Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hawkeye - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Giving it a fun Die Hard Christmas feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was not expecting that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oof, I did not like that. Maybe it's just the trailer and how it's cut, but can't quite put my finger on it. Too flippant maybe, even for the MCU? Certainly I never cared for Hawkeye in the first place, which has been a running theme with these TV picks!

Oh and: a world of super science and talking raccoons, yet that Molotov cocktail catch had me roll my eyes for being just too stupid. Wish they'd stop having their "ordinary" characters behave like the powered ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Linda Cardellini out as the wife?

No idea but at one point in the trailer he answers his phone with "Hey Babe" saying he would be back in a day or two so they are probably back together and she couldn't come to New York for some reason. The shows seems to be focused in New York so maybe there was scheduling issue or something as to why she does not show up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I don't want to say too much about the connection but will Black Widow be available by the time Hawkeye comes out?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Black Widow arrives on Disney+ on October 6th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not sure what I was thinking it would be like tone wise....but I wasn't thinking that...it looks fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Like the tone for this - trying to do something dark wouldn't work based on the lack of gore and it would mean the character arc flip-flopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think that looks like great fun!

Well there's Linda.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Think they had to put her in this trailer after the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Looks like something the Rock would appear in. Looks absolutely gringe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Huh. Well I must have been in a right mood when last posting here: cos this and the previous follow-up trailer went down far better than before. Maybe it's the Seasonal setting, but I'm suddenly enthused about this.

The catch of the Molotov Cocktail is still supremely dumb and once again, undercuts the idea Hawkeye is "just" a human being.

To be fair the catching of the Molotov Cocktail shows more of his hand eye coordination for me and being the greatest archer in the multiverse hand eye coordination would be his superpower.

• Advertisement

Oh I don't doubt his dexterity, just the ability to catch a big ball of flame and glass like he does. Not as bad as Black Widow and her freefall / flying mind you ...

Those two episodes were really fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Better than I expected,Clint looking old and tired suits it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I enjoyed that although the plot does seem a little contrived.

The suit is a pretty poor McGuffin and Hawkeye's obsession with it is surely suspicious to people within the show, like a super trained spy who disappeared during the snap but wasn't dead is now trying to recover the suit of a super trained ninja who was active during the 5 year blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well.. I'm thinking this is almost a recommend.. to others .. to maybe hold off for this as a Christmas binge. It feels like it's made for one.

1: That was fun. Story feels straight forward, Christmassy and actioney.

Real nice setup for why she'd be a fan of Hawkeye. Some real cool poses possible for him (as seen in What If...?)

Not sure the baddies are up to much except crime for cash.

I get the feeling her Dads words will come back. They had a real ring of potential future wisdom about them.

If I had only one small quible..

the setup for the bell/clocktower bet didn't seem well fleshed out.. maybe to come though.. I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It does say "Spoilers" on the thread title so talk away about what's happened already.

I enjoyed that so far. Hailee Stienfeld surprised me. I was expecting this "Ariana Grande" pop princess style actor who is useless but actually she's been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I like it. Hailee is a good likeable actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

We really enjoyed here, far better than the loki or winter soldier series. Long wait till the next episode but should be a nice run up to the Christmas

• Advertisement

I really like they are showing Bart is not a "superhero" but a human hero and showing him losing his hearing showing the wear and tear on his body the effect being an Avenger him mentally and physically and how it has effected his family.

Advertisement