Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I actually prefer the early teams to be honest. Having to work to your team's strengths and weaknesses, playing against opponents who actually have weaknesses. It all feels arcadey and generic when every single player on the pitch pretty much has 90+ in every relevant stat. The first few weeks are the best, 75 rated gold CMs running the midfield 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Agreed Gold rare teams are where its at. There's actually some kind of skill gap involved. I love FIFA up until TOTS usually just switch to seasons after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Completed Pele so not sure what to do with the fodder now… don’t want to do R9 as it takes ages and have Gullit already. Did 3 of the PIM picks but they were shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ronaldo done...that sbc is ridiculous fun to do. this is the sort of stuff they should be releasing 3 months from end of the game cycle.

Throw up the remaining icon SBCs etc and let people grind them out whenever they can.

The only player i want now is Mbappe's toty card...prefer the look of it over my tots version.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its getting ridiculous now, icon picks were a bust but did them for free, have viera and half way through cr9, somewhere along the way i packed TOTY Mbappe dont even recall 😂

• Advertisement

Think this will be my final team, not much room for improvement! That SBC is ridiculous. Could craft any SBC you want if you have enough to do that SBC once as it gives you more fodder each time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Does anyone know what will be in packs tomorrow after season 8 ends? Will it still be best off, all cards or just revert to normal cards?

Still have a fair few high value packs, ie: Ultimates, Jumbo Rare Players, Rare Players and Rare Megas amongst others so deciding whether to have a pack fest tonight if everything is coming out of packs tomorrow or will hold on to some if it will continue as we are

folks whats the best league to use to pad out sbcs for chem at a low price?

I found the spanish league not too bad,....any league really that doesn't have an objective goal will always be cheaper.

Post edited by Blazer on

This is end game for me, ill do a few more icon moments picks (in case Pele or Maldini pop out) but the R9 grind killed me i wont be doing a massive sbc again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The 100 'Best Of' items will be in packs for one more week.

Struggling to win/score in games these days… even with 99 Messi, Ronaldo and Pele up top. Can’t string two passes together and feel like they’re stuck in mud constantly. Think I’ve dropped almost 200 rivals points in the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Any idea what is likely to happen to the online community in FIFA '21 when '22 comes out? I'm playing FIFA on Game Pass, so I'm not going to buy '22.

Will the vast majority of players jump over straight away? I assume there will still be players online to get a match going.

same..Messi and CR7 feel awful especially CR7. I find Mbappe is far better. I hate Messi's workrates so he's basically dropped. Even Cruyff annoys me with his movement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I went and got the last 12 icon swaps cards for the 95+ player… Feckin Yashin!! I feel like a Mayo fan after that.

I find Cruyff a bit rubbish but 99 Messi & Ronaldo are incredible

It’s actually annoying me now how awful they are. Kante quickly getting up there too, is everywhere but the DM position where I need him to be. Can’t remember the last time CR7/Messi scored for me.

Got Ronaldinho and he’s terrible as well.

it’s like they made a change that makes all top tier icons feel like Henry.

even Vieira feels so clunky compared to the top cards now.

Vieira is class at cb imo

Gonna try and complete R9… have 10 of the top squads done already. Hopefully he’ll be an improvement over Messi/CR7.

• Advertisement

Finished CR7 on Friday but haven’t had time to use him yet.

Decided to try and get Messi done as well as wasn’t much else to do - couldn’t face the 29 squads for R9. Been grinding the 82+ PP - done 22 today with 8 TOTs, 2 FTG, 2 Summer Stars and a Future Stars.

Last one I did out pops TOTs Messi - typical, why couldn’t it have been Summer Stars Neymar, lol.

Still with the 82 + picks, 3 85+ x10 packs and assorted other packs have done 7 parts of Messi so might as well finish him now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I find winning a few games in a row in Rivals means you really get punished for going up a division. I was playing this afternoon, and it was nothing teams with a value of 99 and chemistry 100. Twice in a row it was teams will 11 icons players.

Also, how to players continually score from kick-offs?

I wouldn’t even bother with any other upgrade SBCs.. just do the 85x10 and you’ll have Messi and any other SBC done in no time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Has anyone packed any of the big ones from the 85+ pack? I've done a tonne of them and I've only got a few 98s (Acuna loads), Foden and Lewa once.

Gone through the Ronaldinho SBC and working on Cryuff now.

i have done loads and best pulls have been mbappe (once and i didnt realise i packed him til later on!), lewa multiple times, Bobby F once, acuna, paredes, oblak multiples.

no neymar but i have SS and no CR7 but i have the 99 version anyway.

I’ve just been doing icon picks now and have a ridiculous icon team with a full bench and reserved lol.

no crazy picks but Puskas and Roberto Carlos and Alberto Carlos stand out as well as Vieira and Ronaldinho.

only got Puskas this morning but he was incredible for me at the weekend when doing the son’s WL. Way better than CR7 or Messi.

To me only Puskas and Mbappe have the attacking AI where they’re going straight for goals every single time and you only need to get the space to pass to them.

While CR7 and Messi are incredible cards you’ve to do a lot more work to make them score I find.

Acuna, Verratti, Lewa, Hazard, Foden loads. Outside of that, SS Sterling and TOTS Messi are the only ones I’ve had once. Haven’t gotten any other notable 98+. I really only want Firmino anyway for my Liverpool team.

I got Firmino from the 82+ player pick last week. I did over 20 of them yesterday and the last one was TOTs Messi and I did another 8 today and got 2 TOTs and 2 PTG including Pogba. It’s been good value that SBC as I have a shed load of untradeable low to mid range gold commons and rares to get rid of

My club has <10 commons/rares left. I’ve been recycling them all into the 85x10 and icon SBCs.. have 5 squads left for R9.. might do Vieira after that as I’m hearing great things about him as a CB.

• Advertisement

anyone care to put up what they think the best possible team in the game is (on 100 chem) i have most of the best players now but its hard to decide who to play, and the temptation is to play too many attackers which leaves you open!

Advertisement