Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

I wouldn't say they're worried specifically, but they deffo know that it's going down to the line and EVERY SINGLE point will count at the end.

The team probably still Pissed off they were refused the extra revs at the start of the season. It seems to be really hurting them The last three rounds.So they're looking for every edge they can.

Rea Is getting a Lot of hate on social media. But I say don't hate the player, Hate the game.

Imagine if, at the end of the season, Rea won the title by less than four points. It will have been down to that one centimetre of green that toprak Went on in the Superpole race....

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Cracking race in the motogp fantastic battle for the win. delighted for bagnaia to get his first win. marc looking like his old self again

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Bagnaia... talk about cool heads under pressure. Amazing race craft.

Were the Moto2 and Moto3 races worth a watch? It's tough to find the time these days.

Great MotoGP race tho. Who doesn't love a battle to the end. Anyone see what Fabio's excuse was?

• Advertisement

3 is always worth a look, as usual expect the unexpected!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Moto 3 is always worth a watch. Races are a bit shorter aswell. 35 mins ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Muahahahaha....... LOVE IT!!

so many crashes in Q1 and 2. We could see some big names loose it early on and maybe some surprises. Pecco looking untouchable right now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Looks like Toprak has the measure of Rea so far. Even with the DNF he still leaves ahead of him. Only Jerez, Portimao and Argentina remaining. I can see JR losing out this year - Toprak and the R1 looks a better combination at the minute than Johnny and the ZX10.

• Advertisement

I have to agree with you. Looks like he really has his work cut out this year. It's almost like he's back on the Honda again. He has to override the thing to get decent results. The Kawasaki could be in the bottom 2 bikes on the grid now. The superior straight line speed the Yamaha and the Ducati have over it is crippling them.

He always goes well in Portimao but then again, Toprak is on such good form that it will be really close. Looking forward to the rest of the rounds.

Didn't they get a rev cut at the start of the year? Could that be overruled mid season or is that it until end of season?

There's only 3 rounds left so I doubt there'll be any changes before the end of the year.

They homologated a bike that they thought would give them an EXTRA 500 revs and did all of their pre season testing with the extra revs only to be told they weren't getting them. I do not know the reason why

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Anyone checking out Rea’s vlogs? I’m finding them interesting enough.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Just watched a few there. Very good and nice to get some background stuff.

Retiring from WSB.

Wonder where he will go next. He was unfortunate that he came up against Johnny on the Kwak, but to be the best, you have to beat the best.

The remaining of today’s racing in WSBK has been cancelled after a very serious accident involving Dean Berta Viñales in WSSP300 race. Fingers crossed for the kid but actions like this never sound good.

I hate to see those type of crashes when the rider ends up right on the racing line.

It's Maverick Vinales' racing team, run by his dad. Dean was Mavericks cousin. Awful news. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Only 15 years old the poor kid. What with Hugo Milan last moth too, aged only 14, I think it's time the FIM had a discussion about minimum age limits. 140mph is too fast for kids racing.

Looks like this is Toprak's year. Can't see Johnny overturning things now. All minor stuff though when compared to what happened to Vinales.

And that might be it over...

Unfortunately I have to agree. Great race. My heart was in my mouth when I saw Rea sliding that fast. I was waiting for the tyre wall to appear from the right which it didn't thank God.

Well TR only scored 4? points so it's not the end of the world but it's another opportunity JR had to close the gap and failed.

There's fewer races left too now. There's a glimmer of hope for him but TR just looking so fast and consistent JR is gonna need a bit of a miracle.

It's out of Johnny's control now. He realistically needs Toprak to have a couple nightmare races which are unlikely to happen.

Two unforced errors in a row from Johnny which is very rare, but the Kwak seems to need to be pushed harder than the other bikes to keep pace.

What a freak crash for Toprak. Don't think I've ever seen anything like that happen before.

• Advertisement

I liked the burnout on top of where Toprak brushed. Top shitehousery.

Advertisement