Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I found you all hiding here 😳😳

can’t escape from me 😂😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, it's yourself! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Welcome back AS. I wouldn't ask your thoughts on the new Boards!!

My thoughts are

what the hell happened 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Funny thing is it's already better than it was... first few days were shocking.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

If I could find my way around (My Forums!) and if there was a dark mode I'd be a lot happier!

Dark mode is a must have.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

@Loughc - have you got your stats powers back yet??

I'm nearly afraid to ask and I think we all know what way things have gone :(

yeah I'd say there's a big black hole right around the middle of July that we may struggle to extract ourselves from. I know we were well ahead for the year up to that point but between the downtime & clear drop off in posts since the site returned that could be eaten up quickly. Though you never know, as the kids go back to school & peoples heads start turning towards christmas the pick up in here may gather a decent pace yet (fingers crossed anyway)

• Advertisement

Exactly, lets hope this is just a speed bump and we are back motoring soon when the Christmas season kicks in, in earnest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Guess who's back.... back again.....

ooh... so has the new site started playing ball stats wise!?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's not 100% but it's probably 80% there. So we'll take it for now. It means the figures reported will be slightly under-stated.

So picking up where we left off with July baring it mind we might be missing some posts.

According to the new stats we ended up 16 posts behind last year. Which is amazing as we lost 8 full days of posting due to the platform changeover.

We are 5,107 posts ahead of last year for the full year up to July.

Our year total up to the end of July has surpassed all years from 2007-2018 individually.

Our first day back to boards in July resulted in 70 posts that day, good going considering most of us didn't even know how to post on here.

August is to follow.

Wow, wow, wow. August was a mammoth month.

I'm super proud of August as I think we all noticed the increase in number of posts in August. August ended up 213 posts ahead of last year. YTD we are now 5,320 posts ahead of last year.

I'm so proud of this as this was all organic, no mid-month stats update to steer us, no forum games to play, just good old fashioned people wanting to chat Christmas. Including the first 3 days of September and we have broken the 10k posts mark for the year.

Whats the target for the year now? Be amazing if we topped all previous years given the changeover fiasco.

I actually think this forum has recovered better than most on boards who all appear to still be slower than they were pre changeover. Thats all down to the great bunch of folk we have in here & the vibe of the place IMO.

Including up to mid-month September we have 4.7k posts to get to to match last years total. We started some of our games/competitions last year in September so it's going to be hard press to come close to have we posted for Sept-Dec.

We are currently 1.4k behind last year's September with half the month gone. We are guaranteed 2nd busiest year no matter what happens really. Which given the year and the state of the new site is amazing.

Completely agree about this forum is the only one that bounced back while others are struggling and that is purely down to the sound people posting here. It's definitely more like a chat amongst friends no matter how often you post here or how new you are.

Will I just keep talking about Christmas shoes then and bring the post count up 👍😄😄

• Advertisement

Oh, you are just really begging to be banned from here. 😂

Even I have a limit to what I will do for posts!! 😂

😂😂😂

where’s your Christmas spirit 😂😂

On that note, the Elves in the house have Rudolph slippers that I am very jealous of. I keep meaning to look for an adult pair. Maybe this year is the year.

I want a moose head pair of slippers. The kids saw them last year & told me to get them to match the couple of moose christmas decorations we have & was raging I didn't pick them up in the end. If I see them this year, bam!!! in the bag & take my money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Looking forward to Septembers stats, the board seems to be lighting up.

• Advertisement

Aye it’s been a strong September to date. This place has found its rhythm again after the platform changeover.

Advertisement