Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Schumacher Suffers Serious Head Injury

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

Scotty # wrote: »
    LOL, we're talking here about people who adored him, loved him, idolised him, you know, those people he made hundreds of millions from. They care about him. To keep them in the dark is cruel. If someone you loved or admired was injured wouldn't you like to know they're OK? The last time someone said to you, 'Hello, how are you?' I wonder did you tell them to mind their own business?

I didn't like him as a sportsperson, thought he should have had much more severe penalties for his cheating than he received but of course I'd like to see him regain a good quality of life. I feel sorry for his wife and kids. But I also feel sorry for those that are left to wonder.

One problem could be that he is not able to speak, communicate or tell others if he is okay with that information coming out. So whose call is it then? Wife, kids, brother, manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭robinwing

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I am sorry but just because somebody is famous is doesn't mean they have no privacy. I hate that attitude towards celebrities. They don't owe you or any fans anything. If somebody in my family was sick and I had random people trying to probe information about them they would get a swift kick in the privates

Well said ! Any normal person will agree 100% with you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Always remember that famous people are famous because they *gave* fans something. They don't *owe* anything. I'm a boring loser with no life, someone provides entertainment, I should thank them, not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I am sorry but just because somebody is famous is doesn't mean they have no privacy.
    I agree. I'm not saying his fans are entitled to updates, I'm saying to not give any is cruel and unsympathetic to them. They're grieving too after all. A couple of sentences now and again would hardly be a major invasion of privacy? Plus it would curb some of the false reports that have been published, a far greater invasion of privacy in my opinion.

Each to their own I guess.

5 years have elapsed …….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

robinwing wrote: »
    5 years have elapsed …….

Has there ever been any updates on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Happy Birthday Michael!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mattser

Happy Birthday Michael!!

Legend. Thanks for the memories.

The half century , always a legend indeed but some of his manouvers tarnished his legacy a little

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/46746680

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

017wdt7x0ej11.jpg

Still my favourite moment in the years I have watched F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This is nice to see:
    Former Ferrari team principal, Jean Todt had revealed last year, that he had watched a race with Schumi at the German’s house in Switzerland.

See link:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.essentiallysports.com/f1-news-reports-f1-legend-michael-schumacher-is-set-for-another-operation-on-his-road-to-recovery/amp/%3ffbclid=IwAR1yQE5kS6M0cGy6VuDnyK7qGvjD4OnyPUQD0lFx6gF9LUNOgptaZpkMtZA

I wish Michael the very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Melodeon

New Netflix documentary "Schumacher" being release next Wednesday (September 15th 2021):

Article from the Irish Independent September 08 2021:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/motor-sport/he-is-here-but-different-michael-schumachers-wife-offers-update-on-f1-legends-condition-40831617.html

'He is here, but different' - Michael Schumacher's wife offers update on F1 legend's condition

Michael Schumacher's wife Corinna has offered an update on the F1 legend's health over seven years after a skiing accident left him severely injured.

Schumacher suffered a serious head injury following a fall in December 2013, and has been receiving treatment both in hospital and at home in the subsequent years.

Netflix will release a documentary titled, 'Schumacher', later this month, which will chart the rise of the seven-time Formula One champion.

Speaking in the documentary, Corinna offered an update on her husband's condition.

“Everybody misses Michael, but Michael is here, different, but here,” Corinna said in quotes reported by the Guardian. "He still shows me how strong he is every day.

“We’re together. We live together at home. We do therapy. We do everything we can to make Michael better and to make sure he’s comfortable. And to simply make him feel our family, our bond. And no matter what, I will do everything I can. We all will. We’re trying to carry on as a family, the way Michael liked it and still does. And we are getting on with our lives.”

Corinna added that it is hard to fathom how much things have changed following the freak accident.

“‘I miss Michael every day,” says Corinna. “But it’s not just me who misses him. It’s the children, the family, his father, everyone around him.

“We’d always made it through his races safely. Which is why I was certain he had a few guardian angels that were keeping an eye out for him. I don’t know if it’s just a kind of protective wall that you put up yourself or if it’s because you’re in a way naive but it simply never occurred to me that anything could ever happen to Michael.

"I never blamed God for why this happened now. It [the accident] was just really bad luck, all the bad luck anyone could ever have in their life."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Tork

I dread to think what this "different" Michael is like, and what he's going through. There are times when modern medicine does far more harm than good, and keeps people alive simply for the benefit of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just watched the documentary on Netflix, in truth it was his debut to 2000 they cover mostly. Cant believe how much his daughter looks like him, mick too! Some genes did Michael have :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It’s a good watch, if also quite sad. They didn’t spell out what is current condition is but they made it as clear as they were ever going to. If there’s one thing Mick has inherited from his father it’s his mental fortitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

A really interesting documentary. What I can remember from watching F1 when I was younger was that he was a world champion Ferrari driver. I'd known nothing of his career progression. Found it quite interesting. Thought the doc would finish up when he retired and wasn't expecting them to say much about his accident, or perhaps only briefly mention it.

His young lad Mick seems like a lovely young man - I really felt for him especially as he progresses in his own career.

• Advertisement
Advertisement