Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Like You’re Not Even Trying: The Late Late Show, Friday 10th September 2021

• 10-09-2021 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Good evening all!

Tonight on the show:

“Ireland's Paralympians Jason Smyth, Ellen Keane, Nicole Turner, Gary O'Reilly, Katie-George Dunlevy, and Eve McCrystal will be guests, along with sports journalist Joanne O'Riordan, to talk about their success, their homecoming, and their medals.”

No doubt our fun loving compere will make this more about adversity, and less about achievement, cos that’s how he rolls…

…and because he knows feck all about sport, which will make this next interview even more stilted and awkward than usual.

“Ireland Rugby Coach and Munster player Paul O'Connell will join host Ryan Tubridy to discuss how he finds life on the side-line with Ireland and the new challenges he is facing now that he is back with the national team.”

Samantha Mumba is on as well, but hopefully not singing-while she never set the world on fire as far as I was concerned, I have to give her some credit for once comparing Twink to “Barbie’s granny.”

”Comedian Joanne McNally will also reveal why her therapist ghosted her, as well as talking about being kicked off a celebrity dating website, life in London and why she has the spare key to Vogue’s house.”

Being blanked by your therapist as well as not measuring up to celebrity status seems quite amusing to me, and might unintentionally be the funniest thing about this comedienne (who I have never otherwise heard of).

Misery slot, unless he manages to mine some from any or all of the above may well come courtesy of…

”…the long-lost siblings who had been left as babies on either side of the Irish border only to find each other over 50 years later through the help of DNA testing and the ITV programme Long Lost Family.”

Finally, music this evening, unless the bould Sam hogs the mic for a bit, is by Hermitage Green (vaguely familiar), and Orla Gartland (no idea).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thought he would have had something September 11th related, perhaps a piece of steel from the towers or the fuselage off one of the planes to chat to for 20 minutes or so.

I think this might only be my 5th time hearing Joanne McNally talk about being blanked by her therapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have enjoyed some Samantha Mumba songs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I know some of you are pining for Up For The Match, so here's a little bit of UFTM Mayo Magic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Will be interesting to see if Ryan gets checked by Ellen Keane for a third time, she's not shy about it and he clearly doesn't really care so isn't bothered listening to her or learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Archeron

Body to body wasn't a bad song until it was associated forever with horrific Road crashes. And that particular ad featured a scene so bad it appeared in clip shows around the world. I reckon whatever royalties she got for that, it wasn't a good investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,590 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭tintin67

If memory serves correctly, Joanne McNally was runner-up to Nadine Coyle in RTE's hit series The Most Excruciatingly Irritating Voice Of Ireland a few years ago so a treat in store for lovers of strangulated vowels this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Listening to that Joanne McNally is like listening to finger nails screeching on a chalk board. Painful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I guess he doesn't let his hobbies get in the way of his work 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

car-crash TV...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ghoulfinger

What might be the predicted Misery Quotient for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Joanne McNally is doing 20 nights at Vicar Street next year

Think of how many people are going to be dragged along to see her against their will by their girlfriend

Some of them are going to miss Champions Leagues games

Just think about that for a minute

How now fellow masochists. First post in several months, what better place than my spiritual home chuckling at the grim reaper himself. Expect gales of forced laughter and generous helpings of false empathy. Indeed, our stiff emcee runs the gamut of emotions from a to b.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Good to be back my fellow dispisers :-)

M

Should be a full house audience, national tv awards in UK last night was maxed out and not a mask in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Nice set !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭archfi

Unless the DNA bit has some massive unque talking point the only reason it's a feature on Ireland's 'premier entertainment show' is because Ant n Dec get a mention no matter how oblique - otherwise this is a piece for a local newspaper.

Samantah Mumba - only interested if she has a strop

Joanne comedian (never heard of her tbh) - let's wait and see...

Paul O Connell - Mr Pinergy, not really interesting, is he?

Mucsicians - never heard of them but let's wait and see...

PS Just for that stupid attempt at a joke, I'm up for Tyrone.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Celticshine69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I've made a pact with myself. I won't make any negative comments tonight.

It might result in few posts😂

M

Ffs, the rest of the athletes having to stand for the entire interview, torture.

• Advertisement

Not seeing much at face value tbh. There has been above average sport recently and that can't last!

On the plus side they are clearly avoiding covid talk which is very welcome but I'm sure therel be plenty of that to come!

Evening all! ☺️

Let's do this! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭archfi

Drinking game or too much of a risk of cirrhosis?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

"What was your drive there, Ellen?"

"Not being subjected to your radio show over in Japan, Ryan."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I'll have to get Gareth Keenan, David Brent and the IT guy from the office to explain the whole, dwarf, midget (goblin) thing🙈

M

The Japs were kind of bollix's as hosts of both games in the end. I thought they would have been leaders in vaccination and sorting the whole thing.

Cue cards are hidden on his lap.

• Advertisement

Denny the doggeh is squee 😊

Advertisement