Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Similar to what I'm going with in attack.

Sanchez (Steele)

Shaw, Reguilon, Marcel, Duffy (Williams)

Salah, Torres, Mount (Allan, Sissoko)

Ronaldo, Kane, Antonio

Had considered Raphinha + cash but I like the look of Mount this season and think that Lukaku is going to get him more points. I'm looking at him as some form of Lukaku cover as well.

Shaw may go to Christensen but I'm going to give him a few more weeks with Varane assisting in defence and a target man for crosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I don’t see Shaw as an assist attraction. I think DeGea + saves will cover Shaw & give you 1m to upgrade one of your 4.5m mids to ESR or Gray.

You can then get another 4mil defender but play Duffy over Sanchez if you want Brighton defence & not have to double up

Ye I know they were pens which is even better I think. He finished with 16 goals last year (no pens) so we can assume he’ll get close to that non pen total again (13 the season before).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah thats spot on. I think relying on Bissouma, Gallagher & Dennis would get old very fast and you'd have itchy fingers to improve them which then means selling a premium player anyway.

Theres lots of ways of winning this game but my feeling with premiums is owning them at the right times and getting off them at the right times will pay dividends over the course of the season. I dont see the necessity to own as many of them as possible while weakening the rest of the team because premiums are going to blank in some games whereas theres a selection of a mid priced players that can provide consistent returns.

Then you also have to factor in the hot streak players that are important to be on at the right times. From last season those who were on Lingard early would have gotten just as many points out of owning him for 7 or 8 GWs than they did out of owning Kane or Salah over the same time period. Lingard was a 6.5m player who was delivering returns at the same rate as a 12m one for several GWs. It was pure gravy if you owned at the right time and then got off him as soon as the first signal that his hot streak had ended arrived. I think having that flexibility is important whereas locking in lots of premiums takes it away quite a bit, especially if the hot streak player is 6.5m-7m or over.

Its horses for courses really but its interesting how a lot of the WC chatter seems to be about packing their team with premiums. Im not convinced with the strategy but it'll will be interesting to see how it plays out in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm not delighted, but I'm ok with keeping Shaw for the moment. He's still at nearly 50% ownership so there's merit in that in itself. But ya, the assists don't look promising atm, his best form came last year with Rashford ahead of him and that won't be the case for a while.

But given the ownership, I'll give him a few more weeks. I do think Ronaldo will demand more assists from him and Varane should help CS potential. He's hanging in there.

I'll probably move on DeGea/Shaw if we get some certainty around DeGea's place. Henderson is just back a week or so, so there's a little uncertainty there for me. I would expect Ole to state if DeGea will be his league no.1 and Henderson his cup no.1 in the next few weeks.

With Brighton's fixtures for the next few, I'm happy to double up for most of them and bring Williams, Sissoko or Allan in for Duffy the odd week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭eggy81

Latest draft

first 2 pics are my attempts at wc drafts. 3rd pic is my week 3 team. I’m just inside 160 k and made no transfers for wk 2 and brought in reguilon and son in wk 3. I had zero in bank after wk 3. I feel like I got carried away in cr7 hype at this stage with the amount of chopping and changing I’ve done in this wc team. Main motivation to wc was Martinez out, ings facing tough fixtures while villa don’t really look great and obviously cr7 came into it. In hindsight a -4 to Sanchez in goal and ings to dcl would have probably been better. I got lucky in wk 3 with the return from the 2 Spurs transfers. Barnes was another problem but might have held on to him for another week. But now with button hit my main questions are will Greenwood lose out to cr7 arrival. If not is him or jota the better pick. Will Torres hold his place. Are Arsenal worth considering with the fixtures. Is taa essential. Completely baffled at this stage.

* it’s the second pic that’s my latest draft

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

My WC Draft, comments please

Sanchez

Arnold Shaw Veltman

Salah Jota Benrahma Torres

Calvert-Lewin Ronaldo Antonio

Subs: Steer Williams Duffy Brownhill

I am fairly happy with it , I think doubling up on Ronaldo, Kane or Lukaku is overkill and severely hampers the rest of your team especially since there is so much value in the 7.5-8.5 striker bracket . With leeds fixtures improving ill be looking to swap Benrahma to Raphina . Bamford is in my thoughts too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm coming around to that somewhat, I had a tem with TAA, Salah, Ronaldo, Lukaku but I'm beginning to think there's too many compropmises elsewhere. Only real way to do it was with a bench fodder forward, and a dud playing defender (Livramento) and a cheap midfielder (Gary, ESR).

Coming around to the idea of one of Ronaldo/Lukaku, starting with Ronaldo, Lukaku at GW7, the extra strength all over the field feels better

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Deleted some posts that have nothing to do with FSA.

Feel free to discuss in relevant fora.

yeah thats similar to my own plan, Im holding off Lukaku till GW7 when his fixtures shift. He could very well score against Villa, Spurs, City but I fancy DCL/Antonio to match him over their fixtures. Chelease fixtures are so good from GW7 though that regardless of what Antonio/DCL are doing I think Lukaku is too good to ignore, its the double goal hauls or even a potential hat trick that I would fear missing out on.

• Advertisement

BTW, wasn't his nickname on this forum last time Blankaku?

We've a lot of confidence that he's changed his ways

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ha will he be this year's Vardy, where everyone rants and raves about him and then realise 7 weeks later than he still hasn't scored...

Speaking of Vardy 2 goals in 3 games but seems to have no love around here this season

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

And rightly so. He's not going to be as prolific as Kane, Ronaldo or Lukaku and the likes of Antonio, Bamford, DCL, Jimenez and Wilson represent much better value.

How do you plan on jumping from DCL/Antonio to Lukaku, that will require an additional 3.5/4mil which I assume will be spread around the team?

If Lukaku is not on penos, and there is no reason to assume he is, given Jorginho is starting games. Then that's probably 4/5 goals that Vardy should get over him. Most people will know that I didn't view Vardy as been great last year, but for a million less he might prove to be value in comparison to Lukaku, and Leicester also have decent amount of fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Looks good to me. If I was to be picky perhaps Liveramento for Duffy? I think Liveramento may be nailed for the season and Duffy not so much.

Maybe Jota or Torres to Raphinha for nailedness a good fixture run coming and save some cash but those two are great picks so that’s just something to think about.

It’s looking like Raphinha won’t be available for GW4 due to Brazil’s complaint to FIFA.

One to keep an eye on

Do we know when all players confirmed missing will be announced.

It will involve two transfers but right now Im thinking Bruno out in GW7 is one of them. Even though he has better penalty stats than Ronaldo he is most likely going to be off them. That has to hit Brunos points ceiling over the season and for me he would no longer be worth the 12.0m.

Im not 100% I'll go to Lukaku yet but its very hard to look past that run of fixtures for Chelsea from GW7 onwards, Southampton, Brentford, Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley. Theres lots of captaincy options in those fixtures too. At a minimum I want a Chelsea defender for that run as you'd think they are getting a minimum of 3 clean sheets out of those 5 fixtures and possibly more. Chelsea to me look like they have the best defence in the PL this year, its early days but it seems really hard to score against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It is pretty unprecedented to be honest. I wouldn't assume anyone is playing until they're confirmed in the starting lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Arealred

Wildcarding to get Ronaldo in.

Debating option A versus option B

A: Trent, Jota, Lukaku,

B: James, Salah, Calvert Lewin.

Any comments welcome.

I’ve been playing around and have landed here.

GK: DeGea (Steer) I think after last game DeGea will hold his place for foreseeable. Varane will add a bit more to that defence who had 13 PL clean sheets last year. CR7 coming in may seem them more exposed also & in turn more shots at DeGea for some nice save points.

Def: Matip, Christensen, Laporte (Duffy, Livramento)

Seems a way in to Liverpool, City, Chelsea defence. Matip has come very close to scoring in the last few games as has Laporte. I know slight rotation worry there but I don’t mind Duffy or Livramento subbing in.

Mid: Salah, Torres, Benny, ESR (Sissoko)

Benny could easily become Sarr, Traore or Trincao.

Torres could easily become Raphina

And to be honest this is probably where I’ll see my transfer picks coming over the next few GW’s as I move to in form midfielders

Salah is Salah

ESR has some tasty fixtures coming & I’m hoping the IB will have given Arsenal a chance to restart their season.

Forwards:

Cr7

Lukaku

DCL

Im going stick with these for 3-4 weeks barring any injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Laporte injured for Spain last nite. A very easy swap for you to Stones, who has dropped to 5.3. That injury is making me consider a 4-3-3 formation

Guiata - 4m

TAA- Stones - Ayling - White - Regulion

Torres - Jota - Salah - Allan - 4.4

Ronaldo - DCL - Antonio

Lukaku & Recce James coming in from GW7. I’d love Sa but just can’t find the extra 0.5 with Jota in the team. If the news on Firmino is good I could be looking at Raphina over him

Ake could play ahead of Stones so just something to be wary about

Watford have some decent games coming up, or Norwich if your trust them - i think Palace games are tough - so wouldn't be sure about Guiata keeping many CS

Guaita is a bonus point hoarder tho, anytime he keep a CS against a top team he's in 10-12 point territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ake was at fault for the loss to Leicester, I think Stones will play if Laporte is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

Seen comments related to this report that Laporte's injury is not serious so he might not even miss any game time for Man City as a result of being taken off early when on international duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Getting very close to finalising this. News on Firmino, DCL will help lock it down. A price drop for White would be welcome.

Stacked attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It's a great team tbh! With Wolves fixtures it's probably worth considering Jimenez up top instead of DCL. 50-50 imo

Advertisement