Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engine light only after full service

Options
  • 15-08-2021 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Looking for quick advice. Diesel went in for major service. All well with car, no alerts etc. Head rocker gasket and bleeder pipe needed swapping, that's again ok these things happen and why the full service is always good. However within 12-24hrs of car being given back to me P0135 o2 sensor heater circuit error is coming up on car.

I rarely believe in coincidence and would think this is something that's happened due to the work that was done? What's the likelihood of that? Car is Ford Focus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could be something not properly re-connected after the service, contact garage to see what they advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

That's what I was thinking myself!

Hopefully so I just dont want to be mugged and get told its another couple of hundred and the garage just having been careless.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes I've seen similar where air hoses or sensors were not plugged back in properly when big jobs done, simple error to fix. The engine management light will sometimes take a few journeys to come on even if problem has been there since they worked on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

@Atlantic Dawn cheers mate, thought that but just wanted to be sure.

Rang garage and said most likely nothing to do with their work, although I highly doubt that. Without a car now till they can fit me in later in the week. Very frustrating.

Post edited by Rattlehead_ie on

I can tell the horror story how bad is some garage. There was engine mount replacement, easy job. First mechanic crack the alu oil pan, easy fix. The next shift damaged on the same car the oil cooler, not bad... Simple half hour job turns to multi hundreds of euro mistake. That is why car manufacturers made the service manuals. There is all info how to lift the engine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement