Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

Used 12+12+6 from Eneba

(BTW Honey extension gave about €3 discount... shameless affiliate link if you want to join https://www.joinhoney.com/ref/h3lf08a )

On Eneba they have a service charge for credit cards , but free if you have money in their eneba wallet (and you get the cheapest offer).

But... Eneba also charges to put money into their wallet ... but you can purchase an Eneba gift card for no service charge (max €50 at a time).

TL;Dr top up your Eneba Wallet by buying Eneba gift cards.

I also used the Free Gamepass Month I got from the xbox ambassadors program. If you do enough clicking there's a free Month of Ultimate every 3 months or so (plus other minor stuff like sweepstakes tickets ). https://ambassadors.microsoft.com/xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭webpal

What site do you buy on using VPN? I tried Argentina and can see cheap deal on Microsoft website but when I log in to buy it reverts to normal euro price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Having an issue via Brazil route. Got two 12 months codes from Cdkeys. No issues with first code using a Brazil VPN but when i try to enter the second code it defaults to my email with (United Kingdom) and a box under to enter code. When i do enter the code an error is coming up about regions.

I am connected to the Brazil VPN at all times. Any ideas to get around this??

Edit: I managed to get the second code to take after some trial and error.

When i tried to upgrade to Ultimate with the VPN off it wouldn't allow me as it said my subs were purchased in a different region. I got to the final stage using the VPN but system would not complete the order.

I then contacted Microsoft support and in fairness they cancelled the gold subs and asked me to sub to Ultimate and they would extend the sub by two years. I probably missed out on a few months here or there by using Brazil but happy enough to get up to Sep. 2023 for less than 80 euros.

Post edited by mickger844posts on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

My game pass is up Sunday, this is still all working, just buy two years and a 6 month and maybe a three month of gold off CD keys and buy a month of game pass ultimate to convert it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Should do. Mine is up on Wednesday and that's what I'm doing.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Friend of mine got 3 full 12 month codes last week and it worked rather than getting 2 X 12 and 1 X 6 month code

It was his first time doing it so not sure if that made any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just went through CDKeys, EU Gold 2 x 12 months, 1 x 6 months and month of Ultimate.

Good to go until April 2024, €125 or thereabouts. Like, price of 2 AAA games.

Re upped my Gold and went to use the promotional 1 month GPU code I received with my headset and got an expired code error.

The expiry on the card is November 2021 so I got in contact with MS support. Their webchat is currently down so I asked for a call, upon being called they said they couldn't help me as their internal system is down for checking subscriptions etc and will call back once the system is back up.

Absolute mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Advertisement

I'll wait on MS support to get back to me. I have what should be a valid subscription code so should be able to get it sorted when their system is back up.

They told me to go back to the retailer for a new code despite the fact it was a pack in from the manufacturer, Steelseries. Wasn't able to get a new code.

According to their records the code expired on November 30th 2020, an entire year before the date printed on the card.

Gamepass expired this morning, bought two 12 months and one 6 month off CD keys, then had reward points so bought 3 months ultimate and added the extra month for turning on renewal, worked perfectly, so now covered till June 2024 for €117 basically price of two AAA games, it's brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I did the upgrade deal for €1 2 years ago and its expired now. Will it work now if I buy another 2 years of gold and then I jkust need to get the one month of ultimate to convert it all to 25 months of ultimate?

Yes. You can stack 3 years at a time and I would advise you to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭VB

Used this today and working fine for renewals. Thank you!

Cost 115 on cdkeys for 2*12 and 1*6 passes and then a one month ultimate pass. Got me ultimate until Feb 2024 , one happy child, one happy parent. Thanks very much 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

I tried today to do the trick I was doing before by using eapass. Unfortunately 1 year of eapass was only converted to 2 months of gpu :-(

Before it was giving me 3 months...

No more happy days i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hi - what’s the best deal/trick to get game pass - just ran out - thanks

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

Second time getting free GPU, takes 3 months of clicking with Xbox ambassadors. Next season starts beginning of October so good time now to get registered and practicing missions.

I’m in the same boat, there is no mention of VPN in op, does op relate to Irish prices and if so is there another post for VPN?

That's Irish prices. Information about circumventing regional locks is not allowed here iirc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I did the OP based on Irish prices, as it was the easiest way of doing it. Otherwise the post would get unwieldy, having to talk VPNs, where to get it, etc.

While talk of region restrictions isn't really allowed, it's not something that I enforce with an iron fist. If the thread gets bogged down with endless questions about VPNs, how to get around regional restrictions, etc, then I'd take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

many thanks to the op for this.

Bought 2 x 12 months subs and a 6 month for €116 from cdkeys today. Then converted the whole lot with the 1 month for €1 offer.

thanks again.

Yes, just wanted to say thanks. 2 x 12month and 1 x 6month plus 1 month Ultimate, all from CDKeys = €127. I'd used the €1 ultimate deal already.

GPU until April 2024, so €3.80 per month is an absolute bargain.

ok so I think I figured this out, I guess its really down to which region you buy your pass on cdkeys. One more question, if I buy 2 codes x 12 months and load one up and upgrade etc, can I then load up the other code in a few months time and get the same deal or do you have to load the codes first?

You will need to wait for the subscription to expire, otherwise a 12 month Gold code will convert to 3 months GPU

• Advertisement

Ah ok, understood, thanks.

Also, not to derail the thread but if you look up Xbox live gold vpn on YouTube, it might help someone

Advertisement