Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connector conundrum!

• 05-09-2021 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

I'm trying to undo this connector, which is probably extremely simple - I've tried a firm pull on the small 'plug' at the end of the two wires on the left of the picture but no joy. Does it need to be released/unclipped

some other way? I've been reluctant to use too much force so far in case I damage something... help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

A tab on the top of the left hand plug seems to be missing.Is there any "squeezing" on the edges to loosen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paolouno

Thanks for the suggestion - there didn’t seem to be any squeezing possible. I see what you mean about a missing tab but it’s hard to tell if there ever was one - the thing on the bottom is just a very flimsy piece of plastic.

I'm sure it’s easy when you know how bit I’m still stuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

You see the white dot just near the Audi sign - can you press that down, or press the white tab further down?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You just need to push up the tab sticking out under the wires on the left side of photo.

Push fitting together as you do it to try to help with the release.

A very small screw driver in beside that tab might help if not successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paolouno

Brilliant, thanks everyone - got it out eventually with a combination of the above. Help much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement