Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Audi Delivery Routing

• 23-08-2021 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Just ordered a new Audi which is due to be built at Ingoldstadt Germany for delivery to Ireland. Quoted 8 days for build and 2 months for delivery - does anyone know the specific delivery routing the new vehicles take?

Audi used to ship directly from Emden to Dublin, but there doesn’t seem to be a regular car carrier between the two ports nowadays. There is however a weekly “KESS” car carrier (Schielde Highway) which docks in Dublin Port every Sunday having come from Zeebrugge.

Thanks for your assistance!

Comments

It's still Emden. Patara and some other one whose name escapes me are the usual ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Why would you need this information?

What use is it to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

If the shiny new car is built in 8 days , why the heck can’t it get here sooner Than 2 months and less than 2000km ?

To the op , Don’t VAG have a factory collection option ? With a fancy cylindrical multi multi story automated car picker lift.

nice little holiday to drive it home .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

Go to 6.00 for Vw factory collection , surely Audi have the same .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,849 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's a massive global pandemic which has completely destroyed the logistical system around the world and caused massive backlogs of freight. 2 months for a non essential delivery is good these days, plenty of companies are seeing bigger delays on essentials. It's got so bad that some of the biggest US retailers have hired their own container ships.

• Advertisement

Because it still makes zero difference.Its here when it's here.

Did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning or something?

What boat did my cornflakes arrive on?

Just curious,because obviously it's a useless and pointless piece of information,which I can do nothing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭kirving

Van Driver questioning why someone would show any interest in the delivery of their very expensive purchase 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭drogon.

When someone buys something nice for themselves, one can't wait to get it. 

Think of the time you posted this on boards, and couldn't wait for your Xiaomi phone to be repaired quick enough ! https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057937938/phone-repair-delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,849 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The time to be interested in the delivery delays is when you sign off the delivery date not afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭kirving

I don't think it was a complaint by the OP, just interest was all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,749 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Tbh, 8 days for build - starting from when, exactly ? 8 days, starting from........... 4 month's time ?

Getting a car from manufacture in 8d + 60days is to me, incredibly optimistic in the current manufacturing climate. I know the lead time on a HGV with M-B now, is next summer. A new Honda Goldwing is 1 year.

And the reason your item takes 60 days is because they need to put several hundred - or even thousand - on the same boat. It's not going to sail with 1 car on it...........

Weird, weird times.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

That'll be the end of him posting on this thread no doubt! Great find...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭User1998

OP, when I buy cars from Japan they make their way throughout Europe, including the UK, and then go to Zebrugge and get transferred to the Schielde Highway and usually arrive in Dublin a short while after. I believe there are other vessels that travel from Zeebrugge to Dublin too

And just as a side note, there is no tracking number when buying a new car so knowing what vessel the car is on is the next best thing as you can track it online. Look at the Golf R thread or Tesla thread and everyone is talking about what boat their new car is on

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sky18

If you want to you can track your car go to www.track-myaudi.ie you will need a comm number from the dealer usually available 2 to 3 weeks after its ordered. There is big delays at the minute my one took 8 months it sat at the port in emden for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 landlord2020

ordered last week

Was told "maybe January"

Asked if I could track and was told "that system has been discontinued, we will update you once a month"

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭3d4life

"that system has been discontinued"

Expect to hear a lot more of that

VAG manufacturing is in disarray. Partly due to component shortages but mostly due closure of a number of factories so that they can be retooled for the EV onslaught

This in turn means existing factories have to be retooled to take on product lines from the factories that have been closed

Tesla - the best thing that has happened VAG in 50 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Op cancel it and buy a Duster plenty of them in stock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement