Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm getting flashbacks to that "Paige here" ad that they wouldn't stop showing at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Roman vs. Brock confirmed for the Saudi Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Blergh, those shows are always shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

If WWE cared about their regular shows as much as they do about their Saudi blood money shows the product might be semi-watchable!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For the title? Gives away Roman keeping the title so at Extreme Rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Title wasn't mentioned, so I presume it's a non title. Unless that gets changed after Extreme Rules next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gage vs Suzuki has been announced for October 22nd at a GCW event.

WWE & AEW are using the same arena a week apart for a live RAW & Dynamite

AEW outselling WWE.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Should Agent Coulson not have a verified representative AEW account by now 😜😜

The wrestling fourm here on Boards used to be one of the most chilled and relaxed and enjoyable forums to read on Boards, It now is becoming a toxic hate filled WWE fanboys giving shade to anyone who likes, posts or talks other promotions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Few things

1) no it wasn't, it used to be like the bridge trolls lived under. It's only the past few years that decent mods got it under control and it became in any way chilled.

2)not liking and praising everything AEW does doesn't make people "toxic hate filled WWE fanboys". I criticise it a healthy amount and I don't watch WWE. It's like anything some AEW is ok and some is crap to some people. It's why the cards have different types of performers and matches, to appeal to different people and tastes.

3) Certain posters are so enthusiastic about AEW and constantly try to put it over while taking shots at WWE it's quite easy to wonder if they have an agenda. There used be a problem on this forum with shills so it's not out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

It's not that deep.

People poked fun at me a while back for thinking MLW was the best wrestling promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thats a massive exaggeration.

This place is still sound. Its far from toxic.

AEW outselling WWE in NY, that's got to sting Vince and the E stans out there. Hook is more of a draw than Big E!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Not that I can claim to know how these things work but my impression was always that AEW tickets would sell out fairly quickly.

As a comparison I imagine that fans would be confident of picking up tickets for a normal WWE show closer to the date, and wouldn't feel the same panic to snap them up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KeegoLaughs

Tickets went on sale 10 days beforehand. Not many have the money to pay for 2 events so close together. People didnt know wwe was running the building until after aew tickets went on sale.

If it happened here it would be the same thing. If aew announce the uk tour after the wwe tour, they wont sell tickets as fast. Not a big deal, not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

none of this is in the least bit surprising from “locker room leader” undertaker, who really comes across as a piece of work in real life. More toxicity and appalling behaviour from behind the scenes at wwe

No surprise there really those locker room leaders were nothing more than bullies.

I want to the full story told of Joey Styles putting JBL in place by knocking him out when he had enough of the bullying.

Lilian Garica could tell some stories of bullying from HHH and lots others if she wanted to listening to others on how she was treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Terri saying it and now Renee, I wonder just how often people were told backstage "Don't sell it!" I'd say it happened a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

None of this is surprising or new news. All those stories are out there. Bullying, ribbing, treating women like ****, **** in peoples bags, intentionally injuring people etc. Always been that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I hear Chris Kanyon is being covered in the next Dark Side of the Ring episode. I'd say a lot of wrestlers are going to get the same treatment as Ric Flair after it comes out. He was treated very badly from what I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Naito injured and out of the G1, New Japan's stinking run of bad luck continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

how much are the aew tickets compared to the wwe tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Flair posted a statement on Twitter and hastily deleted it...

Every person that I've worked with, from my lawyer to my publicist to my wife has said not to post a response; but I've never run from past behaviors before and I'm not going to start now. I want to clarify a few things:

About four years ago, I gave ESPN full access to my life for a "30 for 30" special. They covered taxes, financial issues, adultery, divorces, the passing of my child and drinking/partying AT LENGTH.

Rory Kampf, desperate to matter for another 15 minutes, did an interview about it this morning. When Rory’s lips are moving, he's typically lying, but one part of what he said was the God's honest truth: "I'd never heard that he had forced someone to touch his genitals,” Karpf admitted. "Everything with Ric that was construed as negative I tried to address in the 30 for 30. His drinking, his philandering, his adultery, his money problems, there's quite a bit, but never, at least in the people that I spoke to, no one ever brought up that he would force himself on somebody."

I allowed my personal life and the lives of my wife and children to be turned upside down for one reason: Whether it's good or bad, even the really bad, the truth has to matter. Even in wrestling.

My issues have been well documented over my 40+ year career. The impact of drinking too much (which nearly killed me 5 years ago) has been told time and time and time again. The reason Rory (or anyone else for that matter) never heard stories of me forcing myself on ANYONE is simple: it never happened.

Dig up, stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

This may be the wrong call, but I believe Flair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Welcome to boards Mr. Dreamer

In all seriousness, the defense of everything he says is a lie, except the one good thing is an odd one.

You can believe Flair if you wish in regards to the specific incident of whether he forced a woman to touch his genitals or not.

However, what is not in denial by anyone on board that plane is the fact that Flair exposed himself and was "helicoptering" his penis while walking up and down the compact aisles of the plane, aisles which he knew were occupied by flight attendants that he did not personally know.

That, alone, is inexcusable behaviour and something that he should have been punished for.

• Advertisement

Even standing naked in front of the lady and blocking her way so she cannot move away from him is sexual intimidation and being drunk is no excuse for that.

Flair having no issues pulling his penis out in public places and never seeing any repercussions at the time gave him more freedom to keep doing to those who didn't what to see it or be near it.

Advertisement