Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Logan Paul is the biggest heel on the WWE's main roster in years. Can't remember the last time someone was incessantly booed without getting cheap heat by insulting [enter local sports team/star here]. Now I want to see him get beat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't understand why Miz/Morrison is next week. Former friends and partners used to build to at least 1 PPV. And I know it's not as big a deal or a PPV match but Piper is facing Eva Marie next week after turning on her as well.

As for Nikki, she went the Kofi route. Can be sure when Charlotte loses her title she'll be right in with at least 1 rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love Sheamus to have another world title reign

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah I dont subscribe to that.

He has a contract, we dont know the innerworkings of his mind. Maybe hes honouring it, maybe he has asked and was denied. Maybe their is no spot for him in AEW and maybe its a huge drop in salary that only a madman would reject.

I wont hold it against him if hes making decent money. No harm waiting until his contract expires and that way he doesnt burn any bridges.

And the man still goes out and does his best, even if you think he doenst care.

I feel sorry with how hes booked or perceived.

Ric's one of those guys where Vince has a notion to start pushing him before suddenly changing his mind and feeding him to the likes of Lesnar.

As for AEW reaching out, I'd say he would take that call. With the unpredictability around releases, he seems to be in a position to be released. So would you want to move to a new company on your own or be hunting for a new job the same time as multiple other releases? Not saying he would go, but he'd want to be keeping an open mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will we see some sort of shenanigans in the Miz vs Morrision match week and it will lead to a match at Extreme Rules

I'd say if Franky was on Raw, she and Maryse might get involved

Cole is streaming on twitch atm so don't think it's him

• Advertisement

Should be Sheamus. Why would he let someone else go out?

Yep. From wwe.com

Raw preview, Aug. 30, 2021: WWE Champion Bobby Lashley set for The Trainwreck showdown against Sheamus

In the wake of last week's turbulent events, The All Mighty WWE Champion is set for a showdown against The Celtic Warrior. Plus, Eva Marie goes one-on-one with her former protege Doudrop. Don't miss Raw, this Monday at 8/7 C on USA Network!

No idea what they mean by Trainwreck. I'm guessing that would be a word better suited to the Eva Marie match

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So another swerve by wwe

No Lashley vs Sheamus tonight, instead we're getting Lashley & MVP vs RKBRO and in a triple threat for the US title Preist vs Sheamus vs Drew

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭The Bollocks

Where's Asuka? ffs

Deadly triple treat match , this is PPV standard. Raw is excellent so far!

Bring out the Gimp Carrion Cross

It was good but surprised Drew took the pin, Vince must like Priest

Vince loves Priest. The Priest/Lashley tease at the start of RAW was a seed planted... Priest is getting pushed hard.

Omas is Boss. The best "BIG MAN" since Strowman

• Advertisement

Omos clearly has the skills. I can see this is building up to Omos vs. Brock at Hollywood Mania 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I see Charlotte and Nia had a breakdown in communication putting it mildly. I'm not a Nia but watching Charlotte have a meltdown like that is just embarrassing. Reminds me of what she did to Kairi.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just looking at Nia throwing what looks like shoot fists at Charlotte on Twitter she was close to a knock out if the 3rd one landed square.

Poor Kairi. the "she" in your sentence could apply to either of the 2 women unfortunately. I guess you mean Charlotte in the tag match. What happened last night anyway? Looked like Charlotte went for yet another headlock but Nia just shrugged it off. I must've missed what happened before that.

Did they even address why the Lashley/Sheamus thing didn't happen? I know "plans change" but that's usually the excuse from wrestling news sites. Since Drew took the pin, that could've been a 1 on 1 match. Maybe was because Vince decided last minute that he wanted RK-Bro on there and didn't have opponents to justify putting them in the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like Nia lost the head after Charlotte slapped her.

Charlotte is the better and more experienced wrestler and should've tried to rescue it but then she lost the head after Nia's punches.

It didn't even look like a good shoot fight, just two petulant little girls getting angry. What a shìtshow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf Nia had a huge botch before that where she dropped Charlotte. Charlotte gave her a receipt for it (justly, as in typical Nia fashion it was very dangerous) and Nia lost her head then. Even the powerbomb at the end she gave Charlotte was ridiculously dangerous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You've one woman who constantly botches, to a dangerous level.

And another woman who does not react well at all when something goes wrong in a match, and lashes out when it goes south.

The two of them have absolutely zero chemistry together, and both seemed to make mistakes. Nia seems constantly booked to be a powerhouse, despite having very little strength by the looks of it ("big" does not mean "strong", and that's coming from someone who knows). And Charlotte sandbagging her is utterly unprofessional as well; even if she's pissed about the accidents, trying to start a shoot fight on TV is never the proper direction to go. Plus she nearly got put down by Nia, quickly.

Utter disaster that both should be reprimanded for, but neither will for various reasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Nia was coming close to landing a serious blow which is the gas thing. Charlotte would have known all it about had she gone down like a ton of bricks on live TV, as her star power would have taken a serious hit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nia is just lazy. Proper wrestler goes down with that move too and drops the other wrestler safely.

Not Nia though, she couldn't be arsed standing up again.

Advertisement