Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Took me years to finally get through skyward sword. The new version looks a LOT nicer, but I doubt I'd replay it. The dungeons are great in it. The vacuum cleaner weapon is a bit daft though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

you must have been a completionist 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Finished Streets of Rage 4. Loved it. My work through the backlog continues, last night I booted up Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Great fun so far. Love the ability to go from the ground on a planet to flying directly out into space, no load screens at all. Really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I enjoyed Starlink for the first few hours. It got very grindy and repetitive after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is that like the achievement in The Stanley Parable that you get for not playing it for more than 5 years?

• Advertisement

Same, now I think about it. Think Steam lists the last playtime so I don't accidentally turn it on too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

:)

Nope, just got frustrated with it. But finally did it! Still have to finish Twilight Princess and Wind Waker even though I'm 80% through each of their main games. And Majora's Mask ... let's not talk about that ...

Lesson learnt: stick with 1 game till it's done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Playing Two Point Hospital at the moment. Super game so far and loving the humor in it. Just 3 starred the first hopsital which is tutorial level so pretty much auto pilot once you get things set up. I belive things get very hectic once you progress though so looking forward to busier hospitals and wackier illnesses. 30% off on Eshop at the moment. Got the Jumbo Edition with all the DLC for 23 euro in Russia eshop

Last played Stanley Parable Dec 27 2016... hmm

*sets Google calendar reminder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Loving Skyward Sword. Having not played it before its great to see all the little bits that ended up in BOTW.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I mean, you could just set your system clock forward and get it that way ;)

pfff.... that there is cheating buddy

Also there's a possibility it uses a remote server clock to gauge the actual date so why risk it :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I mean, it might have changed since but I'm pretty sure that's what I did when I played it however long ago and it was fine. Cheat detection on daft achievements in single player games is, uh, not something I can see any company being pushed about funding...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Has anyone tried the "Hitman 3 cloud edition" Btw? Keep meaning to see how it plays and I presume it's down to one's internet connection. And also presume it's fully featured with the other console versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Finished Skyward Sword HD last night. Absolutely wonderful game and if this was the version that released 10 years ago, I think the game would hold a completely different place in a lot of people's minds. The visuals look great in HD with the art style holding up really well. The orchestrated soundtrack is one of the best in the series and the dungeon designs are also top tier.

Played the entire game with the Pro Controller and apart from a couple of sword moves, I found it pretty easy to control.

Completion time of around 33 hours with a lot of side stuff still left to do. Very much feel like I got my money's worth with this re-release!

Started playing Captain Toad straight after and had to try unlearn holding ZL for moving the camera though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Had bought it a while ago but only yesterday came back to American Fugitive. It's GTA, basically, if it stayed top-down and hadn't got bogged down in all that busywork and mini-games the latter-day games in the franchise are known for.

The one addition I really like is its burglary mechanic: you pick a window/door to enter through; once you enter a timer ticks down 'til the cops are called and you explore the house using the floorplans. Coming across a resident during your exploration can be a great moment of tension.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I seem to remember the original GTA had plenty of busy work and mini-games!

Had it on PC and later on PS, and had a great time with it.

THis new one looks a blast though

• Advertisement

The classic example cited as emblematic of what I mean were the constant interruptions by your cousin in GTA4 to go on "dates". They became a little more intrusive aganst the simple loop of causing chaos. American Fugitive definitely cuts out the chaff - and as I said, I really dig the burglary mechanic. I try to be decent when I come across someone home, but don't always have cable ties to subdue them.

I try to be decent when I come across someone home, but don't always have cable ties to subdue them

In the game, I'm assuming

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I enjoyed Chinatown Wars on the PSP, the little that I played.

Seemed like an ideal blend of the OG GTA title and the then modern GTAIII.

Must dig it out, I have it on the DS as well...

I even have it on my iPad version 1 (not mini...I mean the first ever iPad)

They milked it as much as they could

Oh yeah forgot about Chinatown Wars. Was a curious outlier cos by the. GTA was definitely fully third person 3D; good game though and a shame they didn't do more like it. Of course V became a huge DLC/microtransaction money spinner so that was that.

That American Fugitive is good craic - though I must admit, I looked it up and saw it was 80% off on Steam so bought it there instead. I've played maybe an hour or so and it's just what I'm after at the minute.

The deals on Boomerang Fu and Hotshot Racer got me back to gaming on my Switch after several weeks of not really being in the mood for any of the games I have on there. Boomerang Fu I have played plenty of in the demo, but it's still fun seeing what extra stuff is in the full game - I've been meaning to buy a copy for whenever I actually have people over. Hotshot Racer is a lot of fun, and has a (for me) perfect balance of challenge on the drifting aspect, which is good as I usually struggle with that.

I also downloaded the demo of Game Builder Garage as I'm curious to see what it lets you do. As with Mario Maker, I'm not sure I'd use it enough to be worth buying, but we'll see how I get on with the demo.

The biggest issue with Game BUilder Garage is the lack of an in-game browser to find peoples creations.

A very odd omission, given the excellent community experiences of previous Nintendo, Super Mario Maker/2, and non-Nintendo, LittleBig Planet and Dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Xofpod

What is the exact status of Boards threads as admissable evidence?

• Advertisement

I think the recent updates making boards nigh on unusable you're safe to say whatever you like and it won't be found

Advertisement