Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bar Strategy

Options
  • 01-09-2021 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

if I wanted to appear as I'm drinking a few beers in a bar in Dublin, what's the most likely non-alcoholic beer/beer-like liquid they have to pour me?

Would just rather avoid the inevitable discussion.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

How about the new Guinness zero? Not all bars have it in stock, I'm told it's a very acceptable brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Not sure what you mean. Non-drinkers have more options than ever now. Guinness Zero I suppose looks the most convincing in that it didn't exist this time last year, Heineken Zero looks exactly the same as ordinary Heineken, Erdinger looks exactly like Erdinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Apologies, what I mean is which is typically avail on tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Depends where you are. Most Dublin bars will have Heineken and Guinness Zero on tap these days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,003 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

But it's a real pity that someone can't go out on a night and not drink without "the inevitable discussion" as you call it OP.

What the **** is wrong with some people that they cannot accept other people not drinking alcohol on some occasions.

I have no idea about your circumstances OP, if you could, get a 7up and tell them it's none of their business.

• Advertisement

"I'm on anti-biotics" usually does the trick when asked why no booze in your hand. Or just say, you don't drink.

That said I just bought a 4 pack of Guinness Zero to test drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ziggyzardust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

What age group are you in because to me somebody not drinking is nothing and I don't think anything of it . I would be with people I want to be with not just people who are drinking .I know it's maybe a bigger issue if you are younger but there are quite a lot of people who don't need drink to enjoy themselves they don't need drink to chat to anybody .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

So true and with stricter drink driving laws it shouldn't be so weird for people to say they're driving. But either way a grown adult should not have to make any excuses.

Advertisement