Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

La Vuelta - Lagos de Covadonga Stage 17

Options
  • 01-09-2021 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭

Big stage today that could shake up the GC and probably the last chance for Ineos Brexiters & Movistar to try put some sort of challenge up to Roglic. 4 categorised climbs including a double ascent of a Cat1 climb before the party piece .

Eurosport coverage starting at 10:45 (provided the french open or le mans isnt on 😁)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Mark Padun to repeat his Dauphine performance by winning today and tomorrow 😵

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It's 3 for 3 in lackluster tours this year unfortunately but maybe the next two stages can change that.

I'd love to see an upset today and Odd Christian getting time on the others on GC.

Kenny Elissonde and Luis Leon Sanchez have both abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Really looking forward to this. I watched about half an hour so far and no breaks getting going. I'll go back soon, hopefully before the first serious climb.

Gotta say I think Mas has looked so strong so far, doesn't have the explosiveness of Roglic and some others but I think he could put up a high pace that nobody else can live with on the final climb. He has to go for it on this stage I think if he's to have any hope of winning the GC. Gotta get a few mins on Roglic befoe the time trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Going to be a very tough few days. 3500m today, 4400 tomorrow, over 2000 on Friday and 4200 on that "LBL" stage on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Duno whats going on with my eurosport player on the pc. Can hear dan lloyd speaking english but italian commentary coming through over it

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Yeah - it's not just you - it's happened a couple of times today - but they are aware and seem to have sorted it now...

good to know. had it on my phone and tablet earlier and both were fine no problems just pc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bernal attacking 60k out!

• Advertisement

oooh this is exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

That descent is more like the Giro Di Lombardia than the Vuelta

Rather them than me coming down this in the wet.

Thankfully Carlton is off duty at the moment - he'd be in hysterics at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is great but seemed a bit crazy taking off up that climb when it's likely that you'll be caught before the final climb. For once Movistar seem like they made a smart decision and didn't get seriously involved in that move.

I still like Mas for this stage.

Ouch

Bit mad the 2 of them are riding away from the chase group with 3 Bahrain & 2 Movistar there, nearly 2 mins up now.

It feels like it's taking them an eternity to get from the bottom of the previous descent to the start of Covadonga

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Looks like Lopez will finally have to be sacrificed.

Who was the uae rider cheering from the road side there?

• Advertisement

Roglic, different class

Game over

Those glasses Lopez wears look ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

True dat.

Bernal looks class on a bike when climbing, though. Roglic looks more like the local super-fit GAA player on a sportive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Was hoping for a bit of a battle here but nope...not to be

Jumbo Visma 1, 2

3 lads sprinting for 2nd and Roglic heading the other way

Roglic on the way back down the hill during that sprint for 2nd!

• Advertisement

Looking forward to that final climb tomorrow now.

Advertisement