Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭CoBo55

woodzie wrote: »
    My 31 days cancellation period ends tomorrow and I haven’t heard anything from them with offers.

Give them a ring, they'll offer you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭damemcd

Any joy there Woodzie? in a similar spot myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭toonarmy1

answered a call from them today
    was offered signature for 21.50 a month 5euro off and 40% i think
    Sports at 40% off and cant remember what sport extra was
    said id consider over weekend and ring again monday but had to say a few times, he was pretty keen to sign me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

Rang today and for sky signature with ultimate add on and hd they offered it for €43. I’m paying €38 at the min so told them to leave it. It cuts off tonight so looks like I’m getting rid of it permanently.

They didn’t even want to try it seemed to do a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Gone a while now keep messaging and calling at least once a month offering Sky Signature and Box Sets for 21.60 a month

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Stewball

Anyone getting a deal on multiroom?

I was paying half price for it (9.50) which is expiring soon and they usually extend it when I call them, but today they weren't having any of it, so I had to go through with the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Barrett1234

Cancelled everything, Tv and broadband a few days ago. What’s the best way to get the best deal from sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Cancel & a few days before they cut you off they usually call with an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭toonarmy1

Any one get any good offers on tv lately ? would it be worth holding out for Black Friday at this for new customer ? gone more than 12 months at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

They offered me 44 for TV, Netflix and HD but that would increase after 6 months. Apparently you need the HD for Netflix? So I said no anyways, and put in my cancellation notice. They never contacted me at all so that was that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Masala

sports and movies Gone since Feb 21. Not a single offer since.

no worries anyway.... have moved on and kids have given me access to their Netflix and Prime accounts. Saving €60++ a month and still seeing seeing what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,635 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe not the right place but I've a question on Sky Q multiroom.

Do the mini boxes need to be hooked up to the dish and can you have more than one mini box for the €19 fee per month?

I've an offer in my app for €12 per month so thinking of signing up if I can get two more rooms for that €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Now that you have cancelled you won't be considered a "new" customer for 12 months. Sign up in the husbands, wifes, boyfriends or girlfriends name for new customer offers... Not all four though as that could result in a very messy fight

You do not need the HD for Netflix, you can sign up for Netflix separately and view it on your sky q box

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Barrett1234

In the end, I called them 2 weeks into cancellation and ended up signing for 12 months. Tv, Sports, sports extre, Netflix, HD and broadband for 120 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Masala

HELP..... anyone got an email for where /who to contact for my Sky Q Box is crocked (got Blinking Blue Q light and a solid RED light on other side)

No matter what I do (unplug about 1000 times) .... it wont come up. Every so often I het a HELLO on teh tv but thats as far as it goes.

I reckon my box is fried.... so need to contact for an Engineer for a NEW box.

Much Appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭jelutong

Got an offer of €30 pm for Sky Sport & Sky Sports Extra on a 30 day rolling contract. Valid for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

When they say they will converse over whatsapp, just say no and you will get connected to "real" person.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

No, the mini boxes don't need to be connected directly to the dish. They are connected to the main box (which is connected directly to the dish), via wi-fi or ethernet.

Yes, you can have more than 1 mini box for the monthly fee, depending on what you have as your main box. More info at https://www.sky.com/help/articles/watching-on-multiple-devices-at-the-same-time#need-a-hand

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Word for warning for those thinking of moving to Sky for TV.

There is a severe shortage of trained personal to install Sky at the moment and they have let down a lot of people in the last 3 weeks, myself included.

I was due to get Sky Q installed last week, time slot 12-5pm and at 4.45pm, I got a call to say they had nobody available to install it due to illness and no other trained personal were available and would be rescheduled for following Saturday instead.

Wasn't happy as had cancelled my previous TV supplier so had no TV but nothing I could do.

Saturday came and went, no install, no text, no phone call, nothing and had waited in all day 😞, wasn't happy.

When I contacted them, I was told it would be another 3 1/2 weeks before they could install it but managed to get it done 4 days after that by contacting them via social media and threatening to cancel my new subscription.

So got it installed 8 days after it was supposed to be done but was lucky according to the Sky CS agent I was talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Back paying full price after getting a good deal for a year. Rang yesterday and nothing offered going forward. Will try again next week.

• Advertisement

Sorted, Did the hugely annoying text process and got my full package down to €105.

What have you got for the 105? The text system is terribly slow I just chose to wait to talk to someone it's never too long of a wait.

Sky Sports - Complete Pack €40.00

Sky Sports Subscription Discounted for 6 months (from 23/09/21 to 23/03/22)

-€15.00

Sky HD

€8.00

Sports Extra Subscription Discounted for 6 months (from 23/09/21 to 23/03/22)

-€3.00

Multiscreen

€19.00

Ultra HD

€4.00

Ongoing Ultra HD Discounted

-€4.00

Sky Signature

€41.00

In-Contract discount for 12 months (from 23/09/21 to 23/09/22)

-€5.00

Sports Extra

€34.00

Sports Extra Subscription Discounted for 12 months (from 23/09/21 to 23/09/22)

-€9.00

Sports Extra Subscription Discounted for 6 months (from 23/09/21 to 23/03/22)

-€10.00

Sky Kids

€8.00

Sky Kids Subscription Discounted for 6 months (from 23/09/21 to 23/03/22)

-€4.00

Sky Cinema

€9.00

Sky Cinema Subscription Discounted for 6 months (from 23/09/21 to 23/03/22)

-€4.00

Total recurring monthly charges

€109.00

A nice few discounts there. I'm getting sig, movies, HD, multiroom and kids for €63 for 6 months they're due to end in December he told me to ring in November to try and retain some of the offers. They rang me offering a free upgrade to Q but I would have lost my half price multiroom, I'll see what's available in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I got basic tv for 40% off on initial call. Paying same overall as was coming off offer. Bb up and tv down. thankfully I get bb paid for some I’m better off. Tv €21/22. I can use someone’s sports account so don’t need that. Say you’ve Netflix and prime and you just watch the basic channels which if needs be I’d use the players. Done and dusted in 10 minutes from dialling to hanging up

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭duefrine

Has anyone got a link to the cancellation form ? Can't find it anywhere ...

Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

I think you have to give them a call (well that what I did with mine). I just canceled mine but they asked not to remove my debit deets cause there might still be other charges. I wonder what those other charges are. LOL

I'm presuming if there's an overlap into a new month etc you'll need to pay for those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭robwen

• Advertisement

It’s through the MySky app they text you and you have a conversation that way. I had tried on phone with no success to get a discount.

Advertisement