Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They should allow customer pick ups once any duties has been paid , being packages from Europe come through on problem ,have a UK from the UK sitting in Dublin 12 even though the dutie is paid three weeks now ,

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭manna452121

If people use their local Post office they should ask for the correct paperwork,C22 or C23 form, for what they are sending.If customs do not know whats in the letter/package they will stop it and then if it has a return address be sent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It's even effecting standard, simple Amazon shipments that used to go through without a problem.

Ordered on 08 August - Prime - shipped only on Friday 13 August (bad form of Amazon too)

AnPost on 15 August We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Then loads of "we have your delivery" and "your deliver has sorted" over the 15 and 16 August with nothing else until 20 August which again is loads of "we have your delivery" and "your deliver has sorted".

It's becoming a joke; I have stopped using Amazon as even with Prime it takes days to be shipped and then that a parcel may make it not even to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm finding everyone bad atm. An Post and other couriers. I'm getting nothing in a reasonable time frame other than Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭VG31

Just received a small package worth €7 from Switzerland today. It was delivered as normal with no charges.

Edit: The envelope had an IOSS number with paid beside it on the label.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Off topic but what % VAT was due on the contact lenses ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: I've split off the posts regarding imports being returned to its own thread here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058200515/an-post-returning-packages-from-outside-the-eu/p2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,351 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I paid €14.38 for a months supply and an post were looking for another €3.30 plus their own fee of €3.50 on top of that again...for the craic. You'd think they'd actually post them out after shafting me so hard.

It's a joke at this stage. The cost of living has gone up so much lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Johnstaf

According to the USPS website, the package referred to in the above post is now in San Diego. What a mess. I hope the sender will try again, as the item I bought isn't available from any other seller in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

I ordered 2 cds from a US company three weeks ago August 7th 2021. The last update was processed through a Dublin Delivery Centre on Tuesday August 17th. A friend said customs is slow at the moment. Give it at least a week. I was busy the last few days so took my eye off it. The originally tracking number still says the same thing but there is also a tracking number beginning with letters LV and it states August 26th in the Jamica NY International Distribution Centre. I know this is beside JFK airport. Yesterday, August 27th it's moving within the USPS network and it is on track to be delivered to its final destination. So it's gone back the States. or as other posts have stated it never left it. Confusing! I

I presume An Post just deliver it like normal post. It should fit in the my apartments mail box. I presume if it's oversized a card would be left if I'm not in. My phone number was on the order, as was my email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jordo1993

I had ordered a t-shirt from the USA at the start if August, bought from this guy more then twice in the past with no issue. This last package came to Ireland where I assumed it would be handed to an post....but no, it went to new york from Dublin and then they processed to try deliver my mail for galway ireland to some flats in Huntington Beach califiornia on Friday....how the he'll is that even possible when it's bound for ireland, some very stupid people in this world

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

I just got an update. My package sent via Chicago to Dublin two weeks ago is now at Elm Grove Post Office. I presume it will be delivered there. Totally confused. I did contact the sender who has agreed to refund or re-send. I'll give it one more day. How is this happening?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clothes hanger

Do items from other European countries go through customs does anyone know?

From the EU they don't need to clear customs, but they can open an dissect any package on arrival. Anything from aa non-EU country needs to be cleared through customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clothes hanger

Thank you so would the status 'assessed by customs' mean package is opened for inspection? I've never had that tracking status on by An Post before

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jordo1993

It went back to America, delivered in Huntingdon Beach California for final delivery by agent whatever the hell that means it was sent a month ago tomorrow, seller is located in Vegas and has said he's received nothing. I've bought items from this guy before with no issue. Over a month, for a t-shirt what the actual f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Had a package with value of €17.50 (mymemory.ie) shipped from Switzerland. Got an email advising c.€7.50 in charges. Vendor refunded all charges without question. Delivery time, in total, was no longer than before July 1st

That said, I've have a small package that's now been "sorted" four six times in two weeks with two of those being today. Unlikely to have the correct declaration on it TBH but previous identical package was delivered having been sorted three times and came with a yellow warning label re insufficient declaration. Third package had its first sorting yesterday so we'll see how that goes......🙄

Post edited by fdevine on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭harr

How long are people waiting for deliveries once it gets to Dublin ? Have an item posted from U.K. and it’s in Dublin last two weeks . All tax and fees are paid through the seller so nothing to be paid .

It’s only a small item but important I have it before middle of September as it’s needed for a project I am doing . Here’s me thinking I ordered it in plenty of time .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

I'm into week three now - first sorted 20th August - sixth sorting 2nd September & nothing since. Brexit/COVID/EU/Customs all being cited as causes

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I don't know if I'm just being impatient or should I worry... Ordered a birthday present from France and it left the country on Thursday 2nd. No tracking information since. It was sent as registered international letter (requiring signature) which in hindsight might have been a bad idea and probably should have asked the seller to look into courier firms but I thought it would be fine as it has before. I don't know whether the letter will go straight to Dublin or travel via UK. Technically it's not delayed yet as the seller said it might take 3 to 7 work days to arrive but all these posts here about delays, parcels being sent back etc. make me worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Why would it travel via the UK? All mail goes via air.

Even if it went ground and travelled through the UK, it would make no difference

With a continued reduced air capacity, post can still have a couple of days delay. When it says "it has left france", it only means it has been scanned into dispatch, sort of like you going through security at an airport after checking in, but you still await the boarding and take-off.

Your next scan will be when it is sorted in dublin mail centre

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Well that's what I thought as well, why would it travel via the UK, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

I know, probably should just wait patiently but you know how it is when you're expecting something.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Can’t get through to an post at all on the phone, their ‘chat bot’ is useless and web form not answered. I paid customs on a package over a week ago, but it hasn’t moved from ‘sorted’ status. Is it safe to assume that if they charged me 50€ customs they are happy with the documents etc and will eventually get around to delivering it? Their quotes in the press blaming everyone else for delays don’t seem to apply in this case? The sorted status itself only came up about a week after the item arrived in Ireland. It was a 48hr expected delivery from UK!

is there anything at all to try except wait and check tracking vainly every few hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Hi all,

I'm waiting on three different packages. There was no updates at all on the tracking since they were in Dublin. Assuming nothing was coming, I wasn't home Friday morning and came back to a missed delivery notice. No tracking number on the notice or anything so I've no clue what I missed. Also no updates on the tracker until yesterday. Yesterday and today I've got a "Your delivery is in Cork City D.S.U" update for all my packages. No missed delivery update or anything. I'm assuming those updates mean they are holding your package after missed delivery? Haven't been able to get through to them. I arranged redelivery through their website, do they even pay attention to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Have received two customs payment requests from An Post this week for items already delivered...

Anyone else had this? Feel like I should just ignore it given I have the post.

It has been paid out on your behalf, why wouldn't you pay it? The more that happens the more likely that charges are increased to cover non-payers.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

My item arrived this morning, about 13 days since it hit Ireland, terrible service, but lucky based on others experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Apologies, if this has been mentioned before....

I have a package coming from the US via USPS. The last tracking entry is...

September 5, 2021, 8:29 am

Departed

DUBLIN, IRELAND

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on September 5, 2021 at 8:29 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

There is no mention of the tracking number with An Post. There will be VAT etc. to be paid.

My question is, is this kind of delay (11 days now) usual at the moment?

Advertisement