Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kin - RTE & AMC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd have thought its natural habitat on RTE would be Sunday night at 9.30pm as per Love/Hate, it's not scheduled to go out this Sunday so will therefore be showing after the US slot, a bloody disaster unless AMC bankrolled the vast majority of it.

The brains of the operation in RTE probably think with flights to US restricted that no VHS recordings will make there way across before they show it here 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ACM and Screen Ireland, RTÉ don't really invest in any drama, I think Smother is their biggest own budget and Season 2 could easily be bankrolled by BBC/UKTV

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Woah.. so that's like Charlie Cox (Daredevil!!) alongside Aidan Gillen and Ciarán Hinds!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13444408/fullcredits

but the trailer doesn't feel strong.. so I checked the Director/Writer combo.. seems to be a team from TV show Red Rock.

Is it after getting any good? I don't remember seeing/hearing strong reviews about it

It hasn't started yet, not sure if critics have seen previews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ah well.. I was kinda asking about Red Rock.

Red Rock was much more of a Soap Opera than a Drama. It was better than most soap operas, towards the end it was desperate to become more edgy. It was push around the schedules too much and Virgin Media / TV3 really just wanted to drop it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Minor quibble but I've never heard anyone in this country use the word kin to describe family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Maybe Kin is a reference to Kinahan?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm still very excited for this but it's utterly moronic to let it air a few days earlier in the US than here. There'll be no communal Sunday night vibe as there was with Love/Hate the other 2010s dramas if they do it like this, the vast majority of the target audience will pirate it from the US the day after it airs over there.

Is it remotely possible they'd debut it the Sunday before, ten days from now on Sunday 5th September without any fanfare to that effect? It feels like if they haven't announced it already, it'll be the week after which will also be three days after the US air date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've often heard it, might be a regional thing but particularly common in Limerick and Clare.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with "Next of Kin" (a person's closest living relative or relatives.)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭jacool

"You and your idiot son and your whole f***in inbred family. You're all done. Yiz are f***in dead!"

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This based on the kinahan cartel family?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

My understanding is that it is based on the Hutch/Kinahan feud over the last 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Not sure how I feel about something which appears to be ripped so closely from the current headlines. I’ll probably watch, but I can’t help wondering could they not come up with an original concept for themselves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

The RTE D.O.G. is a massive put off but I will watch this show one way or another. It's got some good reviews for the first few episodes reviewers have seen.

RTE bosses have confirmed the release date for the broadcaster's new highly anticipated crime drama "Kin".

The show will be coming to the nation's televisions on Sunday, September 12th, and bosses are hoping the show will match the success of Love/Hate and run for several series.

M

The 'American' audience should give us a good feel for how good/bad it is after it's shown there this Thursday. I'm looking forward to it, just a pity RTE will be a few days behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to this, Love/Hate as we all know was an excellent series and be interesting to see how this will distance itself from it

The airing in the US been earlier is a bit of headache considering (cough cough) how advanced the internet is. Was it Normal People that was aired in the states before here ?

I wouldn't go by an American audience to be honest. Google reviews and the first few episodes get a good review.

M

Aidan Gillen being cast in this has me bothered, the fact he plays his part the same in everything he does is one thing but him being in a not dissimilar show like love/hate is another.

I see he's only credited for one episode

so that's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This has been screened for some TV Critics and it has been well received!

Looks like this could be a winner...

M

I assume with AMC+ being a streaming service that Kin will be avilable to viewers in the US from first light US time on Thursday rather than being released that evening to them?

8AM First episode went up and it's every Thursday for new episode.

Post edited by Delta2113 on

Just watched the first episode and it gets the thumbs up from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrlouth

How do you watch any link or you need a VPN

Advertisement