Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain gameweek 5

• 15-09-2021 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Its a choice between 3 if you ask me Ronaldo Lukaku Salah ?

Captain gameweek 5 98 votes

Salah home to C Palace
    70%
    DempseymaddsThe wonderfishcullenswoodMr.Nice GuyLemlincrushproofArmaniJeanssBenzinowhitelightridereoghan104neil.p.bmailrewopDearg81plhealy2000khebEvil_ClownSephiroth_dudebanteecallaway92 69 votes
    Ronaldo away to West ham
    18%
    remoteboyWisesmurfdsmythytrigger26Ace2007scotchyAll in allJimdagymmacraignilFowler87markc91ScummyMangreedygoblinNN215Gwynplainegandalfionormanoffsidethefallingman 18 votes
    Lukaku away to Spurs
    3%
    InvinciblekilElTel 3 votes
    Other
    8%
    XterminatorF1ngersGreen&RedGoldFour4dr.kenneth noisewaterNoviGlitzkohowareyakidsergioaguero 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Other

man city have a decent fixture, home to a winless Southampton who sold ings. IMO they are an easier fixture that any of the 3 you suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Salah home to C Palace

So who from city will u be captaining

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Salah home to C Palace

Southampton being an easier fixture for city than palace for Liverpool is debatable what isn't debatable is that there is no obvious captain choice for them yet this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Salah home to C Palace

Has to be Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Ronaldo away to West ham

Torres has to have a big shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Salah home to C Palace

Don't have Torres, but if he was rested tonight it'd be a tempter... but he's still kind of unproven, unknown, and City's points get spread around. Salah you know what you're getting. But it could be a high risk high reward as he seems to have that explosivity in him, his goals seem to come in 2s and 3s

I also think TAA should be in the poll, given his recent performances and his ability to score points in a multitude of ways.

Salah seems the obvious choice, though Palace seem to have started very well. They have a very very low XGa. That said, home advantage is seemingly having an impact again this year, and Salah looks really sharp at the minute. I have to go with the premium with the home fixture despite other temptations. Anything else is a differential which might come off this week, but over the course of the season usually leave you worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Salah home to C Palace

TAA (C), Salah (VC) right now.

The former is getting into great positions for attacking points and Liverpool should keep a CS.

I'd fancy him to outscore Salah this week, just not sure it's worth the risk this early in the season as Salah will most likely be the most captained this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

Salah home to C Palace

Palace a bit of a bogey team. won't be shocked if no cs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Ronaldo away to West ham

I’ve gone Ronaldo. West Ham will concede. And he’s the most likely scorer on the team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Other

Seriously, why is it a public poll?

Most people will lie about their choice to throw off the opposition.

Others won't vote just to not tip their hand.

Poll will be skewed.

Wilson for me. 😉

• Advertisement

Salah home to C Palace

Zouma will come in, probably a back 3 and should tighten things. However, playing Thursdays could impact, their squad isn't the biggest for rotating tired players.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There's a strong TC shout this weekend IMO. Trent.

5 returns in 4 games this season, has got bonus points in 3 games also. Involved in a goal against tonight in the CL.

Liverpool scoring a few goals too so assist possibility is high but he's shooting more now too now that he's getting into more central positions. A shot on target nearly every game this season. The Norwich game was the only game he didn't have a shot on target, with 2 off target.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Salah home to C Palace

Bogey team? Liverpool have beaten them 8 times in a row in the Prem. 5 of them being clean sheets including the last 3.

can’t seem Liverpool not winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah home to C Palace

After watching him bombing forward last night he's firmly on the radar for the armband.....not quite sure if I have the cojones to upgrade to TC though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He's my captain. It's just a matter of whether he gets the TC or not. He's in output form, at home to a team that they should be putting a few goals past without conceding. I know I could probably hold the chip for a DGW but that chip doesn't always work out as expected with a player rested for one of the games etc.

With Mane rested last night and Jota coming off on 60 mins, those 2 will be starting Saturday. Salah nearly always starts but the Palace game last year throws that small bit of doubt into my mind! Maybe it's just confirmation bias that I want another reason to TC TAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Salah home to C Palace

Trent was playing really far forward against Milan. He’s as much a winger as a defender in some games the way klopp sets them up. Plus he’s on set pieces. Not a bad shout although TC seems a bit of a stretch to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Salah home to C Palace

Debating whether to Triple Captain Salah this week. Surely Palace will allow him a few goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Ronaldo away to West ham

Ronnie for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Salah home to C Palace

A lot of talk about triples - this is one I'll always leave for a DGW. I know it doesn't always work out brilliantly and SGWs offer up some tempting fixtures, but the two fixtures really do give you a better chance of returns. And then you think back to the famous Sanchez DGW a few years ago where he was the most obvious choice and returned 75pts - you're not going to get that on a SGW. Plus I don't think I'd be able to take the nerves watching a single match where I have the TC in play!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Salah home to C Palace

Salah all day long. Home to an inferior team compared to WH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This Season it’s 2 v 2 when it comes to Trent & Salah.

However over the last 10/11 games last season when Liverpool fortunes turned I believe Trent outscored him 7-4.

I know it’s all about the double digit hauls when captaining and I believe they are similar.

Trent Is becoming a serious option now. Palace have one of the best (& same as Liverpool) defensive expected goals conceded this year and So lend a question mark over whether will Liverpool put a few past.

I’d expect a very cagey low scoring game here & so might go with Trent

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Other

Brought Jesus in for Antonio and considering giving him the armband. Say he’s fairly certain to start as much as you never know with Pep. Between him and Salah anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sergioaguero

Other

would love to got for Torres but dont think he will start so prob go with Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭crushproof

Salah home to C Palace

Likewise would love Torres but don't want to gamble with Pep roulette. Mo it is

Salah home to C Palace

I was very close to giving Jesus the armband. But missed deadline. Probably better on a safer option

Advertisement