Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ted Lasso [Apple]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I wouldn't say I like the Nate storyline because I like the character and don't want him to be a dick but I think it does make sense when someone goes from being lowly kitman that everyone rags on to assistant coach, that's not an easy transition. How do you get people to take you seriously.

I thought the Ted stuff was great, at the end of the last episode we saw him at his weakest whereas he's now at time to build up his walls again.

Roy and Keeley, love. Like FortuneChip I'm glad they didn't make it into a needless drama but I would have expected them to, not after Ted's one night stand last season was dealt with so maturely too.

Finally a shout-out Higgins and his pipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The sad thing re Nate is his self-confidence is so through the floor that he can't even recognise that the lads do take him seriously, and the gentle joshing him about the Wunderkind/Wonder Kid thing is them showing their respect for him, but after years of being the butt of the joke he can't recognise that people are laughing with him, not at him.

My heart broke for him when his dad dismissed him at the start of the episode, but felt bad for Colin and Will - seriously thought with the former it would have seriously affected him given his therapy.

Doc is getting her money's worth with this team anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Strong episode this week for me, it was longer but packed in a lot of good stuff, loved the little Jamie Tart and Higgins scene, plus the haircut one. Roy continues to be a joy!

Sam and Rebecca have serious chemistry...just saying!

I have a bad feeling Nate might use the confessions against Ted and Higgins.

Post edited by gmisk on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Keeley floored me with her question to Rebecca. Absolutely out of nowhere.

Yeah decent episode. Beard and Roy, what a double act!

I didn't realise how much I needed that moment between Roy and Jamie until it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Very good episode. The Rebecca Sam storyline has been handled well. Interested in where the Nate storyline is going. A very realistic depiction of how football is with big versus small clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Sam and Rebecca played out better than I expected. Not least because of the laugh Sam let's out when he cops who he's meeting.

Lots of good stuff elsewhere between Ted & Sharon, Jamie and Roy/Higgins, Beard/Roy & Nate.

Strong episode for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭archfi

Enjoyed that.

Roy and the teacher about swearing

Jamie and the pig-of-a-da, Jamie/Roy hug though that went on too long :)

The haircut scene was very, very funny

The small football scenes/results are thankfully, realistic. 5-nil is about right.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

This is a good article, like everything in this show they've taken the time and laid the groundwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,830 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jason Sudeikis closed a new deal on season 3 that will see him earn around $1 million an episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Watched the first season of this - utter utter sh1te ... I can imagine the only people who are giving it such good reviews are Americans or people that don't like football.

An NFL coach managing an English football club is laughable, the main guy is a complete idiot - bumbling moron.

The only saving grace are the 2'endery characters, like Nate - he is quite funny.

But that f*cking idiot Ted , jesus how is this crap popular ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Yeh I think they are setting Nate up to be the baddy alright. Rebecca will be under pressure to sack him (a manager having a panic attack and walking off pitch during game !!!).

This is such a great show, love how they are handling Ted and Dr Sharon dynamic. Wasn’t sure what to make her character at the start but it’s really paying off now. Little hints at her own demons (empty bottles in home) really is a nice nuance to challange her public image or “mask” of somebody who is totally together and in control of sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Wait a second. I like football and I like Ted lasso. This doesn’t compute with what you are saying….. What’s going on??!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was like that at the start. Even after watching the first season, I was conflicted because I know I shouldn't like it because it does a lot of things I hate in other shows.

The football is irrelevant. The concept is ridiculous. Issues are resolved far too easily and happily. Some characters are caricatures.

But for some reason, this just works for me. Sometimes it is just nice watching characters being happy. Sometimes it's fun to watch caricatures. And every now and then, there are just some brilliant lines and writing.

I fully acknowledge it's a show I shouldn't like. Yet I can't help but like it. It's effortlessly charming and even the most annoying characters just grow on you after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭Sparko

Well this week's episode was.. different.

From what I've read, Apple ordered 2 extra episodes but the season had already been mapped out so they wrote and inserted two kind of standalone episodes, seemingly the Christmas one and now this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Absolutely loved this episode, yes it didn't nothing for the story and was a bit mad, however it was a good bit of TV with some really funny moments and I had a big smile across my face when it finished

• Registered Users Posts: 84,830 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks to be heading for big Emmy wins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Delighted Brett Goldstein (Roy Kent) won supporting actor in a comedy series at the Emmys!

So well deserved and his acceptance speech was brilliant!

Also delighted for Jason Sudekis (Ted Lasso) for winning Lead Actor in a comedy series and Hannah Waddingham (Rebecca Welton) for winning supporting actress in a comedy series at the Emmys!

Icing on the cake winning Outstanding Comedy Series which was richly deserved!

Post edited by ConcertKing on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I was thinking that maybe they were going all arty and maybe have it modelled on Ulysses or something like that.

• Advertisement

The whole episode I kept flipping between "Beard is having another mushroom trip" and "Beard just attempted suicide and this all some sort of life flashing before his eyes" sort of thing.

Loved the lads getting the happy ending on their night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,240 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Really enjoyed that episode. Had a woody Allen feel about it. The lads (supporters)reminded me so much of my mates after a few drinks on a night out..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fcuking fcuk Yeah Roy Kent wins an Emmy, Fcuk.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Felt much more like Scorcese's criminally underrated After Hours to me. Loved the episode, Coach Beard is a brilliant character so it was great to see him get a lot more screen time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Loved that Coach beard wore the pants to the emmys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I didn't realize Brett Goldstein is also one of the writers of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Very enjoyable interview!!

• Advertisement

Advertisement