Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Morning Show [Apple]

Comments

I gave up after the fifth episode. I found the characters and the interactions didn't really make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Started this last week, zero expectations, slow start but got better as it went and ended with a bang. Really really enjoyed it. It feels like a 1 off but i just read season 2 plans to air November this year. Well definitely keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

omigod heard this was ok, so tried it, lasted they had reese witherspoon speechifying, ugh turned it off

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Finished series ....it is cracking gets better and better as it goes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Shelga

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/the-morning-show-season-2-release-date-apple-tv-plus-jennifer-anniston/

Anyone else looking forward to season 2 of this? Maybe I've just run out of stuff in lockdown but I'm finding the rewatchability factor of this show quite high :pac:

Sadly it seems season 2 may not be until 2022 due to covid. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Shelga wrote: »
    https://www.small-screen.co.uk/the-morning-show-season-2-release-date-apple-tv-plus-jennifer-anniston/

Anyone else looking forward to season 2 of this? Maybe I've just run out of stuff in lockdown but I'm finding the rewatchability factor of this show quite high :pac:

Sadly it seems season 2 may not be until 2022 due to covid. :(

It is the best thing about Apple TV+. Unfortunately for Apple, it is also virtually the only thing about Apple TV+ (though Mythic Quest has to get an honourable mention), so if it is delayed that long they may not have any subscribers* left to watch it.

*By which I mean people on twelve month free trials with Apple device purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭thesultan

Shelga wrote: »
    The finale was incredible, one of the best episodes of TV I've seen this year.

Agree for the most part with the reviews that say the first few episodes are a bit cheesy and predictable, then it steps it up a notch. I did enjoy it from the beginning though! :)

Thought the ending was great. Will there be a second series?

thesultan wrote: »
    Thought the ending was great. Will there be a second series?
    Yep second series on the way, filming at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Binged this in the last week and absolutely loved it.

I am wary of a second season though, it felt like a one off with a closed story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Finally decided to take a look at the first episode.

I found it pretty good at the human level, and in the mechanics of broadcasting, though in reality the latter's fairly minimum, with next to no buttons pressed or actual dials adjusted. There is some stuff about 'this is what America wants', etc, that's part social commentary, part 'Hey, we're the news!' Didn't find it too showy or obsessively self-regarding there which was welcome. That said, with Apple still find its feet here, I doubt it'll take any big swings. It is fairly predictable, but I don't put that as a complaint and near the end we have just what Hollywood loves, a confrontation in the rain. Nor did it seem to have much pilot-itis going on and found it well paced. Anniston does most of the heavy lifting in the opener, though it's pretty clever in that when Witherspoon and her finally have an in studio tête-à-tête, it's the latter who manages to shift the microscope.
    I wasn't expecting much so it's mildly entertaining. I find the #metoo stuff to be quite interesting. I haven't seen any other program to try and tackle it. It feels a bit repetitive with letting the loose cannon (Witherspoon) to go on live TV just to go off script again. I find it hard to believe that morning TV is this important or holds this much power, or else I'm oblivious to it. I can't help but think of Piers Morgan and Richard and Judy.

Frankly, I don't this get either. I can only assume these shows have some sort of historic watercooler effect or are in the background in the kitchen whilst half the US population are shooing their kids out the door to school.

Found this very watchable, and glad to see such a hot-potato issue was dealt with such aplomb, in such an entertaining way.
    Aniston better than expected, and Witherspoon doing a great job playing second fiddle, yet injecting so much talent under the surface.
    Apprehensive about seeing how what looked like a self-contained series will do in a second outing; I'd prefer to see fresh controversies, but it'll probably just follow up on the fallout of season 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,265 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 starts September 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Season 2 starts September 17th.

Interesting, does feel like they may be creating more drama for the sake of it but I'm definitely curious. I'm not sure what they'll do with the Mitch character part of me feels they should just drop him.

Epic!

The first season was top notch got better and better as it went along

Can't wait but it's a shame only one episode a week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Really enjoyed the first episode… billy crudup is so so good

why are they playing it like Laura wouldn't already know that Alex didn't want to be stuck on the morning show?

Why is Alex apologising to Cory?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just watched the episode where Hannah sleeping with Mitch is shown from Hannah's side, not like Mitch mentioning earlier that she slept with him to improve her career. Thought it was an excellent episode.

Really enjoying the show, getting better and better as it goes on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I loved the 1st season of TMS.

I found the first few episodes from the 2nd season slow, almost like the screenwriters were forced to throw words together to have something to show.

Then it took off again from episode 5 and I'm enjoying it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I really like the show - I keep wanting to shout at Jennifer Aniston to tell her stop freaking out all the time :)

I expected Carrell’s character to be portrayed as nasty remorseless villain and am very surrounded that they put more thought into him than that.

The main reason I am posting though is ask why the Irish lad is a part the main cast? I assumed from the way he behaved when he first meets Alex was that they were hinting that the two would have a relationship that would get her into trouble but the lad just faded away and disappeared.

one of the behind the scenes segments mention that the season got rewritten to incorporate the Covid outbreak - I wonder if the jettisoned his part in the season to make more room for the pandemic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Season 2 is quite possibly one of the worst seasons of television I’ve ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

The fallout from season 1 moved into the global background happenings, which was a fairly natural move at this stage, in retrospect, but overall the second season wasn't particularly innovative or interesting. The last episode was cack. Really terrible.

Tig Notaro Joins

The comedian will portray Amanda Robinson, the chief of staff to corporate chief Paul Marks (played by Jon Hamm)

Variety

Stephen Fry has joined the cast for season 3 for a major recurring role.

Always great to see Stephen pop up on US shows.

Kinda OT but Naomi Watts and Billy Crudup have got married

• Advertisement

The Morning Show Season 3 will premiere globally on Wednesday, 13th September. The first two episodes with new episodes streaming every Wednesday through 8th November on Apple TV+

Advertisement