Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2021 Round 13: Dutch Grand Prix

167891012»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I don't know about that. Russell's ability to get into a car he could barely fit into and get the better of Bottas took serious stones. There aren't many who would be capable of that.

He's lightning quick, but whether he has the racecraft of Hamilton or Verstappen remains to be seen. You have to remember he smoked Norris, Albon etc in F2 in identical cars.

I think to say 'he's no Hamilton' is harsh as well, in the sense that if every driver was compared to Alonso, Hamilton, Max, then there would be nobody else anywhere near them.

I honestly think he has what it takes. If Hamilton doesn't win 8 this year, then I think he'll happily play the number 2 role, as he knows he has time on his side. He will be 4 years younger than Bottas was when he takes the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It'll be interesting to see if they let Russell actually race unhindered or do they beat him down into just being Bottas 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,527 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well the stream turned out to be unreliable but you know what I don't care as it was not exactly a great race anyway. Just seen the highlights on Channel 4 now. Delighted Max won. Delighted he is leading the championship again. Bring on next weekend I think he can win that one too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what happened to yuki.

why did russel pit at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

Both retired to change parts for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭McFly85

Oh I agree that he’s got what it takes, but my comment was more about if he races Hamilton right now, Hamilton I think would beat him because at the moment, he’s the better driver.

A few years down the line we could have some epic Max v George battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I wish every F1 race had that kind of atmosphere, even my pal who doesn't watch F1 said that he loved that race for the fans.

Glad F1 is back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Agree. I think in terms of races I would love to go to for crowd atmosphere it looks second only to Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah I thought myself Zaandvoort for a weekend next year might be fun.

Advertisement