Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stargirl WB DC [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Rick I think he was good with all that stuff last season, deciphering the journal but likely just never applied himself at school until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.5: These spooky bits at the start are so well done! Eclipso seems

so powerful. It's like Cindy doesn't really need to form up another group at all. Although.. maybe there's some easy weakness to be revealed yet. As it stands, it almost feels like they will need to team up with the shade for the fight.

Cool to see Cameron

and his family in general with the ice powers. Feels like he could turn Hero or Villian at this stage.

Not sure about Mike.

He wants so much to be in the JSA.. to turn to the ISA would be wierd. Maybe under Eclipsos influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought the season was pretty slow (and almost boring) up to this point, but I think things are ramping up now.

The battle in the cardboard cafeteria was excellent. 😂

That meant for the What If thread?

As for Stargirl, I wonder if the lack of STRIPE usage is to save money. Maybe the move from DCU online tp CW is coming into effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope? It was for Stargirl. Why?

• Advertisement

Was replying to a comment that has now been deleted, which I didn't think was possible though maybe a mod did it.

2.6: Well.. that sure escalated!

and got .. murderey. Looked like Isaac definitely got killed. Not sure about Cindy.. like she might have been dragged off to some kind of prison.

Shade looked busted up but I reckon he's off somewhere he has in reserve to heal up.

Definitely think they are going to

need to bring the green lantern back to help in the fight. They might even need some kind of Magician.. could be a character intro time.. or maybe the Shade will do.

For budget, I think

the biggest drop was Eclipso costume/prosthetics (is prosthetics the right word?). They felt off for the show.

Yeah maybe the whole show is cutting back.. preferably not and maybe they are saving up for a big season finale.

Depend on how wisely they use what they got though. Story and angle could make it all work either way.

Sounds like they're leaning to have 2 Robots they'll need to spend money to computer generate special effects for.

2.7: I'll say one thing

little boy Eclipso is waaaay creepier than prosthetics Eclipso!

I'm guessing that maybe Brainwave did do something to Yolanda but maybe something small but that Eclipso has come along and amplified it.

The show is handling this well though

It's giving the time to go through the Trauma and be open about it

It also seems to be getting the idea across to Courtney and I assume family and later team about communications and trust and all that. Feels like maybe it could strengthen team formation down the road.

2.8: Well that sure got creepy!

That dead girl and Rick trying to figure stuff out but hurting his brother! That was harsh!

Looks like

Eclipso is all about splitting the team up. He's taken out Yolanda and Rick but I'm thinking Beth might have just figured him out.

Looks like maybe he's low on power himself and that he feeds on fear and doubt. When Beth held her own, he didn't seem to have anything to use against her.

Could be a turnaround moment. Also maybe Grundy might.. become part of the team or something.. not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Casting news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Sparko

I've spent the last few weeks catching up with this show, it's been in my backlog for a while but I'm up to date now.

Pleasantly surprised so far, it really hooked me after about 5 or 6 episodes as being a bit darker and grittier than the Arrowverse shows.

The townsfolk seem to be fairly oblivious to everything though, has no-one seen Courtney flying in and out of her front facing bedroom window at any stage 😂

Also curious about the school principal who was murdered at the end of season 1, didn't that happen in Courtney's house? Was it ever mentioned how that was explained away? I recall a line recently about it being a hunting accident but presumably someone had to move the body out of the house to avoid any awkward questions for the family about why the local principal's body was there.

The funny thing is she has a habit of going all power rangers with her normal clothes. The way they always wore clothes in their Power Rangers colours, Courtney seems to wear stars. Or maybe I'm imagining it

I've definitely noticed her Superhero-ing it up in most scenes she's in like that. Might be a thing the Directors are trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,271 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is that the first Arrowverse crossover for the this show? in this weeks episode.

Well this Jay Garrick is not the same one that has shown up in The Flash so I dunno if I'd call it one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

kinda dark, as dark as these kind of shows can go

Great to see John Wesley Shipp playing The Flash again! Liked that he

voted no

2.9: Awe no! No no no.. They can't

kill the host, this kid is so young.. no

Show honestly had me believing that

Icicle had somehow survived and how some turning conversation with Cameron .. season really leaning into the consequences of lies/holding back information

Jeez Mike..

He's going through a lot in his head!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

One thing I learned from the last ep. Is that starman was a bit of a dick towards stripsey!

2.10: Well..

I'm not sure about this shadow realm.. I'm not up to date with _ALL_ other DC shows at the moment. Titans went to a Black and White shadowey place and were able to return from it.. so I'm not sure if this is the same or different or part of a gigantic crossover being setup.

So, that leaves

Just Stripsey, an untrained Green Lantern, Beth and maybe Mike and Rick, plus a maybe maybe Yolanda, Thunderbolt, The Shadow to take on Eclipso.. I dunno.. all very in the air and subject to change

So, back to my last post.. I'm guessing the kid isn't the Eclipso host then.. just an illusion.. it's confusing.

There was a scene where Pat passed a newspaper to Court (do we say Court now?) and I paused it.. and all the non relevant news articles looked to be StarGirl Headline with Copy/Paste of a European Union/European Central Bank news story underneath 😂

See below

In Stargirl, it's called the Shadowlands, I think. The world in Titan's I'd say was some sort of Purgatory. I can't see them ever doing crossover with Titans and Stargirl. Did anybody else catch the Doctor at the school mentions Bones, could it be Mr Bones and a tease for Stargirl's version of the DEO who have captured Jennie's brother (Obsidian) who also has connection to the Shadowlands? Regarding the kid, he's not a host since the last time Eclipso was released the diamond was intact, he just possessed somebody. When the diamond was shattered, he was set free. It's probably the form of a previous host he is taking. (it could also be an excuse to not show Eclipso actor all the time, I'd imagine it takes a bit of work to put on all that makeup)

• Advertisement

DC Fandom sneek peek at the last 3 episodes of season 2.

Heavy on the Spoiler for the latest episode.

Ah fair enough about

the kid.. you know.. they mighta been better just using the kid for most of the show and saving up a bunch of money to do a more special effectey version of Eclipso. It felt like they've always struggled with budget but managed to keep it consistent until Eclipso.

2.11: That! was a pretty decent episode.. in a kinda artistic get-ya-thinking way.

I'm not even sure what kind of sacrifice the shadow made.. doesn't it have to be a hero for a noble sacrifice? does this make the shadow kinda heroic? .. He gave his life to save but had also caused harm.. it's a bit confusing. There's gotta be a word/phrase for his sacrifice.. maybe noble.. i dunno.

Then a bit of empathy towards Cindy and her background..

Finally.. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Kid Eclipso is waaaayyy creepier than prosthetics Eclipso. I'm half guessing they only have the prosthetics version so that can be the one that gets wiped out later in the show

2.12: Well then!

The hell did Pat do to Ricks uncle! 😦

On the plus side.. it looks like Mike made a friend.. and Mike is starting to remind me of Stripsey

Looks like there's gonna be a big gathering and showdown coming in..

The Season Finale Next Week!

Good finale and set up for next season

Regarding the tease for next season.

I called it on Mr Bones having something mto do with Obsidian and was that Keith David voicing him?

Season Two down! A solid season actually. This show is bedding down nicely and producing a consistent feel and level of story delivery.

The only pull down feeling like it was budget related .. which doesn't sound like they did too bad at all then

a proper grown up Eclipso might have broken the bank and on balance I think they made the better decisions with their money

2.13: WHAT THE

F--- (as the subtitles put in for Stargirls words) IS THAT GUY?!!? 😱😧😦

Well anyway.. apart from that ending, that was a pretty decent finale! For most of the second half I was a bit feels but mostly laughing! 🙂

Wasn't expecting the feels for Grundy but the show writers played those cards really well.

Biggest lol was Sportsmaster, Tigress and Kid all turning up as Neighbours and then Stargirls reaction! 😁 They did a great kinda fist-bump.. expect with baseball bats at the end of the big fight earlier.

Guessing Cameron is gonna be taking on some of Icicles mantle now

Starman turning up was cool too. I thought it might distract from the episode as a whole but he fit right in.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhh, that explains it..

Well his name at least.. which a little explains his face 😱

Have to give character of the Season to the Kid

version of Eclipso.. that kid creepiness was ON POINT!

And Beths Parents...

There's definitely different ways of interpretting what happened at the end there.. depending on the age of the viewer 😁😂

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just finished this season. It was enjoyable, although it did feel to me like they packed a lot of things into the finale that might have been better laid out in some episodes.

This show reminds me somewhat of Buffy, although on Buffy the personal lives of the characters were messier and more intertwined, such as the Xander and Willow storyline, and Cordelia and Oz coming into the equation. I think Stargirl could do with more of that in future.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

For anybody interested, Season 2 is on Prime Video

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

There are two versions of both seasons available on Prime - one is DC’s Stargirl and the other just Stargirl.

Neither version shows the details of whether it is HD or 4K.

Anyone know which is which?

• Advertisement

3.1: Solid ending on that episode. I wasn't sure where the episode was going until then. Everything seemed to be going.. like.. not bad?

Episode felt like it had a lot of heart.

If I was guessing..

the grunt at the end before the sounded like it could be Grundy.. but hardly as a mastermind using cameras for surveillance.

so maybe is there someone controlling Grundy.. plus cameras.. hardly bringing in Amanda Waller into the show.. I dunno.. I assume it must just be that I don't know the DC Universe well enough

Advertisement