Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 race recommendation

• 06-09-2021 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all. A few of us lads are thinking of going to a race next season. Can anyone recommend any of the European circuits for best crqic and value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well, the Dutch GP seems to have planted its marker.

British is meant to be good. I enjoyed Spa but that was when they had proper engines. Have heard good things about Barcelona. Hungary also looks like it would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Austria is gorgeous set in among the Austrian Alps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'm thinking of doing Spa myself next year, I'd be absolutely sick if it was a repeat of this year though!

Dunno what you'd be into but camping up by Les Combes was great craic a few years ago. It's up at the end of basically a dead-end road so access can be a bit iffy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Camping would be no issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭nd2no

Can you camp at them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Silverstone I'd imagine is great craic (haven't been) at the track. But there won't be much in the way of apres grand prix.

Barcelona and Monaco (Nice) are good for apres grand prix. Races themselves tend to be poor.

Monza is obviously the race fans race (could argue Silverstone there too I suppose)

You need to consider what you want from the race v apres grand prix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I've been to Silverstone, Spa and Monza. Would rate Silverstone and Spa much higher than Monza from a spectators point of view. Camped at Silverstone and it was good craic. Spa also looks to have good camping close to the track too. There isn't much around Monza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Which races are good for those of us who prefer solid roofs over our heads at decent prices?

Well Silverstone is closest and you could drive there. With a car you have options for accomodation.

When I went to Spa, I flew to Eindhoven and hired a car and stayed in hotels in Aachen. Bought a parking tickets near track and drove to track each day. Did the pit lane walk on Thursday too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

Dutch looks great fun but was pretty much a procession on the track..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I am going to my first race this weekend in Monza!

Pros - great track, loads of history, pretty much a city centre circuit so plenty to do for the casual fan you might be dragging along.

Cons - the facilities seem kind of old, and maybe the tifosi living locally reduces the banter because it's not that "away day" mentality.

Yes, I noticed that too about Monza. The track is also very flat and surrounded by lots of trees so not great for general admission tickets. I didn't find Milan very interesting either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Hungary - tickets are pretty cheap, great atmosphere and you can get the train out to the track from Budapest each day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 616 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Camping at Silverstone is great fun, even if the weather is crap!

Silverstone date announced, July 3rd

Advertisement