Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTB and Determination Order

Options
  • 31-08-2021 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

We recently had an adjudication hearing with the RTB and received a letter in the post determining the outcome of that hearing. It said a determination order would be issued but it has been about 9 weeks now and we haven't received anything. The RTB just keep saying it will issue soon but I'm wondering how long is soon? Does anyone have any experience of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Roski707

I think it was 4-5 months between decision being made for a case I brought and actually getting the order in the post. Its still not on the website either. I don't think you need the actual document though - once the decision is made its enforceable isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Not according to the RTB. I need the actual Determination order to make it enforceable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I hate to tell you but the determination order isn't worth the paper its written on if the other party chooses not to adhere to it.

Speaking as an ex accidental landlord who got out as soon as i was out of negative equity after being screwed by tenants withholding rent and then being told by the RTB "if they choose not to pay there's not a lot more we can do"

RTB is the best example of a toothless quango.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Post edited by mrslancaster on

Advertisement