Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday 18th September

• 17-09-2021 9:28pm

Having a look at tomorrow's racing, and an early pick comes in the -:

5.45 Catterick

Quite a few (about half the field imo) in this, that as often (or more often) as not, like to either lead or race prominently. If it's a fast run affair 2moro, it will at least give a chance to those being held up imo, due to lack of congestion, and the field thinning out etc..

With that in mind, I've gone for BIBBIDIBOBBIDIBOO @ 12/1. This mare likes top of the ground, and is a course winner over a furlong shorter. That was way back in May 2018, and was the first of her 2 wins; with the 2nd coming at Musselburgh a month later over seven.

A long time between drinks for this one, who has mainly been campaigned over 7 furlongs as of late. She has, unfortunately, a recent tendency to break late however. Perhaps that was the reason why she was tried over 6 lto, where she also broke late. A couple of reasons to back her, I feel, is that she weren't beaten far over C & D a couple of runs back, and the hood is being applied for the first time. This will hopefully see Ann Duffield's horse break on terms in this Class 6 Handicap, with 4 places likely available. 12s is fair, as she looks more of a 9/10-1 shot to oblige in the finale at the North Yorkshire venue.

Comments

SILVER CUP 2.30 AYR

May back him yet to win, but atm the fav Blackrod @ 9/2 doesn't make a helluva lot of appeal. Sure, he's only 3, has won his last 2, and is looking the most likely to win being very progressive, but the worry is that he's not quite battle-hardened enough. I'd want to be getting 6s or bigger on this one to back him.

Don't expect to get the winner, but might get a place or two in this, I hope, and there are reasons why all of the below can give a good account. 6 places available, and that's the amount I've gone for - all at 20s or bigger.

Typhoon Ten 25/1 Boyles

Tinto 25/1 PP

Staxton 25/1 PP

Strike Red 25/1 PP

Golden Apollo 28/1 PP

Mid Winster 20/1 PP/Boyle

3.40 Ayr Gold Cup

A hard race by the looks of things, the feature, and in one o' the biggest punting races of the year, I've gone for three ew for the interest. Was tempted to do Great Ambassador as well, but he's drawn in the one box, so might find himself all alone and without cover.

EW picks are

Sunday Sovereign 22/1 Boyles

Motagally 28/1 Boyles . This one looks a very big price, so gets the NAP

Bielsa 10/1 Boyles

5.05 Newbury TALL ORDER ew 11/2 PP/Boyles NB

Doesn't appear to have any question marks, and won over the 1m 4f distance lto at Haydock. Has the excellent in-form Buick on top, and looks about a 10/3 shot to me.

3.15 Newmarket Cesarewitch Trial

Gone for 2 ew in this, which is over a marathon flat trip of 2m 2f. Another tricky race where some haven't raced over this far (at least not on the flat) . A couple of Irish raiders, including the Charles Byrne' 3/1 2nd fav Turnpike Trip go to post. Difficult to get a handle on how it's going to pan out, owing to the distance, mainly, but I've gone for a couple of fairly priced ones, who look as though they're at least able to see the trip out, and should act on the softish ground (good to soft- good in places atm), so a bit of rain would be no harm. Could pick 3 in this and not get as much as a place, so will be hopeful, but not disappointed, if neither make the frame.

Hochfeld 9/1 PP/Boyle

Yagood 20/1 PP/Boyle

All 6 of the afternoon meets are all on the one channel today ☹️ Expect plenty of 'clashes' - there was one there just now - even at this early stage - with the Newmarket 1.30 and the 1.35 Gowran being ran simultaneously. RTV should either get another station, or give the Irish meets back to Sky.. Not fair on the viewers missing out.. There's always going to be clashes, regardless of how many or few meets are on in a day, but it's been greatly exacerbated by RTV showing about twice the amount as Sky Sports Racing...

• Advertisement

^^^

Now it's a clash between the 1.40 Newbury and 1.45 Navan ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

2.25 Catterick, my little tip, around 8/11. Can't see this horse winning here. Lay bet and very confident.

2.50 Newbury, Al Aasy, around 8/11. Again, I can't see this horse winning here. Second fav should win but just the lay on Al Aasy for me.

2.55 Navan, Chemical energy, around 8/15. Very very short. I think it'll get turned over. Lay bet here on the fav on a day the short price favs might suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Advertisement