Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Norm Mac Donald has passed away.

• 14-09-2021 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

Stand up legend and SNL star Norm Mac Donald passed away after a battle with cancer. World got a whole lot less funny with that ol chunk a coal gone. RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Really sad to hear this. His "Andy Richter the Swedish-German" joke on Conan is one of my all time favourite bits of comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

This took my wind out. One of my favourite comedians, a droll and highly sophisticated individual who pretended to be the dumbest guy in the room. And that isn't easy to pull off, he confided in the audience instead of talking down to them. His tenure as 'Weekend Update' anchor on SNL was wonderfully irascible, particularly his dressing down of OJ. A truly fearless man who pushed the boundaries of good taste with a knowing grin, his legacy is rich as it is timeless. RIP.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Turd Ferguson rides no more.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Ah Jesus no.

That's just awful. Another genuinely funny man gone.

RIP.

Advertisement