Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Any one know what his schedule for the next season is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I doubt Seamus knows yet 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Trampas

Season starts next week so I assume he has an idea. I’d like to see him play as much as he can and get out there early. Get a good footing on the points list

Fair, but I don't think he'll know much beyond this wraparound part of the season and the tournament of champions in January (I presume his win gets him in that?).

His schedule is still going to be heavily dependent upon his OWGR and whether he can get in the top 50 before next season proper starts (big ask but I'd say it's what he's aiming for)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭bamayang

Spoke at an event in Dunmore today. Seems a wicked nice fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭bamayang

Yea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Motivator

As far as I know, Seamus plans on getting 6 or 7 tournaments played before the end of November. His first start is the last week of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

I'm surprised that Seamus has decided to give this week's tournament a miss. With all the Ryder Cup players missing apart from Rahm, it would have been an ideal opportunity to kickstart his season.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭paulos53

He has played this event 4 times previously and missed the cut each time. He now has the luxury of being able to miss events on courses that don't suit him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

On a side note, His Caddy Simon Keelan won best gross in the Douglas Golf Club Captains prize last weekend

Seamus kicks off his season tomorrow at the Sanderson Farms. Very interesting to see how he gets on here, it’s the start of a busy stretch for him so fingers crossed.

Hopefully he gets off to a flier, was most impressed with his form during the summer. Had finally sorted out Sunday afternoon issues, keep the hammer down and press on because his talent merits it.

It’s very hard to know what kind of a start he will get off to. He was back in Ireland for a couple of weeks and is only back in the states maybe the last 10 days or so. He was playing golf in Ireland (albeit with his buddies) so it’s not like he was away from a club completely. He was in such good form hopefully he picks up where he left off and the biggest thing is he has going for him is this season is essentially a free hit. He has no pressure on him so he can go out and play unrestricted. Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When you say this year is a free hit for him does that mean finishing in the top 125 is irrelevant and won't affect his card for next season?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah his card is secured through the end of 2023 regardless of results for this season. Hopefully his card won't be something he needs to think about again for a long number of years. The next step is a win in a full PGA Tour event, maybe this week, you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

No, not really, it was the same week as the Open, so was a reduced prize pool and doesn't carry the same exemptions (mostly but not the Masters if an opposite field event). It was also worth less Fed Ex Cup points than a regular tournament. It still carried the same two-year exemption for the Tour.

I'm open to correction on the Masters qualification, but Seamus has time to get into the top 50 before then and maybe win a full tournament before the cut off.

Yes to qualify for Augusta he will need to either win a full event or be inside the top 50 in the world rankings.

This season will be a whole different ball game for Seamus. It’s the first team he can really gamble and take chances without looking over his shoulder every week. It’s also the first time he can really plan out his season. Gone are the days where he’s had to play a course that he knows doesn’t suit him but he has to play anyway in the hope he gets lucky. The pressure is really off and he can just go and enjoy himself now. God knows what that could do for his confidence. He knows he’s good enough and the win has shown others that he’s good enough to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭dublin49

birdied 3 of the 4 par 5's which is great.Paddy and Shane so often don't get their fair share of birdies on par 5's and it really puts you at a severe disadvantage to rest of field if you are not getting getting your share .Just checked PGA stats and Shane below num 130 for scoring on par 5s for year 2021.Hard to believe with his short game his scoring average on par 5s isnt better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seamie shot level par for his opening round. A solid start, but gonna need to shoot at least 3 or 4 under tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Double bogeyed his final hole which was a pity - agreed probably needs to shoot 3 to 4 under to make cut today...

Seamus needs to birdie the 18th make the cut. He holed a great birdie putt from 25 feet on 16. A birdie on the last gets him in for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Bogies it - but as it happened the cut line moved up to -5 so even a birdie wouldn’t have been enough in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭dublin49

I jinked him talkin about his par 5s in rd 1,only level yesterday for par 5's and bogey from middle of fairway on par 5 11th probably killed his momentum and stopped him making the cut.

Good round for Seamus today -5, hopefully the beginning of a good week. Going to be a low scoring shootout but they seem to suit him well enough

Good start for him, hopefully he goes low tomorrow. He’s basing himself in Vegas for the time being so hopefully a nice winners cheque Sunday evening will give him a few bob to play the slots on his days off.

A bogey free 68 for Seamus yesterday to leave him t-17 and 6 off the lead going into the weekend. He started in the afternoon so had the toughest of the conditions according to sky sports so a bogey free round was pretty good.

I think he only missed one fairway and I think hit 16/18 greens which is some going. His putting was a little cold but he’s driving and iron play is really hot over the first two days. He would really be a factor if he got it to -10 but even still he has a chance at -8. He’ll need a 65 minimum this evening and he’ll know that but he’s well capable of it.

Fair play to him, I'd say he's more comfortable out there now than he's ever been. A top 10 would be a great start to the season and keep the confidence high.

Obviously love a win, but a top 10 would be fantastic, it's a pretty good field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Seamus just made a brilliant eagle on the 9th and is -4 for today and -14 for the tournament.

Just inside the top 10 at the moment.

Advertisement