Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are we going for protein?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Yikes! That's a sharp increase in prices on MyProtein. Lowest I can see is €77 for 5kg after trying a few codes. Winter bulk is officially cancelled. Spaghetti arms for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭antimatterx

They're literally ignoring my request for a refund. It's simply skirted around and they say they're "looking into it". I'm eating protein yogurts (which have 20g protein) while I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Is that bulk or myprotein who are shipping from Poland?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ashida

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaz22

That was MyProtein's live chat Bulk's site says they ship from Poland too but based on Trustpilot reviews they had the same issues with the new 2kg rule that MP had so they weren't shipping from Poland in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Made an order from MyProtein last night, only 1kg whey in case it's blocked.

Just got dispatch email from DHL in German. Looks like Irish orders are coming from Bonn, Germany now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

€70 for 5kg vanilla impact whey with DOMlMYP

Thought it was €67 yesterday, prices seem to change by the day and depending what's in your basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Code doesn't work for me. Where did you find that one? Hoping there might be a similar one I can use to get a decent discount.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

What are some Irish-made whey proteins that distribute within Ireland? (Obviously there are Irish retailers selling products from abroad within the county too, but I'd like Irish produced whey if possible)

Kinetica?

Flexinutrition?

ON(?)

Any others: Glanbia own BSN and Isopure, others too, does that mean it's all Irish produce?

I've certainly ordered from MyProtein and The Protein Works in the past, and maybe I will again, but I wouldn't mind supporting an Irish business and one that might make a lesser impact on the environment in terms of shipping, packaging etc.

Just figured out that the code given is wrong. It should be an 'I' in the middle but he's written a lower case 'l'! I just copied and pasted and never noticed.

• Advertisement

Asked for a refund again. 2 orders in, and I've heard nothing.

I put in an order earlier today and got an email from DHL in German. Guess they're shipping from Germany now.

I got a refund issued this morning for a package that was ordered at the start of August but never arrived.

I order a 1KG bag last week (20th August), it still hasn't shown up and the tracking hasn't updated since.

I've loved My Protein but the CS and customer experience has been shocking.

I ordered at the weekend and got an email yesterday saying it was dispatched. Expected delivery at the end of the week. We'll wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Christ, wish I had checked in here before my last order. Waiting over three weeks now. Assholes in customer service are trying to act like everything is normal and I should just be patient, neglecting to mention they've had countless orders delayed or blocked by customs. I would be far more forgiving if they were up front about it. Think I will put them on my black list!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Ordered with MyProtien start of August, no animal or protein products, just other sups and a duffel bag.

Took two week to clear customs in the UK, arrived here into Fastway (15th) with no sign of delivery since (Fastway tracker says one or two day). Called out to the depot and they say customs here seized but should be released soon (last Wednesday), still no update so opening a case with MyProtein for non-delivery.

Such a pity as normally they have been flawless and are great for vitamins and other non-protein bits.

MyProtein said they would refund me the difference so I get 10kg of impact whey for €95. Happy with that but they should really be offering more for the mess they made with the customs issue. I got €5 voucher back in March because my order took three weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

5kg Impact Whey Protein coming in at <€50 with code on MyProtein today with the current PayDay sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Just ordered two 5kg Impact whey protein. Should expect to receive it just before christmas, if ever, based on some of the reviews online but will let you know when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just got notice that my package ordered 23 days ago has been returned. No reply to my message asking for a refund yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Received this morning, MyProtein shipped from Germany by the looks of the tracking. 6 days total including weekend. I cant complain.

I ordered on the 28th of August but haven't received anything yet. Gone beyond the estimated delivery date too. Less optimistic by the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Ordered from bulk the 25th of august, still not received, coming from 🇳🇱 Contacted them on live chat and they refunded delivery 🙄

Received a 1KG bad from My Protein today. Ordered August 20th.

Shocking turnaround

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Ordered some creatine from bulk on 25th Aug.

Still no sign.Its sent from Poland apparently.

Used to get it next day delivery when they were bulk powders.

A pain in the hole really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ordered from MP 31/08, order arrived today minus a 3kg bag of whey which appears out of stock. Not sure whether this will be sent out or if they will issue refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Sent off a few emails and a live chat yesterday.

Dunno if it's coincidence but it arrived today.

Better late than never I suppose.

• Advertisement

An Post have had my MyProtein 10kg of whey sent from Germany since the 3rd. It was sent to wrong delivery office on the 7th and since then has had 7 updates saying we have your post in "dublin parcel hub" and "your delivery has been sorted" some of those updates happpen at 3am. Can't get in contact with anyone at An Post about it.

Advertisement