Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best bank for farmers

• 07-09-2021 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what bank do people think here is the best to deal with for farmers, I know it’s mostly only Aib and Bank of Ireland that most farmers use

I am a customer of bank of Ireland and find them great and never any problems, the only fault I have is that you can’t do any business in your local branch now it all has to go to Dublin, even when you are doing business on the phone you are never dealing with the same person, you have no direct line to somebody

Just wondering is this the same with Aib or when doing business do you go to the branch and meet somebody or if business is conducted over the phone do you have a direct line to someone so you can get familiar with the same person or is it a Dublin number and a call center?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I don't think the bank itself matters but the account manager you have. I can ring or text mine and he knows what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

I would have to say aib. Easier to do business with and get a loan fir example. With boi if you go one penny over your overdraft limit they will bounce a cheque on you. In my experience aib would let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I was with Boi and moved to Ulster bank, they were great to deal with. It's a pity their closing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Have had 6 different ones, one was good, 4 not so much, will be finding out what the new one is like soon enough I spose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭morphy87

I have never had any problems with BOI but it’s just when I am applying for loans I have to ring Dublin where’s before I rang someone in my local bank or called in and they done it for me, I prefer to be dealing with someone directly than ringing Dublin, when you are dealing with Aib do you ring Dublin or have you a direct line for someone in your area?

• Advertisement
Advertisement