Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Out of Season 2021

Options

Comments

I've been watching New Girl on Netflix and the latest episode I watched is one that starts with Halloween, and at midnight Jess says Happy Christmas! Then it skips 2 months to Christmas Eve-Eve, and they're doing a Secret Santa gift exchange. I love the NG Christmas episodes, they show the stress and fun of the season 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ah brill I love watching the christmas cookery specials :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Brown Thomas Yipppeeee!!!!

https://fb.watch/7uaI8-pPag/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Food Network currently showing Mary Berry’s Absolute Favorites focusing on Christmas dishes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Down in dunnes in blanch earlier for the weekly grocery shop and no sign of any early Christmas stock to report.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Movies 24 had two Christmas movies on yesterday and another one on tonight, it's those Hallmark jobs if your into them.

And Sky movies had Love Actually on yesterday evening.

The 'Now thats what I call Christmas' TV music channel launching Nov. 20th this year. I think this is still available for Virgin Media TV customers, it needs to be tuned in manually for Sky customers though.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Out of interest, when do we wrap this thread up for another year?

Can't remember what we did last year.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yep, Nov 1st... although it already feels like we're "in season" now that September has hit. 😁

I genuinely came on here last night to post this exact same thing.

The Christmas buzz online even outside of here is big that it feels like we’re in season already.

Is there an even bigger craving for christmas this year than there was last year?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd say there probably is as a more 'normal' Christmas than last year seems much more likely - at least at the moment it does!

Lets hope so.

I was looking up Santa visits last night, i didn't even bother last year as knew it wouldn't happen, so is starting on a more normal vein already.

It really does, doesn't it. Doing my best to try and refrain ftom going all in though, don't want to suffer Christmas fatigue before kick-off 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

Ah, I really needed to see this! Was there ever a cooking thread here. I might need to start one with all your tips and tricks. My mam is going to be going through chemo this Christmas so I have to make the Christmas dinner and I want to get it spot on for her. I love cooking in general but I never do roasts. I make my own mince pies, filling and all without suet, from scratch but never done the pudding or cake either! Busy Christmas ahead for me. I like Mary Berry but just been watching Jamie Oliver there and he made it seem straightforward. I might start a cooking thread in a few weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I did Christmas dinner when I was 14 as my mother was in hospital right up to Christmas Eve. I also did Santa. Luckily for me Darina Allen had just done a series including Christmas and her book saved Christmas. I went to bed after dinner and slept for 27 hours!! Good luck and I hope your Mam goes well with her chemo x

If you search back on here you will see a cooking thread. Had some great idea, tips etc.

Best of luck and hope your Mum is doing Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭A cup of te

Thanks, TRS30, was sure I'd seen something here about cooking at some stage!

Fair play to you, Caranica, that can't have been easy. Yeah, Darina Allen would have good classic traditional stuff. Definitely going to do my research and get it right. Love Rachel Allen's sausage roll recipe actually. Might do that as a starter. Cheers, folks

Stick around btw, I'm sure there'll be loads of cooking/baking chat in the next 3 and a half months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just had a meeting in work yesterday about the staff Christmas party and with the announcement that restrictions would be lifted there was a real buzz that yes finally we can get back to a good old fashioned get together (piss up 😛)

With a little confidence we decided to get a save the date poster made up to announce it to everyone, there is a serious appetite for this to go ahead and a big crowd will go to it.

We also told a senior member of staff that we don't want to hear any moaning about the cost of the event either 😄

Anyone fancy themselves as a carol composer/writer!? Heres your chance!! 😀

Just downstairs making a coffee & spotted a robin red breast in the garden, that's the first one I've seen since last winter, yet another sign we're coming into the most wonderful time of the year. Not long now until the gardens fill with leaves...

I had a dream last night. I woke up and it was still dark and most of my neighbourhood had their Christmas decorations up and on.

Cue excitement and panic at my end. I swear I have that dream at least once a year now 😂

• Advertisement

Just thinking there, we haven't many weeks left out of season at all. IIRC we close this thread on Nov.1st each year, which is a mere 38 days away!

Nov.1st is also the day the adverts embargo lifts so we can get Christmas adverts on TV.... though most hold off for a week or so after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement