profit to make if I can twig the coins in the next 24 hours.

I bought the Hong Kong UE for e80 so I can play Sunday from like 5pm so I'll get a few drinks and take Monday off.

I'd have liked the UT on disc but it apparently doesnt exist so HK and save some money with earlier access seems the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Whaaat? Played 5 games and nobody has scored more than 2 goals in any. Its utterly dire stuff. 1-0, 0-1, 1-0 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I have no welcome back packs so finding the start pretty hard.

Wanted to concentrate on rivals tonight since rewards are tomorrow but don't think there's much point with Maupay as my star striker.

Were the squad battles rewards always so bad ? 20k coins for elite 3 seems pretty crap since it's around the top 5%.

Think I'll spend the rest of the evening deciding what starter squad I'll go with, probably bundesliga.

I only had two and they didnt help form a team.

I have 10 PL players but no LW and no coins.

It's kind of hard to play now unless you invest real money.

I played a seasons game there.

The shielding is definitely better, it was so bad the last few years. You couldn't successfully play it to the striker and hold it up(mainly mean long passes).

I played with Chelsea and tried one to Lukaku and also tried just shielding in general and it's far better.

Crosses seem better too, I put one in that went back post and away from goal and however was there was able to power a header which was pushed onto the post. Was something that wouldn't have happened last year.

AI in defence seems better too but saying that it was atrocious last year. There was no excuse for it being that bad in 2021(I cant remember the AI being that bad 15 years ago).

It definitely feels way more different than 21 than I got the vibe watching two lads play on YT last week. Controls and movement seem very different.

First guy was 2-0 down after 9mins(quit in 20) so didnt get to test me defensively.

Wow this game is waaaaaaaay slower than 21. Feels like all the players are running in treacle. Struggling to get used to this.

Both games I played, they were playing deep defences, but Vardy just ran through the,, and Cavani banged in a few rockets. In the second game, he got two where they bounced off the keeper and went in too.

maybe it’s finally a game that plays to my strength 😂

Is it worth holding onto high rated players for now or should you look to sell as you get them?

Just had a gold 77 rated Bruno Peres sell for 12k 😳

Turns out it was a duplicate and the other sold again instantly.

I take it back, played a Seasons game and it's not slow. The match you have to play at the end of the opening segment felt totally different.

FUT is basically impossible without spending quite a bit of real money.

Well, not impossible, but completely unenjoyable for quite a while. I guess that's the point though, make it a total slog so you fork out cash.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I got Joe Gomez in my returning packs, I’ll hold onto him I guess and build around him.

I’m determined not to spend so much time on it this year, hopefully I’ll just be a casual…

• Advertisement

I've got a few games of UT in. I had 750 coins so bought a LM and chipped away.

I have to say, I'm more impressed than I expected to be.

In my last game. I scored a goal that wasnt possible before. I played a through ball to a team mate near his box, he was too far behind and in 2021 the CB would get it, but he somehow got ahead and got control, I just crossed into the six yard box and i controlled and lofted it over the goalie.

Last year the pass wouldn't have got to my player and the cross wouldn't have created a goal chance.

Theres certainly more unpredictability about it. You dont HAVE to cut in from the wings, And even those angles from 2021 that were gimmes are gone. I had one in the last game and half scuffed it and put it wide.

I felt I was being rewarded more for on ball defending. My players were intercepting and blocking passes more and when I positioned myself well and the ball passed my foot, i took control. I felt in 2021 you were penalised more for defending the ball with more misses etc.

Shots dont seem to hit players as much.

Goal kicks are a genuine contest. The way the players react and move means it's not a disadvantage to kick it long. In my first game my CB won it but put it towards my goal for a half chance.

Theres definitely less "what is that shite" all around(miscontrolling it over the end lines needlessly, pull back dribbles not being on point, passes just being awful etc).

Players are holding shape far better, it was really bad though so needed work. You dont feel completely exposed from one pass and similarly in attack they just move a bit smarter.

Advertisement