Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on this property

Options
  • 02-09-2021 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI all,

we are looking at up scaling from our 3 bed semi to a 3 or 4 bed detached in dunboyne (mainly because of school in the area but also we really like the area and what to settle here for a long time). This property has been on the market for over a year and doesnt seem to be moving up in price or have much interest in purchasing it. We would be looking to extend the property substantially but keep it as a bungalow if possible. Can anyone advise as to why the property may be stagnant on the market for such a long period of time? also there seems to have been some building work that has stalled.... this has been like this since the property first went on the market.

Any advice would be appreciated

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/station-road-dunboyne-co-meath/4392233

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Circus_O

Have you reached out to the agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Obviously a handy location near train but it's incredibly expensive, plain house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

yep but its a nice little plot of land, orientation is SW facing, potential to rennovate and expand... alot of potential

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Potential costs money. Lots of money at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

Looks very cheap for the area, get a good survey done and ask the agent why it hasn’t sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wildwillow

You need to have a detailed conversation with the EA. Write a list of queries before you meet him/her.

There is probably a planning issue with the stalled building. It is not a well planned extention anyway. If you can figure out roughly what you might need to do the house and get a ball park figure, that will give you an idea of the actual final cost to you for your dream home. Actually, double any figure you are quoted and expect to wait ages for a builder who is reliable.

Where do you live while renovating the house?

It could be as simple as a disagreement within the family if it has been a parent's house.

I like the site and if it suits your purpose, within your means, I would be inclined to pursue it, with caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

New houses popping up in Dunboyne would certainly temper my enthusiasm for that house... for what you'd need to spend on that house you'd probably get a nice new house up at the train station or over in Clonee / Hansfield. Let's say you got the house at below the advertised price... any decent extension is still going to cost 100k +. Nice plot size but realistically it's a 500k+ all in house. I'm not so sure I'd purchase knowing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Planning issues with the extension most likely issue.

Cost of upgrading house to B2 standard as building standard requirement together with extension would push total price close to 600K at today's labour and materials cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Falling

Hiya,

I know the area and I'd say upgrades and all the other things mentioned could play a role. That extension almost looks like a lean to for now.

I'd say the traffic on that road would be a pain for getting in and out of the driveway. Handy to the train though so maybe it wouldn't matter as much for some.

There was also a serious job done on the property next door. I'd say now it could be overlooking the property in question. I don't know for sure though- that's me just speculating. There was a bungalow there before from what I can remember. Might be worth considering if you go to view it.

Advertisement