Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pizza ovens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thank you both

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

If the Lidl one was the Tower one, (like this one: https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/tower-1000w-stand-mixer-chrome/1600530156.prd) I bought that exact one in Lidl ages ago at €80. Its worked perfect for me so far, made 80+ pizzas using it i'd guess. I wouldn't go too heavy on it though, most I ever put in was 1k of flour at 63% hydration and it struggled a small bit. Since then i've always kept it to under 800g flour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yesterday's happy accident was dropping a large clove of elephant garlic while putting them into storage, and bruising it. so we sliced it quite thinly and used it as a topping on pizza and it was quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Finally gave the Koda 12 a whirl this evening. My first attempt was a disaster and ended up binning the pizza before it got into the oven as it wouldn’t slide off. I then put a load of semolina under the next pizza and it blackened most of the pizza stone and burned the bottom of the pizza 🙈

Anyone have some tips for cleaning the stone? Water and a scrubbing brush isn’t going to cut it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just burn it off and maybe get a wire brush. Your plate will never be white again. Makes no difference to the taste. 😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Thunderbolt don't put water near it. You risk cracking it. You just gotta face it that it will never be the original colour again. As Gloomtastic says burn it off and brush the ash. Just be careful if you buy a wire brush that it's a good one that won't shed wires on the stone and risk someone eating one.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Put the stone back in today and kept the oven on for a while. The heat cleaned it up nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

We use a Kitchenaid which seems to new close to industrial-grade and it can handle Pizza dough although you can hear it working hard at times. We wouldn't make it if we had to do it by hand but the Kitchenaid has taken everything we've thrown at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

We have a Panasonic bread maker and we use the dough cycle. It can handle 600g of flour so about 1kg of dough.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tropics001

+1. we have a kitchenaid and really the only thing i use it for is dough. the mrs likes it for cakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

Does anyone have any experience with the Ferrari G3 oven? It’s coming into the autumn\winter and I’d like to have an option to cook nice pizzas inside just wondering are they worth it before I buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Hi

the 1000w has now been reduded from €80 to €60

was about to buy last last week and glad waited

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They are huge in Germany and are a great alternative to a bulkier option. I think this thread was started with the ferrari before the others existed. It is a kitchen counter option that produces a lovely Pizza. They often go on sale on amazon Germany an Italy for €89. That is the main pizza oven for parties in every German house party I've been at that offers Pizza and snacks from their house

😄

- about 3 houses of 7, but technically I've been at those three houses at about 5 parties each, the others not so much. But I have to say the Pizzas from it were great. It made me look at the bigger ones and back at it again. Video here in German - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoSRxKs-p9c

This baking result can compete with a professional oven. Crunchy pizza like a pizza maker! But not only that!

Not "only" as a pizza oven to use - freshen ideal for "Express" jaws and pizzas, cakes, quiche, wedges, fries, bread, meat, toast, rolls, chestnuts, cookies, cakes, desserts, pastries and much more

baking with refractory Food-safe natural stone (from Italy), 31.6 cm diameter, this absorbs moisture from the dough - the dough does not burn - the heat is stored in the stone and transfers it evenly to the dough, creating the crispy base - just like from the stone oven

Frozen pizza with a baking time of 3 minutes

Homemade pizza with a baking time of approx. 5 minutes

The temperature is raised to up to 400 ° C in just a few minutes

No odor / smoke development

Much more energy-efficient than conventional ovens

With thermostat, timer and signal lamp, when the desired dish is ready, including pizza turner and Italian recipe collection

1200 watts of power

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thinking of giving New York style a go on my next batch of dough. Has anyone done this on the Ooni and has pointers for timings and temperatures? Im reading some recipes that say 270c for 6 minutes but Im not sure if that is written for people using conventional kitchen ovens, it sounds like it could be

edit- just looked at the Ooni site and they say 370c for about 3 minutes when doing New York style. If anyone knows where the gas dial should be on a clockface to get it to that temperature people post it up

Yeah they are decent for an indoor pizza oven. If you go back to the beginning of the thread you'll see reviews of them. I had one for a few years and it worked very well, produced much better pizza than the regular oven because they go up to almost 400c. iirc it was a bargain at around 50 euro but they've gone up a bit in price now, I think they are around 100-120 last time I looked. Id recommend them anyway as I had good results from it. Only thing Id say is get your launching own peel to go with it as the paddle things provided with it are very fiddly. I use them as dough scrapers and cutters now but they were tricky to launch a pizza with

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Apologies, I know this has been asked 1000 times before but I haven't the patience to trawl back through the thread.

I've just received my Ooni gas burner for my Karu. It's the Irish fitting on it.

Is it Patio Gas I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

I see Ooni has increased prices of their 12'' gas Koda to €349.00. It was €279 this time last year. Not sure about prices for other versions but would assume they've gone up too. Anyone who has used both, is the Ooni worth 3 times the price of a Ferrari G3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Pipmae

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

I bought the G3 ferrari earlier this year and it's great. Paid about €170 for it and it's easily up there as one of my favourite things I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Earlier in the summer, someone posted a link here to an oven very similar to an ooni, but cheaper (it was gas powered, with flames on three sides). I think they had ordered one, and I'm interested in hearing how they got on. I've tried to go back through the thread, but I can't seem to find the original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Was it this? - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117689268#Comment_117689268

https://www.bilka.dk/produkter/cozze-pizzaovn-til-gas/100564986/

That was me, unfortunately I used revolut for the purchase and it didn't go through, I had bought more items on the same day, so I thought it was because I might have overspent. I noticed a few days later - saw an email and I topped up revolut, but there were issues (I think the whole fault was at my end), Then it went back up to €180 which I suppose is still a good price, but I thought it might drop again, and here we are a month later. I don't have it. I don't know if that was an introduction price type sale..

I have been watching it though, and it is in other stores online, Currently on sale here for €150 but they only ship to Greenland or the Faroe Islands and i can't imagine many mail forwarders there 😁 - https://www.harald-nyborg.dk/produkt/cozze-pizzaovn-til-gas

Also for sale in Germany now for €240 - €250 so it might be worth trying the lower original link again at €175 (kr1,299.00).

€240 - https://www.computersalg.de/i/7301697/cozze-pizzaofen-f%C3%BCr-gas-50-bar-de-au-ch

€245 - https://www.waldispizza.de/Cozze-inkl-Gasschlauch-und-Druckminderer-400-C

€250 - https://www.proshop.de/Grill-und-Zubehoer/cozze-Pizzaofen-fuer-Gas-DE-AU-CH/2958101

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭RonnieL

That's it! Shame your purchase didn't work out. It looks like a good oven - I don't "need" a new oven, because my unni 3 is going grand, but I do think the design of that oven with flames on 3 sides is probably even better than the ooni. If anyone does get one, keep us posted here!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Has anyone tried the dough bros kit on a ooni? I have the Koda 12 and don't want to incinerate them.

You’ll be fine. With pre-baked bases you don’t need to put semolina on your peel. They should come off by themselves.

Don’t overload them.

If you don’t want them to incinerate, 30 seconds, out and turn, 20 seconds, out and turn, 20 seconds to finish.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I had a dough bros kit that wasn't pre-baked but dough balls in tubs. I found the dough slightly oily (possibly to help it escape the tubs) and as such a little prone to scorching, but other than that not all that different from my homemade dough.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

That’s interesting - I didn’t realise the Dough Bros did lots of just dough balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Comerman

Hi folks, good news is Santy's coming (I know it's only September 😁) but I'm torn between asking for a koda 16 or a Roccbox. Can I ask the general opinion here please

• Advertisement

I think they will both do the same job, i.e get up to 500 degrees and cook great pizza. I think the Roccbox is something like 500 quid whereas the Ooni 16 is around 320. Im not really seeing where that extra 180 quid is going, maybe if you really prefer the looks of the Roccbox it might be worth paying the extra but the result in the pizza wont be any different. Also dont forget Ooni normally give 20% off on Black Friday so you should be able to get the 16 for around 260 so almost half the price of the Roccbox. The savings will help you spend more on accessories that you will need like a couple of peels, an infra red thermometer, boxes for proving dough, etc.

Advertisement