Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Steinharts always sell, good watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

They really are. It's funny, and I feel stupid even expressing the sentiment but, I haven't quite "bonded" with mine yet (same as above but 42mm), as in I don't love it, or find myself admiring it as much as other watches, it leaves me a bit cold. But it's noticeably more accurate than my other 3 (cheaper) automatics and it's clearly very well screwed together. A quality product.

Watch box is looking lonely… will have to downsize

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Hi guys, looking for advice on where abouts in Galway to get a few watches appraised or valued?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,468 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hartman's in Galway would be the 1st name that springs to mind.

If you post some photos here though, I'm fairly certain that the wisdom of the crowd here could give a very near approximation and let you have a little bit of knowledge before you find a valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

hi folks

want to move on two save the ocean prospex seikos. a STO samurai (SRPC93K1) and a STO turtle (SRPC91J1)

the Turtle is in excellent condition, with some light wear marks on the strap clasp, the samurai is similarly clean. boxes and papers with both

looking for 450 for the samurai, 375 for the turtle and a deal to be done for both

Need to liquidate some cash for another project, so letting go of my Kermit. I was going to give this a long hold but something has cropped up. I never really wear this one and my hulk occupies my green watch lust.

This is a 2007 Kermit, Full collectors set (that makes quite a price difference on these) in minty unmolested condition. Recently pressure tested with watchfix.

Will pop it on adverts but prefer a boards sale. These really are a beautiful. Will certainly be the cheapest full set one going. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

def the best version of sub you can get, vintage yet modern, a short production run. One of the Undervalued Rolex sports if there is such a thing.

closes eyes and repeats quietly *I do not like Rolex*

This is the one I'm looking to see if it's real, my gut is fake as there is no bubble around the date, nothing on the back either. FYI belonged to my late father so just looking for info if that's ok mods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

The sea dweller range actually wouldn’t have a bubble on the date.

But sadly fake in either case.

Perfect, was assuming so however do you mind me asking how you know it's fake as there is nothing on the back? Apologies as a complete novice when it comes to watches!

Rolex dont make a white dial version of this watch, lump pip popped out, date window misaligned, front printing looks wrong, indices are too thick

Rolex have never made that watch with a white dial configuration. On a closer look there be a million inconsistencies with print/lump plots etc.

Post edited by 893bet on

Thanks guys, much appreciated for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 64,768 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Best if you just take a lump hammer to it. Plenty of better and real things to remember your late father by. Sorry if I'm being blunt or insensitive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,768 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Here's the real one, picture taken just now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alohamora

Tried to PM you there but seems like your profile is private.

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Does anyone have a Seiko SKX007/9 or SRPD going cheap? It's to do some mods on, so I don't care about cosmetic condition, bracelet vs strap etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

I imagine if I have to ask then I cant afford it. It says your profile is private. Pop me a PM when you can, James

Hi folks, have a few watches I'm looking to sell, just wondering what best place is to advertise or approach and a guide on price,

First watch is longines l4.720.2

Second watch is a

VERSACE Apollo Rose Gold Quartz Gents Watch VFI06-0013

Lastly the third watch is theorema Gm 101-8

Any help or guidance appreciated

The longines about 500-600 euro if your lucky.

The Versache maybe 3-400 euro but its a fairly niche watch

theorema maybe 4-600 euro - thats a challenging watch.

You can try adverts, but expect to wait on a buyer. Ebay another good option.

Thanks Fitz, would watchfinder be any good or will that just get lowball offers?

You can try, but I would be surprised if they made an offer, not the usual type of watch they buy. Limited resale market and all that.

yeah its interesting... on our belfast trip friend had a breitling with him and he was asking about trade and all places said they wouldnt take as trade but would try and sell for him.. just seems to be rolex, tudor, omega thats interesting to retailers and even at that id say rolex more so than the others

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That's pretty much the market now. Outside that range there's little enough movement and lots of stock sitting there. As you noted even a once very desireable brand like Breitling are seen as off piste.

Fitz nailed the prices, though being honest I think he was being kind too. Take the Longines; in sold listings on ebay they run between 250-300, so that's about the height of what a dealer is going to give you and Longines are a recognised brand and that range of watches was a good seller for them. I say was as dress watches are deeply unfashionable at the moment. The other two are going to be an even harder sell, though I suspect the Versace might get the fashion name folks interested. See what they actually sell for on ebay. IMHO that's a very good judge, not dealer prices. It's how I judge the values of my watches. Real value = what can I actually get for one in a week.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Just wondering how would they sell it for him? I was wearing the Pogue in that (horsey) place on the M7 and this was suggested. Naturally I declined at the time.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement