Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Lightscribe

Anyone with the same experience able to offer any input.
    I had a parcel out for delivery on Tuesday morning. Updates changed to "incomplete address" during the morning (they didn't try very hard!) I phoned and gave full address and eircode etc. Update still shows as scheduled for Tuesday 4th May.
    Does anyone know how much longer this could take. Waiting on a, badly needed new phone.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Amouar

Hi all,

I made 2 orders from 2 different Turkish sites, one of them dispatched the goods with UPS and the other one with DHL.

Both orders arrived to Ireland very quickly and cleared customs and were delivered to me. I expected to receive a call from UPS and DHL asking to pay the VAT (orders + shipping above the VAT free limit), but this didn't happen and got delivered to me without any payment, which is great! :D

Does Turkey have any sort of arrangement with Ireland which means that orders from Turkey are VAT free?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Vat bill and charge for clearance can arrive after delivery. I'd be assuming that there is 23% vat and a €15 or thereabouts customs facilitation fee.

There is no agreement between the EU and Turkey.

Are you sure they dispatched from Turkey? - Some sites may be based there, but dispatch from a fulfilment centre within the eu.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Vat bill and charge for clearance can arrive after delivery. I'd be assuming that there is 23% vat and a €15 or thereabouts customs facilitation fee.

There is no agreement between the EU and Turkey.

Are you sure they dispatched from Turkey? - Some sites may be based there, but dispatch from a fulfilment centre within the eu.

Yes, they were dispatched from Turkey.

If vat charges and clearance bill are charged afterwards, how can Ups or DHL ensure that recipients pay?

I received a package from Turkey last week and it was delivered to me without any vat payment. UPS just delivered it and didn't ask for any payment. Now I see in this thread that they will send an invoice later. Does anyone knows when they usually send them? Also this seems like a very bad set up as people can move homes etc.

Merged. Please don’t post across different threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

I received a package from the bioware store yesterday. I was informed the charge was €30.25, I paid the charge over the driver's phone to a UPS representative. I didn't receive an invoice and was informed an invoice would later arrive.

Anyway, on the UPS sticker it says the following:

VAT: €0.00
    Taxes: €11.80
    Customs Duty: €0.00
    Other: €18.45

Does anyone have any idea what the other could be? I rang UPS today but I'm getting a message that the billing department is closed and that their hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm monday to friday, well I rang today at 11.30am and it's thursday so IMO I shouldn't be getting this message.

All I want to know is what this other charge is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

It's their admin fee for 'calculating your duty' and processing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

It's their admin fee for 'calculating your duty' and processing it

It was €10 last time I used them, greedy cnuts

The entire charge I paid was more than the cost of the item

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

It a €15 + vat customs administration fee.

This applies to all goods purchased outside the EU (so includes UK) which is not shipped duty & tax paid.

UPS make the customs entry on your behalf and charge a fee for doing so. (as do all other shipping companies)

Demonique wrote: »
    It was €10 last time I used them, greedy cnuts

The entire charge I paid was more than the cost of the item

UPS have never been €10. I think they were €13.50 + vat a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Hi folks i got a invoice today from UPS about a late Payment fee apparently i got something sent the 12th May has unpaid balance €29.51 then 8.00% charges late payment fee, €2.36 , address is not the full address the

Wasn't sure if its a hoax did ring them they wanted the fulll address even though i said do u not have it on your invoice number i provided , they have place in Ballymount ups M50 Business park

Just dont remeber getting anythging or if this parcel they have she didnt know said she had to send to her billing department,

Jsut wondering if u think its a scam thanks folks

faolteam wrote: »
    Hi folks i got a invoice today from UPS about a late Payment fee apparently i got something sent the 12th May has unpaid balance €29.51 then 8.00% charges late payment fee, €2.36 , address is not the full address the

Wasn't sure if its a hoax did ring them they wanted the fulll address even though i said do u not have it on your invoice number i provided , they have place in Ballymount ups M50 Business park

Just dont remeber getting anythging or if this parcel they have she didnt know said she had to send to her billing department,

Jsut wondering if u think its a scam thanks folks

Ballymount is their office in Ireland and if it is sent by standard mail, it won't be a hoax.

It looks like something purchased from a non-eu website (most likely a UK site) for about €60

Vat and customs entry fee on this would come to about €29.

Why are they not charging VAT and custom fees before delivering the packages? What if someone moves to another place and therefore doesn't receive any letter from UPS?

I received a package for outside the EU last month but i was never asked to pay anything. Judging from this email thread, it appears that I should expect to receive a letter from them soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They used to always do it before delivery. Working from home seems to be making it easier for some shipments to fall through the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone have a number for the Dublin depot? The number on Google is just the customer service number not the depots number. The ups driver called me today but I wasn't home, I asked him to leave it in the depot, but he didn't leave an infonotice or anything behind for me to go collect it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cookiee wrote: »
    Anyone have a number for the Dublin depot? The number on Google is just the customer service number not the depots number. The ups driver called me today but I wasn't home, I asked him to leave it in the depot, but he didn't leave an infonotice or anything behind for me to go collect it

Do you have the tracking number?
    If you have that the customer service will be able to help you to rearrange a reattempt or marked from collection.

Davy wrote: »
    Do you have the tracking number?
    If you have that the customer service will be able to help you to rearrange a reattempt or marked from collection.

I do have tracking number, and now it's changed to out for delivery today so I won't call them yet, so I'll wait and see. Thanks!

Cookiee wrote: »

And the package came yesterday, even though he said he would leave it at the depot, they sent it out for delivery anyway and I had to take the day off to wait for it, oh UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Anyone know usual shipping time from Germany to Ireland these days (using UPS Standard)? Thought it would be 3 working days max, but it's been 11 now.

Ordered something August 4th, vendor said it was shipped on that day.

The tracking just says:

Label Created: 08/04/2021 2:11 P.M. Germany

Shipped: 08/11/2021 10:01 A.M. Germany

No other info or updates since.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

Hey,

I ordered a new watch for €300+ and got UPS shipping. It was suppose to come last wednesday(1st of sept) but when i went to check the tracking on the item it said incomplete address. Which happens all the time since none of the house on my lane have numbers which is why i always provide eircode but still does not stop this happening.

Anyway i rings them about 10 mins after the tracking is updated with the message and confirm the address and eircode which they had. Anyway they say it will be delivered later that day, at 5 on wednesday still no parcel. I check the tracking again thursday and i see it is at the depot and has been rescanned. I also see on the tracking that it does not have my eircode so ring them again and they confirm that the eircode is on the parcel and its out for delivery.

At 2pm on the thursday I check the tracking again and it says delivered and signed by "me" as 12.30. I goes outside and checks and can not find any parcel so ring them again and they say someone from the depot will call you within an hour. after hearing nothing from them at 5 i tired there phone line but its down. On friday morning I still had no call so i rings them again and they say the same thing someone from the depot will call you again within an hour.

About an hour and a half later the driver calls me and tells me he has delivered it to a house about a 15-20min walk up the road from me as it has a similar address and eircode. He says he will collect it and drop it to be later in the day. 6 O clock rolls around and i had not heard from the driver and there is nothing in my garden. i tires the drivers phone and its off so i cant get through to him and their phone lines are down.

Today I rang the driver and he answers and is very apologetic saying he forgot about it and he will drop it to me in the evening. He just calls me a few minutes ago and says he cant remember where he drop it and i need to contact the seller to get them to send another one.

From past experience I think i know what the seller is going to say they are going to say that the tracking says its signed for. this is a joke. I have video cameras outside my house and can prove the parcel was not delivered at the time it says it was.

I assume my number is on the parcel and my eircode and all that. Why the heck would the driver not just call me like the DPD and other couriers do and save all this trouble. All of the correct information(phone number, eircode) was provided to the seller so must of been provided to UPS as it was the last time i ordered from them. Sounds to me like either the driver got a free watch or someone did.

Anyone suggest any options here for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

I had a similar issue last year, UPS driver delivered my package to another address (I never got a call to confirm address). I managed to get hold of the driver and he recalled delivering to the wrong address and sorted it out for me, so I wouldn't necessarily assume it was taken by anyone deliberately. That is completely unacceptable what driver is telling you especially if it has been registered as delivered with your signature. I would get on to UPS in Ballymount and insist on getting something in writing to the effect that the driver delivered to the wrong address. At least then you can provide proof to the seller or indeed your payment provider that you did not receive what you paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

If the seller can't provide a POD with your signature, they haven't actually delivered the package to you.. Tell them you haven't received it and can they advise where it is?

Remember, you paid the shipper for a watch delivered to you, they have yet to fulfil their end of the contact to you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Problem is, contactless deliveries are in since COVID started sir there haven't been signatures in a long time.

@grimeire get on to UPS head office in Finglas and ask for the investigations manager, and get them to chase it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

I contacted the seller and they told me i had to deal with UPS. which is understandable.

I rang the driver again on tuesday (8th) and this time some other driver answered lets call him B I told him the story and he said he would have the driver who lost the parcel call me back. A hours later B rings me and asks me to confirm where i live and I tell him and he says he will be there in a few minutes.

I go out and he has my parcel. when i asked him how he found it when the driver to derivered it to the wrong place couldnt even remember where he delivered it he said that the pads they have have GPS and he was able to identify where driver A left it. He called to the house and asked was it there and they gave it to him. He said the other guy was new and useless. What pissed me off the most is my address and number where correct so driver A was just a lazy sod and didnt want to deliver it.

Anyway im happy i got the parcel a day before the misses birthday so it wasnt to bad. But still wish the whole ordeal did not happen.

UPS also rang me a few hours later and asked me did I get the parcel. Yes but if the delivery driver competent I would of had it 6 days earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Advice needed please! I've purchased an item from UK to be delivered to a family member in Belgium. I have the tracking number so I can see that it's left the UK. Is there a way that I can pay the customs charge from the website so that my family is not charged for it? First time using UPS!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

No unfortunately there is no way of doing that as a private shipper.

Tracking on my package says On the way but above the delivery update it says "UPS is holding the cargo at a secure facility, pending instructions and agreement" - it was scheduled for delivery before 3.30 today but now says Check again later for updated delivery while still saying On the Way!!! - does that mean it won't be delivered today?

Post edited by Kirm2 on

They have probably notified the recipient that are charges due before delivery.

The recipient is my daughter and she hasn't received any notifications, she was expecting to pay the customs to the driver when the package was delivered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

I recently refused a UPS delivery as they were charging freight charges + tax. I now received an invoice letter for late payment. Surely the sender should be liable for any charges. I rang but they wouldn’t give any info other than they could see an invoice for late charges on the system. Any suggestions how to avoid more letters?

Advertisement