Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

99 Utd CR7 has genuinely been one of the worst strikers I’ve used this year. Relegated down to div 3 from div 1 with a frontline of PIM Pele, CR7, Messi/R9. Ive got 25 games, 10 goals and 4 assists. Messi equally as bad, so dropping both to the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

That 85+ x10 SBC must be the greatest SBC in the history of FIFA! Has basically enable me to complete CR7, Messi and now on the verge of finishing Cryuff which a few weeks ago I’d never thought I’d do more than one of those.

The 82+ player picks have also been kind - got Bruno TOTY last night, so was delighted and then he popped up again in an 85+ pack. Those packs were also giving out TOTY cards which i hadn’t seen up until now - got Kimmich, Neur and VVD as well as Bruno.

Shame it’s end game but a lot of fun doing these SBCs to finish things off

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah ill be going back to atal, renato, verratti and acuna, prime maradona, 99 CR7 & Messi and prime R9 arent making me any better thats for sure, nor is PIM Gullit, vieira i might keep at cb

I finally tried out CR7 after finishing him last week. He got 5 goals and 9 assists in 8 Rivals games but honestly he felt a bit underwhelming compared to when I got his TOTs last year and it was like instant impact. Don’t even think he was as impressive as when I first started using Summer Stars Lukaku or Futties Dybala.

Firmino on the other hand has been amazing - 11 goals in 8 games, moved him to CAM - replaced Dybala and keeping Futties Messi on the bench for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is the problem with CR7/Messi etc. not due to every team you're playing now having the best possible defence and midfield?

Feel like the game mechanics slightly rely on attackers having more pace than defenders, and now that everyone has 99 pace it doesn't work too well.

• Advertisement

Yup, I replaced PIM Gullit with Acuna again. Almost finished doing Vieira so will try him at DM over Kante and see how it works.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At this point, chemistry really isn't that big a deal. The 99 rated cards are basically all perfect anyway, even at 3 chem.

Had 13 swaps tokens to cash in - decided to put 12 into the 95+ Icon Moments pack.......came out with 95 Yashin - already have his 94 card ....FFS!!

PIM Vieira into my midfield was the move… a million miles better than Kante, his physical presence especially. Him, Acuna and Renato and I’ve got control back in my midfield. PIM Pele banging them in now too… R9 has 5 goals in 10 and CR7 still a bit iffy, but happy enough.

i did matthaus was the sbc was was only 7 squads, he is very good,

i have a spare icons team, Yashin, Roberto C, Cannavaro, Desailly, Zambrotta, Gullit, Matthaus, Viera, R9, Maradona, Dalglish (bench with baggio, Henry, Cantona and Nesta) its not bad actually!

only ones in my main team atm are Yashin and Vieira.

• Advertisement

Finished Cryuff last night and also got a duplicate but tradeable TOTs Messi from a Rare Players pack

Got PTG Firmino for the second time from the 82+ player pick - where the heck is that 99 Neymar, lol.

Did the Moments player pick SBC - got Kaka - better than pulling Yashin from my swaps the other day. Think I’ll do a couple more of these before everything comes out of packs tomorrow and that will be that for FIFA 21

i have done maybe 12 of the icon picks and not one is what you would call a decent icon bar Yashin i guess.

he is over 1m on the market now.

that said just got sterling and vini in a 85x10 :D

How do you find Yashin then? I had his 94 before switching to TOTs Ederson. Now I got his 95 from swaps so might as well give him a whirl in these final days

seems fine i guess, i was using oblak prior and liked him too, none of then keepers blow me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

NOOOO...after being underwhelmed with Vieira I decided to plough into Gullit and only 6 of the lower squads away from completing him.

But Cryuff, Ronaldinho, Vieira were incredible disappointments... I've even dropped both CR7 and Messi back to the bench.

I do have a great icon team though.. since I don't plan to get fifa22 and the young fella is getting his own xbox for xmas we plan to play each other's squads so the icon teams will mix it up a bit.

he's awful. Van Der Sar and Schmeichel are miles better than him. After a few days just to make sure I was being fair on him I immediately threw him into the 85+x10 SBC

Ah, ya might as well get him for completions sake. I got him from the PIM 93+ pick but he was too stiff for my midfield. Acuna works a lot better. Might do Dinho/Cruyff next just for the sake of it and to continue my addiction to 85+ packs.

why is he over 1m on the market, i dont get it

• Advertisement

I’m kinda glad really.

I’ve been hammering it at least 20 times a day but I’m pretty sure I’ll get a good run tomorrow as well :)

There seems to be a price increase for some cards. CR7’s summer and Toty card have gone from 350 to around 700k.

Presume they come out of packs tmrw?

Is everything out of packs tomorrow and just left with the normal common and rare cards? I need to open all my remaining packs tonight

FYI for anyone playing 22, EA play is reduced to a euro for 1 month so you can play the 10hr early access and if you haven’t bought 22, you can get a 10% discount on the ultimate edition which includes the 4600 points + OTW player on release day.

edit: early access also has a limited time friendly mode that gives pack rewards, an objective that gives an 80-84 PP + 10 game loan TOTW + a whole other host of things, which actually makes the early access somewhat decent value.

Got some decent pulls from the 85+ x10, 92+ player picks, 82+ picks and the PIM player picks to finish things off this past week including TOTs Rashford and Goretzka, Summer Stars Vinicius Jnr, Eder Militao, Marcos Llorente, Wynaldum, Sterling and Richarlison.

Got Kaka and Roberto Carlos from the two icon player picks I did - not the worse.

Also got duplicate 99 Firmino, 98 Messi, 98 Lukaku and 98 Kane along the way which were all fired back in to SBCs of one description or another

Still got 2 85+ x10 and a jumbo rare players pack to open before 6 then all done. Shame it’s end of game and no real time to use all these players.

Anyone interested in a friendly tournament/matches to round things off? PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Did about 45 of the pim pp over the last 2 weeks, best pulls we’re r10 who I already had untradeable and then vieira was only other big one. Got pele and gullit sbc’s done though which was unexpected and cool, I already had R9 and zidane so no real areas for improvement, woulda like Maldini.

anyway, despite not hitting anyone massive, I am happy to have got the best midfield of all time first owners, giggs, scholes, keane and Beckham.

I know they don’t meet the fifa Meta but last year I found from when fifa ended to December as the most relaxed time for anyone hanging around and I’ll def be using my united team and creating Barca teams, ac Milan’s teams etc from my icon picks for the craic

looking forward to just playing fifa 21 now for the craic rather than “having” to play X amount of games for fomo.

no intention of getting fifa 22 but I will do the 20 hour trial and if I were to get an mbappe like osmosis last year they’d probably reel me in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Final results post.

2019 -> 858 - 58 - 895

2020 -> 1045-124-1012

2021 -> 819 - 51 - 687

Way better win/loss ratio in 2021 compared to previous years. Red Ronaldo carried that a lot I’d say, with 811 goals and 365 assists over 732 games. Easily the best and most important player I’ve ever had. Second most important player was TOTM Bruno, with 888 games, 260 goals and 282 assists.

The increased focus on friendlies accounts for the lower games played count. Think it says my friendly record is 479-465.

God, I’ll miss that Ronaldo. Utter hero for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I must dig out my stats. I played a lot more games last year due to covid and I barely played 19.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Fifa 20

2522-425-1893

2413927 coins

Fifa 21

3096-164-983

5351864 coins

Advertisement