Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S40 anti skid service required timing belt?

Options
  • 17-09-2021 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Partner was driving our 06 s40 1.6 petrol then the anti skid service required came up on the screen, engine cut out instantly. Car would crank but wouldn't start.

AA came out to her and said the cams arent moving when she attempts to crank so said timing belt snapped.

Belt was changed 9 months ago at 56k miles, car has 63k miles now.

Car was towed to mechanic who changed belt, he would be able to look at it till Monday.

Anyway does it sound like timing belt or something else? Coincidence with the anti skid service required light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Coincidence with the anti skid service required, that wouldn't have anything to do with the timing belt I would think.

I have an anti skid service light on my 07 S60 for the past few weeks (thread below with likely causes). In my case I can reset the light but it reappears when I do a hard left turn (usually when parking given the poor turning circle on the S60 in particular) so that indicates a segment of the steering angle sensor has gone bad.

(https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058206584/volvo-specific-fault-reader-anti-skid-service#latest)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Mechanic finally got back to me.

He said crank shaft pulley broke.

Could this have been something he should of picked up on when doing timing belt?

Can't find much about crank shaft pulleys just breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭mk7r

They would commonly separate, they are made from a steel and rubber sandwich. It would not be normal to change while doing timing belt

Advertisement